Clothing for The Great Outdoors

^^^ anorak is fresh. i gotta nab something like that. anyone know of anorak in waxed cotton or 60/40 parka, preferably new, but vintage-style?

Oliver Spencer will have a waxed version next fall, I think.

Any more user reviews of the Altadena works teardrop pack? Deciding on a new bag for commuting.

Like this one as well, although durability and comfort may be concerns (secondary, of course).

img56429782.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a skiing thread?

Been on a technical kick lately, haven't bought new ski gear in a minute, and gettin ready for a few ski trips the end of this season

ArcT Sidewinder AR

MIRBL.jpg

Cloudveil RPK

cloudveil_rpk_pant.jpg

anyone ever ski in soft shell pants? guess they'll be fine for resort skiing...

new ski socks (they've come a long way since the last time I had to buy them) and a insulation layer from patagonia

And a completely superfluous Norrøna Lofoten soft shell (gotta love tramdock)

BABJ.jpg

Cool! What kind of skiing?

mostly vermont and poconos, where there is not much backcountry to speak of, but off piste as much as possible... one trip out west a year if i'm lucky

that looks mighty ugly.

and the double chin doesn't help either

anorak should be bigger imo. also - phillies suck.

that looks mighty ugly.

and the double chin doesn't help either

As someone with 300 posts and rep power of 4, you can stfu.

anorak should be bigger imo. also - phillies suck.

I like the fit of the anorak. I had a pair of the gloves in the front pouch which makes the midsection look a little smaller.

And actually, the Phillies do not suck. The Phillies have a one of the best line-ups in MLB and a solid rotation--and are the odd-ons favorite to win the NL again.

lol its late

i swore that read 'yo as someone who can rep 300 pounds on benchpress, stfu'

gotta say the jacket / cap combo ain't doin' it for me but the rest looks good.

I like the fit of the anorak. I had a pair of the gloves in the front pouch which makes the midsection look a little smaller.

And actually, the Phillies do not suck. The Phillies have a one of the best line-ups in MLB and a solid rotation--and are the odd-ons favorite to win the NL again.

Bawhahaha. thanks for the entertainment.

Is there a skiing thread?

Been on a technical kick lately, haven't bought new ski gear in a minute, and gettin ready for a few ski trips the end of this season

ArcT Sidewinder AR

Cloudveil RPK

anyone ever ski in soft shell pants? guess they'll be fine for resort skiing...

new ski socks (they've come a long way since the last time I had to buy them) and a insulation layer from patagonia

And a completely superfluous Norrøna Lofoten soft shell (gotta love tramdock)

soft shell ski pants are so season-specific they seem kind of pointless unless you have a house nearby. i just wear jeans if it's too warm for normal pants. ski sock technology has completely changed, i went up to VT when the high was 5 degrees and the lightweight socks were fine as single layer as long as you had foot warmers. hot chillys make great ones

i bought a norrona paclite which is pretty sweet, or you can totally rock your supreme north face pullover and beast out the slopes.

BTW, Danner has incredible customer service. I just bought a pair of ML2's form someone who was looking to dump a new pair. They're too small, and Danner agreed to exchange them even though I have no receipt or anything. Too bad there's a 1 month backorder b/c the last few leather stocks that Danner's received have been failed their 7-point inspection. The last batch just passed so more will be released soon, including my 10.5 EE's :)

please tell me your joking. you're my boy and all, but i will neg you. :mad:

long weekend at okemo. thursday can't come soon enough.

go ahead - it doesn't seem to stop anyone else. i did notice the stern looks of disapproval from a host of frou frou north-easterners last year though :). does it help that they're samurais?

okemo is good, went to killington the last two years but may try again

go ahead - it doesn't seem to stop anyone else. i did notice the stern looks of disapproval from a host of frou frou north-easterners last year though :). does it help that they're samurais?

okemo is good, went to killington the last two years but may try again

effin gaper, lol

dude i fukn hate killington, its like a big brother to hunter mountain

+rep. basically sums it up right there. fuckin huntaaaah.