Credit Card for Superfuturians?

herpsky

I have been using an SPG.com (starwood preferred guest) AMEX credit card for the past year or so. Before that, I had used AMEX Blue with cash back.

I switched to my current card b/c the cash back rate was pretty bad.

The SPG card has been pretty good. I have exchanged points for hotel / plane tickets (no blackout dates) and etc.

I have thought of opening a barneys card but i only get points if i use it at barneys so it seems pretty pointless.

I put everything on my CC: groceries, cellphone payment, gas, books, and most important of all - clothing. These things add up and I'm paying ~1000 bucks / month. I feel like there are cards that give me better perks...

So, I'm looking for a new card with good rewards - one that lets me robocop more jawns.

What do you use and do you have any suggestions?

i use the penfed visa platinum cash rewards card.

no annual fee, 5% on gas, 2% on groceries, and 1.25% on everything else. its nice because you get the cashback as a credit to each bill. i don't like having to accumulate 8 million points just so i can get a fucking $25 shitty gift card or having to wait until the end of the year to redeem a check.

free to join if you or a family member are/were in the military/govt employee or $20 1x fee.

I have been using an SPG.com (starwood preferred guest) AMEX credit card for the past year or so. Before that, I had used AMEX Blue with cash back.

The SPG card has been pretty good. I have exchanged points for hotel / plane tickets (no blackout dates) and etc.

I have thought of opening a barneys card but i only get points if i use it at barneys so it seems pretty pointless.

I put everything on my CC: groceries, cellphone payment, gas, books, and most important of all - clothing. These things add up and I'm paying ~1000 bucks / month. I feel like there are cards that give me better perks...

So, I'm looking for a new card with good rewards - one that lets me robocop more jawns.

already a thread, japan-boy. if it got erased cause of fucked up vol. 4 i 4give u then.

Don't be talkin' about the Centurion card like ya'll have one.

There is one person on this forum that has one at least, and it's nobody that's posted within this thread..

If you do have one, prove it.. i gotta see this shit.

It's literally near impossible to get, the requirements are so over the top that it's scary that somebody can even spend that much in one year.

• 2 weeks later...

There is one person on this forum that has one at least, and it's nobody that's posted within this thread..

It's literally near impossible to get, the requirements are so over the top that it's scary that somebody can even spend that much in one year.

who has one?

shit IS impossible to get... i think the minimum is spending like 5 mil on the card a year

Two things..

Minimum spending is closer to ~300,000 dollars a year...

AgentJ.. having a business doesn't count, AmEx doesn't give the black card out to business owners, it has to be for PERSONAL transactions.

Two things..

Minimum spending is closer to ~300,000 dollars a year...

AgentJ.. having a business doesn't count, AmEx doesn't give the black card out to business owners, it has to be for PERSONAL transactions.

Not true

Check wikipedia. Minimum spending is exactly 250k per year, and the card can be for personal or business use.

My friend was offered one. He has an online e-commerce business and uses his Platinum AE to purchase postage, as well as the bulk of his purchases.

He averaged 100k for 2 years and was offered the card. It comes with a super high service charge, which I have forgot, and for him the Platinum was fine. I think he even downgraded to Gold, and just upgrades when he buys intl. plane tickets (travels with wife).

Who calls it a centurion card anyway, shit is a black card..

who calls it a black card? everyone knows it's the AFRICAN AMERICAN EXPRESS

personally, I just ditched my Citi Visa because they are a sucky bank and they jacked my rates because they're going under.

i use Discover Miles for meals (double miles for first $3000 spent on meals and travel every year) and my platinum Chase Visa for everything else (3% cash back on gas, 1% cash back on everything else, 6.99 fixed apr)

What didn't you like about your Amex Blue Cash? I have the same card, and I dig the no annual fee, and it's nice to get a couple hundred bucks off of my bill once a year.