Clothing for The Great Outdoors

meh. the founder was killed in the early 2000s---in an avalanche.

not saying they are design-heavy or like, at all fashion-y, but that is their appeal for me. i mean look at the zealot jacket-----one pocket. total.

and the ambiguity of the logo: OR

?!

and they are still doing it on their own...

:shrug:

meh. the founder was killed in the early 2000s---in an avalanche.

not saying they are design-heavy or like, at all fashion-y, but that is their appeal for me. i mean look at the zealot jacket-----one pocket. total.

and the ambiguity of the logo: OR

?!

and they are still doing it on their own...

:shrug:

I actually OWN the Zealot jacket. It's waterproof as fuck and I could stuff it into the pocket of my jeans but it fits like a garbage bag. Nothing special really, it's just a stripped down Paclite shell - good for the City during the indecisive spring and fall months.

^ I'm still fiending for one of those Sierra Designs jackets with the Pendleton lining but dont feel like nabbing one off yahoo.jp for more than retail and then paying a proxy.

In fact, I might just get one made myself. My background is in production so its really just a matter of sourcing the materials and choosing one of the factories in NYC that I'm familiar with and do good work. And because I have a vintage 60/40 jacket, I would be able to give them a model to work off of (though I would slim down the body and arms).

I'm thinking of an olive green 65/35 cotton and nylon blend shell (or Ventile cotton but the cotton/nylon blend has better abrasion resistance) and tan Pendleton Indian print wool body lining. Maybe a black shell with a turquoise indian print body lining.

Interesting...

You can still get ribbed-cuff pants from Orvis and some hunting outfitters (and vintage). I'd like to see someone get away with them while not holding a gun.

Anyone have a source for waxed/oilskin pants? Been reading Riding Toward Everywhere and I'm jonesing for hobo pants.

cross post, recent pick ups

could not resist

Fjällräven Greenland jacket

Fjällräven Kånken Big

nice! i have a kanken, been thinking about getting a big or a laptop one.

what's the sizing/fit like on fjallraven's jackets? I want to order either a Skur or a Nordli but there's only like one place in the US where i could try fjallraven on...

what's the sizing/fit like on fjallraven's jackets? I want to order either a Skur or a Nordli but there's only like one place in the US where i could try fjallraven on...

They are quite roomy. I'm usually a size L but for example that Greenland jacket I'm size M (though, I have a size L that I've worn maybe two times and would be happy to part with... ;) )

backcountry.com fucking owns so much

the norrona jacket i got was a different color than the photos on the website made it look like, so i inquired about their returns/exchanges policy.

turns out its unlimited length and they pay for you shipping (at least on the exchange I'm doing they did).

i know this sort of thing happens more and more now, but its really good to acutally hear them say 100% satisfaction guaranteed and really be able to prove it.

The Big is nice, 22 L storange space. I was looking at the laptop KÃ¥nkens aswell, but they are so small otherwise.

As Mokkey said, they run rather big. Im a XL in fashion/european brands, and got L in Fjällräven. The fit is good, not tent like as alot of other stuff, but rather more tapered towards the bottom.

Im also L in US brands like mainline Ralp Lauren (or even M), carhartt and the like.

Albam Fisherman's Cagoule

You can't find a better spring jacket, or at least its hard to. One of my favorite purchases in a while, definitely gonna last me years.

3433429679_86824f0c07_o.jpg

3433429839_62482b8700.jpg

I seriously don't have enough time or space to write all the nice things about Albam and their people. Best customer service I've ever encountered. Awesome brand.

backcountry.com fucking owns so much

the norrona jacket i got was a different color than the photos on the website made it look like, so i inquired about their returns/exchanges policy.

turns out its unlimited length and they pay for you shipping (at least on the exchange I'm doing they did).

i know this sort of thing happens more and more now, but its really good to acutally hear them say 100% satisfaction guaranteed and really be able to prove it.

I don't know why but it seems that outdoor stores seem to have really good return policies. Like MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) in Canada has a similar return policy as well. They pretty much take anything back haah.

i think its because they have a predominatly honest client so the products being returned in theory are with good reason,instead of say fashion retailers who have to deal with the kind of peple who wear stuff once and try and return as new or pick a seam and want a refund once they are bored of said item

any recommendations for Merino wool t-shirts? I keep hearing good things about them but i was wondering where you could find nice, fitted shirts, for a decent price. The one from Outlier looks good but its definitely more pricey than some other merino tshirts.

traveling through SE asia in september for a little over two weeks.

any recommendations for a travel pack? im liking some of the north face ones, but am pretty clueless about this stuff, so open to anything.

Something 25 - 35 litres.This has accompanied me several times in SE asia. Karrimor Sabre Delta 25L.

M23017SabreDelta25BLACKprofileL.gif