++++

OLD [Official Bug Thread]..Bugged Out..

Opening subscripted threads is working when you first click on "view all subscribed threads'

my subscribed threads do not work either from main page of supercontrol, i just thought the future was partially down.

I have 91 super messages for some reason and I know I only have 3 "regular" messages. Are they two different things? how do I check my super messages mailbox?

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but...

when I send a private message it takes me to my Inbox page but doesn't give me any options to navigate out....really stupid

Also, I can't check my 'Sent' messages...there's a drop-down menu for them, but when clicked it just reloads my Inbox

Please fix.

Guest Goose25

Thanks to all of you for your patience. Also on this website are 5,000 reviews, a shop and a news section that goes back to 2001 so there is a lot of territory to cover on the launch and weeks that follow.

Today I have been able to update sections for IE users where they were having issues (pm's, subscriptions, search menus etc) plus updated search system for the same old search you used to love.

There's more to do and this issue of disappearing threads is a concern. It doesn't look like they are being deleted, but their visibility is being turned off.

Hang in there and we will be bug-fixing each day.

The Fullcount x BiG contest thread has vanished into thin air :mad:

please fix it!

Thoroughly testing it in the background before releasing it to the public and receiving endless praise for a fantastic job, rather than a slew of criticisms about how badly done this really is.

It doesn't matter how complex or hard it may be to code for everything, it's the fact that quite a bit of fuctionality has been lost in the upgrade. And it's not even minor functions that nobody uses, things like editing posts are a must for most people. Then there was things like the whole affair about IE7 not working with the site. Things like that should have been tested before and any minor bugs (that few notice) pop-up after released should be fixed in due time.

Saying that just makes it sound like an excuse for putting out an incomplete, untested upgrade.

Yeah this is not even worthy of beta testing. This is alpha shit.

I'd have very much preferred to wait longer for 4.0, and be absolutely WOWed when I visit the site one day, then to see you guys go through this prolonged birth with accompanying placenta and shit. Even when you get 4.0 working, there's no WOW factor left. Just wrinkled pink thing covered in placenta.

Well all up it's a learning experience. There are processes for rollouts.

please fix the missing /supertalk/ from userCP thread subscription URL's............. please. I haven't come to sufu in days cause it's so much work to look in a thread. :(

when is /supertalk/ going to be added back to the User CP thread subscriptions? :( I literally haven't read sufu in days cause it's too much work to simply read a subscribed thread.......... since the URL's all don't work... you either have to click the thread, then once you're in it, try to find which page you left off. or... you have to manually add /supertalk/ to the url. this isn't a minor issue imo... :(

this has probably already been posted buy my last post disappeared :(.

I edited it, that might have something to do with it

Guest Goose25

To continue the fixes when you find a problem please do the following:

• post the browser type + version and your PC type (mac, PC, linux)
  • what options you chose when posting/editing/deleting
  • whether you have toolbars enabled in your browser

The thread issue is resolvable because the threads are not deleted, their visibility is set to hide by some browsers (not all) so please post here the following:

• what options did you choose when editing?

BTW: There will be no reverting, we're moving forward one step at a time so continue rioting as much as you want :cool:

You could at least try something that isn't set up like an overly complex 12 year old webpage.

You may as well have frames, at least it'd feel like less space is wasted.

this is fucking ridiculous, make the fucking links in "supercontrol" for the threads work ffs.

the whole layout sucks, at least you could make the forum work. just bring 3.0 back and if you think about doing a redesign ever again hire someone that actually knows what he's doing. great way to fuck an otherwise great forum, i can't even stand being here now.

Thanks to all of you for your patience. Also on this website are 5,000 reviews, a shop and a news section that goes back to 2001 so there is a lot of territory to cover on the launch and weeks that follow.

Today I have been able to update sections for IE users where they were having issues (pm's, subscriptions, search menus etc) plus updated search system for the same old search you used to love.

There's more to do and this issue of disappearing threads is a concern. It doesn't look like they are being deleted, but their visibility is being turned off.

Hang in there and we will be bug-fixing each day.

so, you had 2 years and yet this shit has all these bugs? i honestly hope that you plan on doing more than fixing lines of codes and do a redesign of this shit because it fucking sucks.

bugs i have experienced and i have spent about 30minutes total on sufu since it went 4.0:

1. i can't access threads through supercontrols.

