How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

I'm alway lamenting about how little fit information for kingsize guys is available around here so I try to add a bit of information myself.

All pairs posted below are tagged W38L36 and either worn for 9-12 month but straight off a hot wash (LVC) or one wash (Warehouse) or fresh from the initial hot wash (Full Count).

LVC 501 '55

LVC55.jpg

LVC 505 '67

LVC67.jpg

Warehouse 800

WH800.jpg

Full Count 1101XX (93 Revival Model). These might have a bit of shrinkage left in them.

FC1101XX.jpg

Momotaro Copper Label G007-MB (Size 28, One wash). Initial fit

To determine the size I used some old jeans as reference, then compared to the size chart on Momotaro website.

Jeans used for reference:

- Momotaro Vintage Label 0201 (Size 29, Raw but hotsoaked once)

- Somet 003 (Size 27, Raw. sanforized)

- Somet 008 (Size 28, Raw, sandorized)

2z87o03.jpg

rbgtus.jpg

• 1 month later...

@chantheman is that bcoz its gonna stretch too much if i dont n i wont be able to shrink it down again? or something to do with the colour(s) of the sugarcane denim?

the waist is really tight thts why i only cold-soak it (32.3" at the moment, i usually wear 33"-34") everywhere else is loose.

the fades will probably shift when you wash them. sugar cane jeans will stretch out so its ok if they shrink. they will stretch back out but generally you want to get most of the shrinkage out early so that you know that the jeans are going to fit right

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

my dad is 45 (years old, for styling reference), 205-210lb, 6'2, 36 waist, 32 length. He's not into to anything slim fitting but wants a pair of starter raw denims. Help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Jeans: Edwin ED47 Onyx Black 32 x 34

Me: 36 true waist 30 leg

EdwinED47Fit.jpg

They are snug up top, but that's to be expected sizing down 4!

This is first wear, so hopefully a month down the road they'll have stretched out nicely :)

Also just got Naked and Famous Weird Guy in Antique Blue 33 waist:

NFWeirdFit.jpg

I'm going to give these time to settle before deciding whether to keep the ridiculous stacks or get them hemmed.. I'm leaning towards stacks as most people seem to cuff lighter coloured jeans and these are weird guy after all :)