Clothing for The Great Outdoors

In case they don't get it....

SD-60-40Parka1968.jpg

Point taken, but I have a vintage 60/40 Sierra Designs that I took out into an actual hiking trip. Fun as hell, but a slight downpour got me drenched. I'm all for vintage blends, etc, but I like useful clothing. However...now that I think about it, isn't 60/40 supposed to be treated eventually? I didn't do much to prepare it, except wash it before using...

Love this thread, thought I might contribute. Back at home and found one of my father's old down jackets from his time as a trekking guide in Ladakh. It's made by Mountain Equipment, a mountaineering company from Cheshire. Nice and light with good heat retention.

KGF7nl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

can anyone recommend a down vest for under $300 US? i live in australia so i'd have to order online (site needs to ship internationally).

i was looking at the patagonia slingshot but almost everyone seems to only have L and XL in stock. i am a L in patagonia jackets, however with a vest i think i'd need a M. i have read mixed reviews - some say they fit bigger whilst others say smaller so i'm not sure whether to bite or not. i am 6'1/75kg so if anyone has one and can advise (or recommend another) that'd be dope.

Patagonia sizing is all over the place. If you check on their website you can get a better idea as to the sizing of a particular item, theyre good about responding to questions. But over all they fit "regular" theyre not as form fitting as stuff from arcteryx.

random but im really liking my patagonia nano puff pullover right now

• 6 months later...

More Rucksacks and backpacks

Assorted Vintage Rucksacks from the likes of: Chouinard, EMS, REI, Gregory, Gerry, TNF, etc...

IMG_4608.jpg

A few particularly Juicy Specimens (Mountain Master, and Chouinard, respectively)

IMG_4611.jpg

Can anyone identify some of these brands because I can't read Japanese! hahahaa.

I love some of these bags.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Man the "Urban Tech Wear" thread totally fucking ate my thread's lunch.

After a 2-3 year hiatus I am back and no one posts here anymore. I have thought about why that is, and have a few good ideas, but I will save them for another day, for now, support me and my new baby boy (!) by purchasing some outdoor classics:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/148421-cftgo-vintage-outdoor-gearcamo-paraphernalia-yardsale/

Yea, I'm spamming my own thread.

And what.

Not true!

They Didn't, but now they Do as of fairly recently

http://www.gramicci.com/shop/vintage-tapered-pant-p-7353.html?show_color=BLACK+IRIS

Emphasis on "Like them" though. Unfortunately not them exactly. In fact, I am getting a pair with the dough i hope to make off this sale.

Edited by RAISED BY WOLVES

like a lot of more pedestrian websites, i think the fit and colors look way worse on Gramicci's than they actually do in real life. least I hope thats the case.

I like the dark blue, black, and "hawk" (grey?) But the japanese 30th colors are def better...what's new though, right?

No fly is kinda wack, but with the easy integrated belt it could be worse...

• 4 months later...