Clothing for The Great Outdoors

I'm digging more lately the mix of outdoors in the hunting/logging sense and outdoors in the snowsport/alpine sense. Throw in a little classic American workwear and you've got yourself a kit. Ala my heroes at anoutcommune meta -

Posted one of these in the other thread. Posting again +1 because this thread need more looks.

12-1-1.png

12-1-4.png

Also, one from DIVERSE

diverse_blog_2399.jpg

Shit, for some reason this is making me want to talk about classic American shit in the sense of ivy league and yacht club. Button down oxfords, chinos, varsity jackets, canvas sneakers, etc. Ah, maybe another time, another thread...

Something I've been interested in recently is a really, truly quality windbreaker. I have no trouble staying warm enough in my Rick parka with maybe a sweater without the wind but as soon as it picks up in Providence it becomes almost unbearable. Something I can layer under my parka would be preferable.

Does a garment exist that can withstand these mighty winds, I ask thee?

on cursory investigation it seems that they are cut the same

but their labels say made in Italy

so I think it just premium materials/detailing

from Travels

the Italian of the [huiruson] corporation import origin being America, arranges the item which is developed through the Italian filter, supplies the material part from all American [huiruson], as for plan and sewing goes in Italy. In a manner of speaking, it could add to the highest material design power of the point, it is added value of the brand and something which raises charm. The material it does well, pattern does well, sense does well. * It is one of the faces “of [huiruson]â€

on cursory investigation it seems that they are cut the same

but their labels say made in Italy

so I think it just premium materials/detailing

from Travels

yea it does seem to be about the same. I am no longer excited. I jumped the gun and told sharpservice I was gonna get that waterfowl jacket before realizing it would be too big. luckily I hadn't paid yet. also, I'm not sure if I would have been able to live with myself paying that much money for it when I could get more or less the same jacket for 1/3rd of the price. crazy ass japanese people.

Yea, its pretty cheap, especially since the swedish crown is so weak at the moment. Shoot the store an email and see what they say about international orders.

Emailed them the other day about international ordering/shipping. I am keeping my finger's crossed to hear from them!

I'm not sure if I would have been able to live with myself paying that much money for it when I could get more or less the same jacket for 1/3rd of the price. crazy ass japanese people.

Absolutely

but they sure do look nice

Emailed them the other day about international ordering/shipping. I am keeping my finger's crossed to hear from them!

Would be interested to hear if they do

did find a French Site

not as artfully photographed but esentially the same product might be worth trying them also

Is there any more affordable brands that do outdoor/mountaineering stuff?

That, of course, depends on your idea of affordable.

Price is linked to quality. If you're looking at companies like Carhartt and still want something cheaper, you're out of luck unless you want something of very poor quality.

If (Value) = (Price) ÷ (Product Life) then Carhartt's bang-for-the-buck is among the best ever. They have thousands and thousands of field testers putting their products through the wringer everyday.

Grab yourself some used Pendletons, some Red Wings, and some Carhartts and you should be set to live outdoors for a decade.

nice finds

u didnt bid on them?

When looking at outdoor gear, how many of you consider the performance/technical aspects of a jacket?

Do you find attachement to products that are obviously less advanced and may not get the job done as well as contemporary offerings? Of course many of these jackets we fiend over will rarely be put to use on the mountain and only be seen on the streets.