Clothing for The Great Outdoors

anyone have any experience with these? i'm on the verge of pulling the trigger. they remind me of my childhood :)

sorel-caribou-winter-boots.jpg

Sorel makes the most practical winter boots period. If you live in a place with snow get them. Not be best looking boots, kinda Bean boots on steroids, but they are sooooo warm and dry.

went to the only Canadian Filson dealer and sadly spent more than I wanted to spend.

purchased this guy yesterday (3 week wait for stock @ Filson) in medium and almost impulsively bought the red/black mackinaw wool vest since it was in stock and looked good but thought it'd be worth the wait for the charcoal mackinaw western wool vest since I had my eye on it.

10057-main-010.jpg

also pulled the trigger on the alaskan guide shirt in red/black

12006-main-640.jpg

then as I was about to leave I noticed they also carried pendleton and hurt the wallet more, damn. bought the limited edition Beach Boys board shirt.

50000_PBB&size=280.0,373.0

There are several Canadian filson dealers. You can get their bags in at least 6 stores in Toronto and their clothing in 4 or 5. There will be much more to come... my company just picked them up to distribute them in Canada... we are really good at getting the goods out there.

I guess I wasn't listening properly haha.

That's right Wayne said it's the oldest FIlson Dealer in Canada. When they first started carrying Filson they had two products.

Apparently Holt Renfrew sells the Field Bag for a 120$ more than Hanson's.

Congrats on the distribution deal. I use to live in Toronto for 13 years till I moved here four years ago. What's your company? I hear you can see those Canada Goose jackets on the streets of Toronto quite frequently.

question to you penfield owners: im thinking about purchasing one of their jackets during the spring and i was wondering how the fit is. TTS or sizing down one seems to be the general pattern on this thread, but there doesnt seem to be any general consensus for the newer seasons; i want to make sure i get the sizing right the first time. also, how are the sleeves? narrow, normal, big, etc. thank you.

1221.jpg

"The Perfecto collection is a new collection designed by Greg Chapman consisting of pieces inspired by vintage Perfecto Schott pieces, yet updated with contemporary detailing. Made in limited numbers at the Schott factory in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Incredible quality goods from one of the true heritage brands.

The Mountain Parka is made from vintage deadstock 60/40 cloth, originating from the 1970's when the original cloth was first used in mountaineering products. Noticably different to touch, the fabric more crisp and rugged than some modern day interpretations.

Classic mountain parka detailing.

Leather pocket tabs

Peaked Hood

Adjustable waist and Hem

Unlined"

from superdenim.

question to you penfield owners: im thinking about purchasing one of their jackets during the spring and i was wondering how the fit is. TTS or sizing down one seems to be the general pattern on this thread, but there doesnt seem to be any general consensus for the newer seasons; i want to make sure i get the sizing right the first time. also, how are the sleeves? narrow, normal, big, etc. thank you.

don't know if this applies to all their jackets but i'd say go TTS if you plan to layer a lot (which i do), size down if not. the sleeves on my fw 10/11 wool kasson are a bit big but they look okay with a thick sweater underneath.

Where is that 60/40 going to be available? I've seen it posted here, but it's not up on the Schott website or anything. Anyone have any details on pricing, etc?

Context has it. Curious about the sizing. At least online, it looks a lot better than I would have expected--was expecting the new Schott Perfecto brand stuff to be more Gant-level. Barney's also has it.

• 4 weeks later...

I too am looking for a nice waterproof shell for townie cycling and the like.

missed the boat on that finnestere sale, kinda pissed but figured theres gotta be some good options.

edit- got the patagonia torrentshell w. rei dividents+20%off. solid basic shell, good fit, light, and minimal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got a lot of Sierra Designs and a Filson Mackinaw on the bay. I KNOW you guys are interested in these sizes, took me a long time to find them and a long decision to sell them. Hope you guys cop.

Size S

W7nbP.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270750575771&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Size XS

qIhlo.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270750577415&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123#ht_500wt_1156

Size 38

l0KYE.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270750579195&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123#ht_500wt_1156

Don't own it but tried on recently. Sizing on the torrentshell is pretty perfect. You will have some room for layering if you go true to your normal size. Size down one if you're not looking to layer at all. It is pretty breathable as well. Personally i would pay a little extra for the rain shadow, which fits similarly. You might find it cheaper some places too.