Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

baking the paint isn't @ at necessary, but it will cut your wait for the paint to cure considerably. 2 minutes @ 350 degrees and your jeans will be ready to rock. the quick baking wont affect the patch, melt the stitching, or any of that shit. everyone's arcs look sweet!

Newman : Yeap you got that right. It has started for some and will start later for the rest (like me, who needs to return my pair).

Updates on the misship, Gordon kindly agreed that he will accept my misshipped pair of jeans as a return and ship out the appropriate pair accordingly. I have also requested them to ship by DHL Express so as to not incur a handling charge by UK Parcelforce (23 pounds).

I guess the only thing I'm losing is the payment for the arcs and tabs.

Sounds like a nice idea to do around the end of this contest Jan

I think so Dave, i have enough room in the waist left for shrinkage and they don't feel really huge pre-soak,

they should slim down a fair bit with a soak and a wash, i'm going for a similar fit as DP (i hope!)

Newman : Yeap you got that right. It has started for some and will start later for the rest (like me, who needs to return my pair).

Updates on the misship, Gordon kindly agreed that he will accept my misshipped pair of jeans as a return and ship out the appropriate pair accordingly. I have also requested them to ship by DHL Express so as to not incur a handling charge by UK Parcelforce (23 pounds).

I guess the only thing I'm losing is the payment for the arcs and tabs.

That's good news, you'll love the 0105! And big up to BiG and Gordon.

great job everyone on the diffrent types of arcs, it'll be cool to see how all of them fades with some jeans and appears on others after fading.

Mich: That looks like a great fit!

You'll probably end up having a nicer fit since it looks like you're taller and you won't have to roll them like I did.

well i just don't hope they'll end up too short.

I want to be able to at least make a small cuff, i'll wear em lower than on these pics though.

well we'll see, gonna soak and wash em tomorrow, just sewed the tab in.

you'll be suprised @ how fast these will soften up. one soak wont get all the starch out, hot or cold. the zimb. cotton is mad soft, so they have to use mad starch to make it as stiff as it is when you buy it. thats why i said a while back that you will have to soak, dry, and resoak to get all the starch&shrink out better in hot water. oh yeah, the starch mix also includes parafin wax and glue. in a week they'll be soft as a mofo. the hand is incredible.

pwing and batorizer, those arcs are awesome. Tried to +rep but got error page instead. Maybe because I'm a noob and no rep power.

Salaami is right. FC denim softens up real fast. My pair is quite comfortable after only two days of wear. I am very impressed with FC's denim. It's dark, hairy, and also very rough and "bumpy". I got small warp threads all over.

Fit pics

DSCN1497.jpg

DSCN1498.jpg

Small warp threads

DSCN1496.jpg

Mich, I cuffed them a bit more than you pre soak and now I can't/don't need to. But as they become softer maybe they will reach a bit further. At least that's what I'm hoping as I would like to show a little green selvedge too.

Thanks for the info Jay, i'm going to wash them tomorrow so we'll see how short they'll end up, they are .5 inch longer than BiG measured so that's a plus.

i don't feel like having much stacking on these, but a small cuff would be appreciated.

No doubt once they soften up and drape better they'll reach a bit further down.

That's a great fit Snake.

exhausted, you could have downsized at least one size i think, but i don't know how easy it'll be to exchange these for another size.

They don't look bad, just a looser fit than most have on these.

I didn't size down (0105C 34) so I'll have a similar fit as exhausted I think. If I had it wouldn't be possible to button them right now...

Was meaning to post pics but am currently taking salaamis advice and soaking them again. Crazy stiff and rough yesterday and couldn't resist to have a colleague touch them to get the WTF?!-face :-)

I have also requested them to ship by DHL Express so as to not incur a handling charge by UK Parcelforce (23 pounds).

Your just (if not more) likely to incur a charge with DHL then parcelforce. The charges arent taken by Parcelforce they are actually with customs. All the packages go through the same process be it parcelforce, dhl, ups, and anyone else.

Parcelforce then stick on a charge for filling out all the paper work and paying customs to release the package before they charge you. If i remember correctly the DHL charge is infact higher then the Parcelforce charge. (edit: wow not correct. DHL only charge a £1.25 admin charge while Fedex, UPS and parcel force are charging £12-18! Though it seems DHL are calculating all the expected charges from when the parcel ships so your still more likely to incur charges. The charge is calculated from value declared + postage price.)

You can always get lucky though and not get charged anything if customs dont bother checking the package. Also theres no point in writing $50 on the sticker outside and including a invoice on the inside as if they open it to check they will see the invoice. (Not that i know if they send on in the package.)

Your just (if not more) likely to incur a charge with DHL then parcelforce. The charges arent taken by Parcelforce they are actually with customs. All the packages go through the same process be it parcelforce, dhl, ups, and anyone else.

/snip/

Paulo. The charge incurred was not by customs. There was no import duty or excise duty. 9.09 charge for VAT and Parcelforce Clearance Fee of 13.50.

Sending via DHL would mean that DHL handles the parcel all the way to my doorstep, so I don't have to pay the 13.50 Parcelforce charges for handling. Perhaps I will still be charged 9.09, but that is significantly less for my already very thin wallet.