Clothing for The Great Outdoors

i'm not sure if this goes in the winter jackets thread or this thread, but since i'm here and we've discussed these brands in this thread, does anybody know if this parka from fjallraven fits slimmer than a similar parka from sierra designs?

fjallraven

fjall_osk_green_large.jpg

sierra designs

26777_0.jpg

Can someone tell me what this kind of coat is?

Both Filson and Mountain Research call it a Mackinaw, but when I google that, I don't come up with anything.

I'm hoping to find something closer to the MR version, cloth not wool, but in color olive or tan, and without the huge pricetag or hassel.

Thanks.

pFILSON1-2230897dt.jpg

jkt-exp.jpg

cross post from waywt

my father gave me his Barbour jacket, had it for 20 years

its older than i am!

jawedassjeanscopyrt1.jpg

I'm considering getting it rewaxed as it hasn't been since purchase

nice, here's my barbour bedale going on 5 years no rewaxing yet

i am going to have the sleeves lengthened and a hole patched when i send it in

crossposted from evo of sweet denimz brah thrak:

128762784570518207.jpg

nice, here's my barbour bedale going on 5 years no rewaxing yet

i am going to have the sleeves lengthened and a hole patched when i send it in

crossposted from evo of sweet denimz brah thrak:

128762784570518207.jpg

Sleeves lengthened? No way. Fit is perfect. My waxed cotton Steven Alan jacket has shorter sleeves and I run it with them cuffed once just for extra sleeze. I like to see a lot of shirt cuff, and even some sweater cuff in there when I layer up on cold days. I encourage you to reconsider.

hmn. food for thought. i think i bought that shirt (you can see the hem hanging out from under the shirt jacket) from you---green OAK button down with the odd double layered shirt pocket.

Word. looks good, man.

Couple of new White Mountaineering pieces for Spring. Probably the brand that I most want to be carried in the US.

wm1-13-2.png

wm1-13-1.png

Anybody else have any experience with Nau Clothing? I got their Succinct Trench this past spring and really liked it:

Succint-Trench.jpg

Although it's very lightweight, always kept me very dry, except the rain would soak my knees where the jacket stopped. Nice and slim, nice profile.

They almost went out of business over the summer, but then got bought by another company, this season they have some other really nice stuff, but at even crazier prices. I think my favorite is this jacket:

308m555_002_1_18.jpg

Anybody else have any experience with Nau Clothing? I got their Succinct Trench this past spring and really liked it:

Succint-Trench.jpg

Although it's very lightweight, always kept me very dry, except the rain would soak my knees where the jacket stopped. Nice and slim, nice profile.

They almost went out of business over the summer, but then got bought by another company, this season they have some other really nice stuff, but at even crazier prices. I think my favorite is this jacket:

308m555_002_1_18.jpg

I agree, they are pricy, but that jacket looks somewhat like the Arc-Teryx jacket we saw in the first few pages of this thread, and its not 500 bucks. So theres something to consider....

Some sickguy posts on the last page.

DDML: great fit on the barbour. Tried one on yesterday. Bedale. Size 38. Looked sick, but it was used, and they wanted a (sort of) absurd amount of money for it.

GNAR: White Mountaineering. God damn it. White Mountaineering. Jackets look as sick inside out as normal. When I open my store, we'll carry them stateside. (hahahahahahahahahahahaha)

RE: NAU: My brother works for patagonia. Nau is a small offshoot of said brand started by former employees/designers who wanted to take things back to a smaller more environmentally friendly business model. I don't feel it too tuff to be honest, but I would imagine the quality is decent.

PICK UPS: Burgundy Woolrich mountain Parka size L. Beautiful coat. A little wide, and the sleeves are a little short, but worth buying none the less. Wish it was one of the wool lined joints, but it aint.

Deadstock big-buttton military henley. 50/50 Wool/cotton, in that wonderful cream color that all henleys used to come in (unbleached cotton?)

Unis tapered Grey Chinos. Been looking for something in this department for time. On sale. Good deal. Thanks to Gnar for putting me on to the brand back when.

That is all.