Clothing for The Great Outdoors

^like them. remind me of plaintoes. first thing I thought when I saw them was to cop a pair for my girl. She is a radiologist and every time I visit her at the hospital all the girls are wearing dansko shoes. She'd be steezin on them with those.:)

It does run big. I'm usually between a L and xl if I want to layer, and I could probably fit a medium. The other pieces from Penfield seem to be more true, just the Kasson feels on the bigger side. I think it's the best value in the lineup though. Non-insulated, but heavy enough to just run a tee under in cold weather.

I've been reading this thread and roaming ebay, but couldn't find a tan / orange / or redish anorak in S/XS...

Do anyone has any lead?

Thanks a bunch.

garbstore has a red mod parka in small, on sale for 125 pounds.

NY Times piece on Japanese "mountain girls"

"Mountain Girls" climb in Style

...many of them have turned into what the Japanese are calling mountain girls, women who pack a rucksack on the weekend and head for the nearest trail — a fad that also has produced a noticeable increase in feminine hiking fashions.

Izumi Osaki, a self-proclaimed mountain girl, said: “When I’m on the trail, my head is clear, and my body feels great. It’s the best fix in the world, and it’s all natural!†A pharmacist at a large Tokyo hospital, Ms. Osaki is single and free to devote herself body and soul to scaling mountains in and around Tokyo.