++++

OLD [Official Bug Thread]..Bugged Out..

not sure if this has been acknowledged or not, but forums need to be refreshed to see new threads/posts.

also, apparently threads are still going missing or possibly just because of this reloading issue.

editing posts seems to change the timestamp, which in turn moves the post within a thread and, well, fucks threads up.

not sure if this has been acknowledged or not, but forums need to be refreshed to see new threads/posts.

also, apparently threads are still going missing or possibly just because of this reloading issue.

editing posts seems to change the timestamp, which in turn moves the post within a thread and, well, fucks threads up.

it's been acknowledged alright, that and much more, but their( can you fit in this too?) priorities are in getting new adds up not having a working and functional forum.

if i press supercontrol, it asks me if i want to log out, i can't get to my messages

Has this place been fucked up on purpose?

cos i could see it being funny for a hacker to log people out when they try to do anything personal, if not thats a little messed up..

if i press supercontrol, it asks me if i want to log out, i can't get to my messages

i'm getting this too.

brilliant stuff, guys.

stick a fork in it already.

flatlining.jpg

yes, yes fuck you too. We're working on these issues in real time so get used to it and get over it.

--> I should also explain how many people worked on this project, it's only fair: 2 people, both with full-time businesses doing other things, so if you find bugs its because on a project of this scale with 2 people you can't catch everything. we're no myspace - yet

so, you want a pat in the back because you decided to put inexperienced people with a shortage of time working on this? sure ! !

Something i would really like to see changed, which i would assume would be a simple setting change.

Make each page show 20 posts like it was before, currently each page only displays 10 posts.

Something i would really like to see changed, which i would assume would be a simple setting change.

Make each page show 20 posts like it was before, currently each page only displays 10 posts.

supercontrol > supersettings > edit options > display 20 posts per page

supercontrol > supersettings > edit options > display 20 posts per page

Thanks for that..

I should note that the default should be set at 20 posts already, 10 is far too little for a forum that moves this quickly.

no worries

I think the problem was that all defaults got set back to vB defaults, not sufu defaults when the switch was made, which has caused a large number of the issues.

for some reason I cant see the quick reply button?

goose25 is troubleshooting and has temporarily disabled the quickreply.

for some reason I cant see the quick reply button?

Good job on getting he "go to first new post" button back and in the right space -- really missed it.

Guest Goose25

yes, yes fuck you too. We're working on these issues in real time so get used to it and get over it.

--> I should also explain how many people worked on this project, it's only fair: 2 people, both with full-time businesses doing other things, so if you find bugs its because on a project of this scale with 2 people you can't catch everything. we're no myspace - yet

Q: How many idiots does it take to spend two years screwing up a message board template?

A: 2

Q: How many idiots does it take to spend two years screwing up a message board template?

A: 2

lol

what happened to the reply field and quick reply button

i have to quote now just to make a reply

lame

lol

what happened to the reply field and quick reply button

lame

seriously the quick reply button is entirely missing from my screen WTF

seriously the quick reply button is entirely missing from my screen WTF

from about 10 posts above:

goose25 is troubleshooting and has temporarily disabled the quickreply.

multiquote at least works lulz :D

lame

Why?

Picture1-1.png

Quick Reply wasn't there yesterday

It's back now

You should have read what else everyone's been saying about the Quick Reply button going missing.

No big deal.

i posted that yesterday, maybe you should have read that... It doesn't matter if the quick reply button was gone there is still a reply button underneath the last post of the page...

you see this is the problem - rather than telling us to fuck off you should be putting back up sufu v3 like any competent amateur would do. You managed to build probably one of the most influential mens fashion forums/websites in the world with sufu v3 but now w sufu v4 you are shooting yourself in the fot again and again and again because you refuse to listen and persist with refusing to acknowledge the piece of junk it really is. We undertsand you have plans for sufu, but this is not the way you go about implementing them!

Guest Goose25

Maybe a little harsh... v3.0 isn't coming back ever - it's gone for good.

