Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

Klue has posted his photos.

I am utterly amazed that his pair have actually survived this long! What an testament to the durability of Full Count denim.

The crotch repair is practically frame-able art. That is fine, fine work.

Truly stunning pair of jeans!

Congrats!!!!

:D

Indeed. Damn, amazing they survived. That must be the most unique and original pair in the contest...

And apologies about not being too active in this thread the past couple months. Been too busy. I will DEFINITELY post final pics though, March 5th is the end for me.

Man, I looked at the pics only thread and those are fucking amazing. Looking forward to seeing all of the jeans. I have been pretty ignorant to this contest up until now. It is kinda nice to not see the progress and then be blown away by the end result. Big ups to all y'all.

remember all the shit people gave Klue and Co back in the beginning? personally, i wanted to hang out with those fuckers and smoke some weed. but yeah, pretty damn nice turnout. wish Kawawaka's was still around.

as for posting pic's. . .do it for Gordon man**. c'mon, the guy hooked us up with some of the finest custom made denim in the world at a great price. shit, i should of bought two pair at the pre-order time.

**no one in particular. just anybody who originally entered the contest or bought the pre-order.

Please do!

Honestly I've been a bit dissappointed in the level of participation in this thread the past five or six months. There's only been a handful of people making regular contributions. It would be even more dissappointing as the contest is winding down if people don't post final pix.

Full Counts are great jeans, be proud of how they turned out and excited to share.

ok. i'll try to have pictures up this weekend.

is there a finals thread up yet?

I'm wondering what jeans to get when this contest is over. I will continue to wear the FCs, but I want a pair with a similar rise and top block, but a slimmer fit from the thighs down. any suggestions?

I was actually thinking of getting a slightly oversized pair of 1108. thoughts?

If you want to stay with FC, check out 1101. The fit is between 0105 and 1108.

I can't wait for pics from Mr. Haga and Almostnice.

washaholics anonymous

klue's jeans are stunning in photos, imagine seeing them in person! i had to take time out of my day just to burn a bud and stare at that shit. here's some recent pics of my 1108s. they were retired(i wear them while the denime are drying a few hours a week)@11 months?40+hand-washes:

85380232.jpg

left leg combs:

17382548.jpg

right leg combs:

37148759.jpg

back, with shrunken patch. the yoke-repair strip is warehouse 1000xx denim

33284874.jpg

thigh repair:

23003139.jpg

lap:

16940270.jpg

a few more for good measure(i still owed beatle some pics), arcs are still trying to hold on:

60063909.jpg

51630144.jpg

i had a utility pocket on the side, but i took it off so i can use it to patch the denime when the time comes. these pics are for the cats who say washing your jeans ruins the fade...

^ guess b/c it wasn't asked of. still can post those in this thread tho! :)

***btw- we sending the jeans to Gordon? has this been confirmed?

Sounds like we're just posting in the conclusion thread and sending entry pix to directly to Gordon also. I'm sure Gordon would love having our jeans in hand to judge, but when we all talked about that a few months ago I think it was pretty much decided that sending jeans back would be too expensive for the non-US contestants. Plus after almostnice's troubles, I don't think anyone is too keen on the idea of shipping their jeans!

Gordon has confirmed that he does NOT want the jeans sent. ONLY the pictures. But everyone should be posting here, just 'cause this is a community project as much as it is a contest. Light wear and fades are good to see, too.

We can do a "reunion" set of photos at Year Two. Obviously, Klue's will not last -- or the repairs will have completely covered the original!!!

so we don not need to mail our pictures to Gordon, just posting in the dedicated thread will do the trick?

It's mentioned in the conclusion thread (it's kinda hidden in there though) that Gordon does want pix emailed to him in addition to them being posted in the conclusion thread.

Only 10 entries in the conclusion thread.... did everyone drop outta this thing back in June and July? I'm beginning to think there's only five or six people left (MrHaGa, Almostnice, Knugget, and myself among them) that are going to post pix. I sure hope a lot more photos are being sent to Gordon and he puts a page for Full Count contest like there is for the Warehouse one. After a year's work it would be nice to see 30 or 40 pairs of jeans rather than 15.

I was one who didn't post for some months, so not all is lost.

I would suggest that our fearless contest leader send out a reminder to everyone on the OP list. It would be easy enough to do. (He could also post his own photos...)

I'm still hopeful that others, like me, who've just been happily wearing their denim will re-emerge to post their pictures.

Still, prodding helps!