RAISED BY WOLVES

Clothing for The Great Outdoors

I have that brown label north face in blue, poopslush. warmest shit ever. do you have the hood? that shit is huge. maybe ill post some of my brown label shit. my every day working guy bag is a nice old brown label one. and I got a few jackets. word life.

wow, that looks great! the manchester material looks beautiful. Great find!

another vintage parka: I wonder if white mountaineering where inspired by the company white mountain.

3c80_12.JPG

This is going to end up like the Wallys thread where every e-bay auction gets blown up, isn't it? :(

^

indeed

in a similar vein a label mentioned a while ago Old Town

Made in Norfolk UK

they also sell out of their homeware sister company's store on Brick Lane Labour and Wait

overall5.jpg

borough2.jpg

Some nice jackets and pants in Wool, Twill and Denim fabrics

I'm digging more lately the mix of outdoors in the hunting/logging sense and outdoors in the snowsport/alpine sense. Throw in a little classic American workwear and you've got yourself a kit. Ala my heroes at anoutcommune meta -

Posted one of these in the other thread. Posting again +1 because this thread need more looks.

12-1-1.png

12-1-4.png

Also, one from DIVERSE

diverse_blog_2399.jpg

Shit, for some reason this is making me want to talk about classic American shit in the sense of ivy league and yacht club. Button down oxfords, chinos, varsity jackets, canvas sneakers, etc. Ah, maybe another time, another thread...

^^nice stuff.

Im a big fan of the various Loftman sites styling

staff-kimura.jpg The jackets from Filson Italy, wtf is that?

staff-moo.jpg

Something I've been interested in recently is a really, truly quality windbreaker. I have no trouble staying warm enough in my Rick parka with maybe a sweater without the wind but as soon as it picks up in Providence it becomes almost unbearable. Something I can layer under my parka would be preferable.

Does a garment exist that can withstand these mighty winds, I ask thee?

^^nice stuff.

Im a big fan of the various Loftman sites styling

The jackets from Filson Italy, wtf is that?

I don't know what it is but some available from Rakuten Travels

img55723117.jpg

img55722854.jpg

img55722985.jpg

Looks like a sort of Woolrich Woolen mills equivalent maybe?

on cursory investigation it seems that they are cut the same

but their labels say made in Italy

so I think it just premium materials/detailing

from Travels

the Italian of the [huiruson] corporation import origin being America, arranges the item which is developed through the Italian filter, supplies the material part from all American [huiruson], as for plan and sewing goes in Italy. In a manner of speaking, it could add to the highest material design power of the point, it is added value of the brand and something which raises charm. The material it does well, pattern does well, sense does well. * It is one of the faces “of [huiruson]â€

Yikes, ¥71,400 for this?

staff-kimura.jpg

It's nice and all, but I'm not sure it's three times as nice as the domestic line.

That's ludicrous.....I can understand the premium materials, but the American brand makes superior quality products at 3/4's that price.

superbobo, is the jacket really only 740 kr?? thats roughly £60.

Yea, its pretty cheap, especially since the swedish crown is so weak at the moment. Shoot the store an email and see what they say about international orders.

on cursory investigation it seems that they are cut the same

but their labels say made in Italy

so I think it just premium materials/detailing

from Travels

yea it does seem to be about the same. I am no longer excited. I jumped the gun and told sharpservice I was gonna get that waterfowl jacket before realizing it would be too big. luckily I hadn't paid yet. also, I'm not sure if I would have been able to live with myself paying that much money for it when I could get more or less the same jacket for 1/3rd of the price. crazy ass japanese people.

Yea, its pretty cheap, especially since the swedish crown is so weak at the moment. Shoot the store an email and see what they say about international orders.

Emailed them the other day about international ordering/shipping. I am keeping my finger's crossed to hear from them!

I'm not sure if I would have been able to live with myself paying that much money for it when I could get more or less the same jacket for 1/3rd of the price. crazy ass japanese people.

Absolutely

but they sure do look nice

Emailed them the other day about international ordering/shipping. I am keeping my finger's crossed to hear from them!

Would be interested to hear if they do

did find a French Site

not as artfully photographed but esentially the same product might be worth trying them also

Flannel I found in my pop's closet:

fs.jpg

Make is Field & Stream (since 1871). I don't know much about them.

^^Theyre are great brand for heavy cheap flannels imo, i got a couple. I dont know if they have/had a relation to the Field & Stream magazine.

Timberlands I picked up for my job at The Pure Gardener. (formerly the Geneva Greenhouse) Worn with Samurai Geishas

timberlands.jpg

timberland.jpg

Is there any more affordable brands that do outdoor/mountaineering stuff?

That, of course, depends on your idea of affordable.

Price is linked to quality. If you're looking at companies like Carhartt and still want something cheaper, you're out of luck unless you want something of very poor quality.

If (Value) = (Price) ÷ (Product Life) then Carhartt's bang-for-the-buck is among the best ever. They have thousands and thousands of field testers putting their products through the wringer everyday.

Grab yourself some used Pendletons, some Red Wings, and some Carhartts and you should be set to live outdoors for a decade.

Sick-ass 1950's LL Bean reversible Anorak:

LLBeanAnorak.jpg

LLBeanAnorakWhite.jpg

LLBeanAnorakTag.jpg

Didn't post it before so as not to blow up the auction. Any of ya'll get it?

nice finds

u didnt bid on them?

nice finds

u didnt bid on them?

When looking at outdoor gear, how many of you consider the performance/technical aspects of a jacket?

Do you find attachement to products that are obviously less advanced and may not get the job done as well as contemporary offerings? Of course many of these jackets we fiend over will rarely be put to use on the mountain and only be seen on the streets.