Clothing for The Great Outdoors

I have a vintage 60/40 woolrich parka, and I'm not sure how to clean it:

Dry clean? Cold wash with no spin cycle?

I just sent it to the dry cleaner and got it back.. It turned out great.

Also, 1 part vodka, 2 parts water (in a spray bottle) takes away the funk smell. This is according to valetmag.

Does anyone know how to re-waterproof 60/40?

i fuckin' hate life. i missed that medium woolrich 60/40 auction by a few minutes...just fuckin forgot about it. fuck.fckfteatlhttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man, that sucks. it only went for like 30 something bucks too.

that just happened to me too, with a vintage ll bean anorak. it ended when i'm usually home, so i figured i'd just beat the clock but i ended up having to stay at work til like 11, so i missed it. went for 5 bucks. fuuck.

Does anyone know how to re-waterproof 60/40?

Great Baxter state parka btw. It is great. I had one some time ago, but it was a bit too small, so I sold it to a friend. I am going to buy one as soon as I find a suitable one on eBay.

I am not sure about how you re-waterproof a 60/40, but Fjällräven is made of the same type of fabric and they offer a wax (Grenland wax, is the name as I recall) that you can use to give it a plain impregnation (is that the right word???)

AT SuperBobo: I recently bought a vintage Fjällräven oilskin jacket (made in England) in a thrift store. It has leather patches on the shoulders like a shooting jacket, leather accents on the pockets and sleves and cord collar and cord trim on the sleeves.

I will try to get pics of it ASAP. It is really the best find all year.

^^^WHOA. If you rolled up on me by the river with that thing on, I'm pulling out the boxcutter just on GP...

It's like a Jason mask.

haha...true stillz...good sense of general principle...

but forreal, thou ox shalt be kept and ready then...cause I'm getting that thing.

I think I'ma start a "High Fashion Ski Masks/Balaclava" thread, unless we get some good contributions in here...

just picked up a mt rainier dsign backpack yesterday.

nonnatives gotten way too fucking expensive

research general store had a shit load of nice jkts when i went a couple of days ago