Clothing for The Great Outdoors

anyone where i can buy white seam tape?

just found a huge hole in the underarm on my idiom shell that needs to be retaped :(

fml

You should go to a Burton / Idiom stocklist and have them send it for repair, this is not suppose to happen. Burton is usually very good at fixing / replacing stuff.

Any one have any info on Technical/Outdoor Clothing manufacturers? Are most of these companies producing their goods in house? I'm interested as I am looking for a technical gear manufacturer for a small project.

try this http://www.seattlefabrics.com/outerwear.html

5 Nature Facts bandannas en-route, will update upon arrival.

Really fiending after this Mt Rainier pocket long sleeve. Anyone have any ideas? I'm not super familiar with Japanese sources.

item14.jpg

Also really loving this Epperson Mountaineering tote, and the price isn't too rough, but am kind of turned off by the webbing and, of course, black would be the best. Know of any ballistic nylon draw-string totes?

http://www.commercewithaconscience.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Finisterre_Sastruga_Mk_II_Jacket_Graphite.jpgFinisterre_Sastruga_Mk_II_Jacket_Graphite.jpg

These look nice, eco friendly, slim silhouette, life guarantee, and portion of profits donated.

http://www.finisterreuk.com/

I bought the non hooded version of that jacket, been using it for windy rides in -5/-10°C and I feel absolutely nothing, not the cold, not the wind, not even the jacket which is damn light. On the downside, it doesn't breathe much and the fabric is super noisy when you move around.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=crescent+down+works&_sacat=See-All-Categories

3 crescent italian vests done in navy pendleton wool on ebay for $100 BIN. these are factory seconds from what appears to be the south willard order. i own this exact vest and it's fucking great.

sick protip.

im always watching their ebay shop for my size....

went to the oldest Canadian Filson dealer and sadly spent more than I wanted to spend.

purchased this guy yesterday (3 week wait for stock @ Filson) in medium and almost impulsively bought the red/black mackinaw wool vest since it was in stock and looked good but thought it'd be worth the wait for the charcoal mackinaw western wool vest since I had my eye on it.

10057-main-010.jpg

also pulled the trigger on the alaskan guide shirt in red/black

12006-main-640.jpg

then as I was about to leave I noticed they also carried pendleton and hurt the wallet more, damn. bought the limited edition Beach Boys board shirt.

50000_PBB&size=280.0,373.0

2588-1-L.jpg

got this the other day to replace my 5 year old TNF bag. Noticed that a few people have commented on the epperson bags so heres some observations;

its really fucking nice.

it's a little larger than you would think from the oi polloi measurements, I easily fit macbook, 5d + lenses, with room for a jumper & other shit.

The trims are all nice, ykk rips on side pockets. The metal cord tension locks are nice but are quite thin, they dont look indestructable but certainly nicer than plastic.

Sits very comfortably when wearing it. Opening and closing takes a few seconds as you have to loosen out the webbing. but this doesn't bother me.

All in all great bag very happy with it should last a good few years

s_33_133.jpg?1297187718

s_134.jpg?1297187787

Looking at the Storm track(top)

and humbodlt (bottom)

Anyone have experience with either of these? I need a waterproof shell.

I have the humboldt and love it. Though I do wish sometimes I got the storm track for the full zip...I just prefer the moc when it comes to a water proof shell. Great quality and if you throw in a mid layer it is great for the michigan weather here. Sizing is on the smaller/slimmer side so be careful when ordering your size.

cross post from small q's. looking for something similar to these but in solid tan or navy colour. preferably something i dont have to jump through hoops or mortgage my kidneys for (eg not visvim etc)

Look at their spring line, they have that supreme colorway in the kasson.