We have cooked up a plan for removing whitespace at left which will clean up the experience to the nth degree. stay tuned.

i fully appreciate how difficult this stuff is. in high school i used to admin public forums of corporations for some extra pocket money, and its an understatement to say that vb is a buggy fuckup of a program that looks like utter shit unless ages are spent modifying it. most vb skins look so horrible that it amazes me somebody actually made them.

v3 looked better than pretty much every other forum (a perk of being a design-related site i guess) and v4 still looks fairly good in comparison to most to be honest.

im still not a fan of the dots and the sidebar (it makes browsing on a phone very difficult) but i can get used to the new design. what really amazed me was that things didn't work that work when you just setup a default vb forum.

what really amazes me is that the functionality was completely broken. surely you guys were able to set up a dummy v4 forum and test it to realise that editing a post deleted it? surely you could have realised that changing from supertalk.superfuture.com/~ to superfuture.com/supertalk/~ would cause problems unless something was done about that? by the way, many links (for example "most recent post" when looking at a profile) still point to the old addresses.

basic functionality problems like that just made everything seem rushed.

i'm not trying to get v3 back, i see that you guys have bigger plans in trying to make the main page and supertalk a combined experience. i'm just trying to explain what the users saw.

by the way, since supertalk already exists, wouldn't it make sense if we could comment on supernews and supertravel articles? that would really enhance the user-driven thing.

any chance we can get the old PM box back

i dont see the point of supercontrol not auto-informing u of pending unread pms

i don't think anyone should be too amazed by chaos on superfuture!! it has been chaos for 10 years so far... anyway, unfortunately until we have enough revenue to support an entire technical development department full of experienced vbulletin, php, css, googlemap coders plus server experts then supershit is occasionally going to hit the fan and splatter everywhere. that's just the way it is, whether any of us like it or not. if i could have had it all 100% perfect from day 1 then i can assure everyone i would have... the transition of a website this technically complex into a consolidated new version [and not just talking about supertalk] was always going to be a headfuck.

anyway on the upside !------>

heres a christmas buggedupdate.

1. we have been working on SUPERFLIPPER - where you can have an option in 'edit options' to flip the supertalk layout so that the left hand column swaps with the right hand... still working on it but plan to have it working before end of month. [uPDATED EDIT: we decided to just completely default flip supertalk and supercontrol as the 'option' solution was problematic].

2. superstats on supertalk home now appearing [but only when logged out]...seems the link to 'more options' not working on safari. we'll bump up the option to view more than 20 soon]

3. a lot of the other functional bugs are slowly but surely getting sorted out... [iF ANYONE WANTS TO SUMMARIZE CURRENT OUTSTANDING FUNCTIONAL BUGZ or MISSING FUNCTIONS PLEASE go ahead...this will be a big help.]

4. still lots of minor design tweaks that we need to do... but priority has been on the functional probs first.

5. will take another look at usability issues once all of above is sorted.

6. we're starting up new user registrations again this week.

btw-- yes we had a fully functioning vbulletin 4.0 dummy up and running and at least 10 supertalk users had access to it for 6 weeks for testing and things were basically working fine... however when we actually switched the servers many functions behaved completely differently. a lot of the issues seem to be caused by problems with the permissions - which have been a bitch to sort out.

in addition-- re linking supertalk with supernews and supertravel... this is precisely the reason we needed to make 4.0... once we get a chance you will start seeing much more integration between supertalk and the rest of the website. we want supertalk users commenting/adding content to maps etcetc etc... and now we have it all set up to do so...

yup. things looking up. happy holidayz. wayne

i fully appreciate how difficult this stuff is. in high school i used to admin public forums of corporations for some extra pocket money, and its an understatement to say that vb is a buggy fuckup of a program that looks like utter shit unless ages are spent modifying it. most vb skins look so horrible that it amazes me somebody actually made them.

v3 looked better than pretty much every other forum (a perk of being a design-related site i guess) and v4 still looks fairly good in comparison to most to be honest.

im still not a fan of the dots and the sidebar (it makes browsing on a phone very difficult) but i can get used to the new design. what really amazed me was that things didn't work that work when you just setup a default vb forum.

what really amazes me is that the functionality was completely broken. surely you guys were able to set up a dummy v4 forum and test it to realise that editing a post deleted it? surely you could have realised that changing from supertalk.superfuture.com/~ to superfuture.com/supertalk/~ would cause problems unless something was done about that? by the way, many links (for example "most recent post" when looking at a profile) still point to the old addresses.

basic functionality problems like that just made everything seem rushed.

i'm not trying to get v3 back, i see that you guys have bigger plans in trying to make the main page and supertalk a combined experience. i'm just trying to explain what the users saw.

by the way, since supertalk already exists, wouldn't it make sense if we could comment on supernews and supertravel articles? that would really enhance the user-driven thing.

Guest Goose25

the superflipper beta is now running as you will have noticed. I have set server to ask your browsers to revalidate the stylesheets but if you do have issues with supertalk being flipped out rather than just flipped refresh your cache by clearing it first then reloading.