2. most of my posts don't even go live for whatever reason it is

3. if i try to edit a post it gets deleted

i can't even stand being here now this is fucking ridiculous,what a lousy job you did here. bring 3.0 back this just doesn't work

To continue the fixes when you find a problem please do the following:
  • post the browser type + version and your PC type (mac, PC, linux)
  • what options you chose when posting/editing/deleting
  • whether you have toolbars enabled in your browser

The thread issue is resolvable because the threads are not deleted, their visibility is set to hide by some browsers (not all) so please post here the following:

• what options did you choose when editing?

BTW: There will be no reverting, we're moving forward one step at a time so continue rioting as much as you want :cool:

This is a classic example of not enough testing. I couldn't even see the bulleted items until I hit "reply with quote."

I am using Firefox 3.0.4, Windows XP SP2 (not too uncommon a setup, I wouldn't think.)

I chose "edit post", edited it and hit submit, same as always. Usually I add or edit the reason for editing. The post vanishes. This has happened a few times; I no longer am editing posts (or using the site much at all, as it is too frustrating.)

I am using Google toolbar.

I won't bother rioting, but this has to be killing your traffic. This is the most botched "upgrade" I've ever seen - and I don't even hate the dots.

When giving someone rep.

Same thing as the quick reply box.

Shit loads of empty space on the right side of the box for no good reason. Totally pointless.

I would like to add that while I understand the change of url's for integration of the new 4.0 site…this is going to fuck up the google index like crazy. I can see it now, all those broken links, leading to nowhere…and then google pruning all those beautiful links to Sufu…

It's like starting all over…

^ also, broken links in encyclopaedia/forum indexes + any editing causes posts to vanish = useless and unfixable index threads.

superdenim and superfashion cry out in anguish

1. Unable to delete PMs from the list by checking the boxes and selecting Delete from the dropdown at the bottom of the page

2. Unable to access Sent Messages folder from the folders dropdown

3. Unable to dropdown supermessages folders from the sidebar

Firefox 3.0.4

Mac OS X 10.5.5

While this isn't top priority, can we have the favicon back? sufufavicon.jpg

When posting, it used to be that when you italicized/bold/etc a word it would be italicized/bold/etc in the text box, now you only see the tags. This is rather minor.

I think this wastated before, but bullets don't preview .

Some graphical issues

Here are screens of v3.0 and v3.9, respectively:

oldcellsizes.png

v3.0

newcellsizes.png

v3.9

• The cell size for "last post" is now too large
  • The text under the 'last post' cell look better justified left or center
  • The 'replies' and 'views' cells look better with the text justified center
  • Long titles don't skip to the next line, they get cut off
  • The 'go to first new post' arrow was better in front of the title--not after it.
  • the teal concentric square (sticky icon?) looks better in front of the title and in front of the 'go to first new post' icon
  • The second cell used to have a default of 'no icon', now the default is a 'post icon'. I think the default should go back to 'no icon'.
  • I think the page navigation looks better on the right side, but it's fine where it is now

When posting, it used to be that when you italicized/bold/etc a word it would be italicized/bold/etc in the text box, now you only see the tags. This is rather minor.

I think this wastated before, but list/bullets don't work .

Some graphical issues

oldcellsizes.png

v3.0

newcellsizes.png

v3.9

*The cell size for "last post" is now too large

*The text under the 'last post' cell should be justified left or center

*The 'replies' and 'views' cells should be with the text justified center

*Long titles don't skip to the next line, they get cut off

*The 'go to first new post' arrow should be in front of the title

*The teal concentric square (sticky icon?) should be in front of the title and in front of the 'go to first new post' icon

*The second cell used to have a default of 'no icon', now the default is a 'post icon'. The default should be 'no icon'. Trivial

*I think the page navigation looks better on the right side, but it's fine where it is now

I think this was stated before, but list/bullets don't work .

Some graphical issues

oldcellsizes.png

v3.0

newcellsizes.png

v3.9

*The cell size for "last post" is now too large

*The text under the 'last post' cell should be justified left or center

*The 'replies' and 'views' cells should be with the text justified center

*Long titles don't skip to the next line, they get cut off

*The 'go to first new post' arrow should be in front of the title

*The teal concentric square (sticky icon?) should be in front of the title and in front of the 'go to first new post' icon

*The second cell used to have a default of 'no icon', now the default is a 'post icon'. The default should be 'no icon'. Trivial

*I think the page navigation looks better on the right side, but it's fine where it is now

Some graphical issues

v3.9

Nice, this makes me realize the extent of v3.9's problems.