Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

#71 checking in! amazing how much indoor light and outdoor light can change a picture. Joelz- i'd love to see a couple of outdoor pic's. i haven't posted in the pic thread yet. not sure which one to post. outdoor looks more accurate colorwise, but still- it's very slightly overexposed to my eye. just a hair. didn't want to f with it in photo tho. very tricky to shoot. . .

Indoors-

indoorfront2.jpg

Outdoors-

finalfront.jpg

Before-

IMG_7808.jpg

After-

finalback.jpg

bonus shots!!!!!

indoorfront.jpg

backleg.jpg

thanks for the rep all - i think the contrast/shooting indoor in my not so well lit apartment messes with the colors - but I've noticed some other peoples look blacker than others. I'll mess around with new pictures over the course of the weekend, and try to get some outside pictures - living in brooklyn doesn't really afford me much of an outside, but i'll see what i can do

tvshooter. they look great. can't rep at the moment.

I'm wondering what jeans to get when this contest is over. I will continue to wear the FCs, but I want a pair with a similar rise and top block, but a slimmer fit from the thighs down. any suggestions?

I was actually thinking of getting a slightly oversized pair of 1108. thoughts?

I'm also looking for something similar, but...

Gordon says he's working on a Samurai contest jean, but I don't know what the cut will be. I'd love a Samurai denim in a just-slightly-slimmed version of the FC cut...

sigh...

The problem is that I'm (more than) slightly over-sized right now...

Getting snowed in with Snowpacolypse hasn't helped, either...

I'm also looking for something similar, but...

Gordon says he's working on a Samurai contest jean, but I don't know what the cut will be. I'd love a Samurai denim in a just-slightly-slimmed version of the FC cut...

sigh...

The problem is that I'm (more than) slightly over-sized right now...

Getting snowed in with Snowpacolypse hasn't helped, either...

a slightly slimmed version of these FCs would be perfect. that's what i need.

this BIGxsamurai project looks good, except for the rise. it's hard to find a high rise with a slim leg. I'm gonna check out the Denime66.

Argh. Been my problem with past Samurai. I can't do the low rise, as it produced plumber butt on my plump body.

Keep me/us posted on your search, as I am eager to find my next jeans in exactly that "slightly slimmed version of the FCs", too.

Cheers!

There's one pair of size 29 left in the Warehouse #800.

I'd love to see something worthy in a new contest jean. Frankly, I like being part of a "project" that the contests represent. It's the sense of collective effort that I like. Otherwise, they're just jeans. (Excellent jeans, nonetheless, but just jeans.)

emmitbrown,the denime 66 is midrise,no highrise at all.

The Pikebrothers 55 engineers is highrise with a slim,slighty tapered leg.

Man! I think the mechanics bib is the really awesome piece. Where did you get this / who sells or stocks this? Any chance it can be found in the US???

Duuuh. Found their website: http://www.pikebrothersshop.com

They are! I bought a pair because going off the measurements at BiG they looked very close to my 0105Cs but with a higher rise and a little less waist (both of which I wanted). They are higher and narrower at the waist, but they're also smaller in the butt, hips and thighs. They're listed as tapered leg, but to my eye they're pretty straight. I like the cut a lot and they only thing I'd change would be to add about a 1/2" more taper below the knee.

There's one pair of size 29 left in the Warehouse #800.

I saw that and called to confirm. i hope no one buys them while i'm making up my mind.

They are! I bought a pair because going off the measurements at BiG they looked very close to my 0105Cs but with a higher rise and a little less waist (both of which I wanted). They are higher and narrower at the waist, but they're also smaller in the butt, hips and thighs. They're listed as tapered leg, but to my eye they're pretty straight. I like the cut a lot and they only thing I'd change would be to add about a 1/2" more taper below the knee.

So would you say they are slimmer in the legs? The measurements are saying that they are. Plus they have all the fixins i like.

How is the selvedge width? the 0105 have the perfect sevedge width. it seems like you can't get good tracks without a thin selvedge line.

Man! I think the mechanics bib is the really awesome piece. Where did you get this / who sells or stocks this? Any chance it can be found in the US???

Duuuh. Found their website: http://www.pikebrothersshop.com

The bib is truly awesome.you are in Vienna now?

nothing easier than to order them,Pikebros are located in the most southern part of germany at the austrian boarder.

not sure if you have to pay customs from Germany to Austria,if so i can proxy.

The bib is truly awesome.you are in Vienna now?

nothing easier than to order them,Pikebros are located in the most southern part of germany at the austrian boarder.

not sure if you have to pay customs from Germany to Austria,if so i can proxy.

Ha! I wish! Wrong Vienna. I'm in Vienna, Virginia, USA. It's a suburb of Washington, D.C. Sadly, I haven't set foot in either Germany or Austria in ages. Mostly, I go the other direction (Asia, etc).

Thanks for the thought, tho.

Need to get pics of mine. my year ended last week. Haven't worn them much in month or so. I need to reinforce near the crotch before they get anymore wear.

I ordered another pair of the 0105s earlier today. It was a toss up between the Fullcounts and the Warehouse 700s. I decided to get the Fullcounts while they are available.

everyones jeans are so sick. yo p-wing i've got that same pouch.my girl thinks it's funny that we are black and both basically rock the same shit. keep rocking that shit yo. the vintage jacket is boss. fullcount is a proven winner.

well today's my deadline. haven't worn them for about 2 months now. should i bother to take pictures and post them up?

Please do!

Honestly I've been a bit dissappointed in the level of participation in this thread the past five or six months. There's only been a handful of people making regular contributions. It would be even more dissappointing as the contest is winding down if people don't post final pix.

Full Counts are great jeans, be proud of how they turned out and excited to share.