++++

OLD [Official Bug Thread]..Bugged Out..

one of mine disappeared for no reason.

happened to me now.

4.0 ftl

can someone with ftp access please chmod the folder that user's custom avatars are uploaded in to 777 so that they can work? i think that will fix it?

here's a bug, all the threads are blank and there are no images. CANT SEE NOTHIN

Same. No idea whats goin on :confused:

OOOPS.

DELETED THE THREADBIT TEMPLATE TRYING TO EDIT THIS MOTHERFUCKER.

MIGHT HAVE TO WAIT TILL TOMMOROW TO GET IT OFF A BACKUP.

Same. No idea whats goin on :confused:

here's a bug, all the threads are blank and there are no images. CANT SEE NOTHIN

i'm getting this as well.

this is spiraling out of control at a ridiculous pace.

OOOPS.

DELETED THE THREADBIT TEMPLATE TRYING TO EDIT THIS MOTHERFUCKER.

MIGHT HAVE TO WAIT TILL TOMMOROW TO GET IT OFF A BACKUP.

argh-Picard.jpg

Guest winq

this is the website that took 4 years to rebuild!

. exacttly how i feel right now .... uuurk. come back tommow. get some sleep.

argh-Picard.jpg

lol. miracles happen.

goose25 is asleep... he is working on supertalk fixes today his time. he has barely had a chance to to touch it yet...since there are other firestorms to contain... but its all getting sorted. i'm not touching anything anymore... as i shouldn't be touching it anyway... [though i am quite proud of fixing that thread issue i just caused. that was kind of terrifying actually..; -.]

Trying to get to threads from my subscribed list is being janky :( Blank paged.

one of the problems is that when we finally uploaded the live data, the vbulletin messageboard reset a lot of settings back to defaults...

therefore page numbers were set to 'show only last 7 days' ...

these have now been changed to show 'all'

++++

also images were default 'show 4' now have been set to 'show 10'

shitloads of other stuff like this to clean up.

the reason it has taken so long and is so difficult to edit is that the vbulletin code is INCREDIBLY massive and complicated... the software itself is amazing... but to edit the skin is a nightmare.

in fact i will post a chunk of code to show you...

to move a pixel can take hours...

cool that the page numbers are back. now you gotta move the "last post" thing a bit to the right

getting there though

'locked thread/posted in this thread' icon mixup.

FIXED

- after sending a private message, the private message page fills up the whole screen. theres no way to navigate anywhere else, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to use the forum jump dropdown

actually NO.

i just tried it... and the code for the post template [that's just the one which controls the rectangle with avatar and post] was over 13000 characters long.. and the limit of posts is 10000 characters.

trying to even locate the code which controls the dotted lines can take 20 minutes. then you have to cross reference the css in the style sheet.

if anyone is a css pro for vbulletin raise your hand NOW... because everyone else who we have tried to get us to help on this has run the other way once they saw how insane this is.

anyway... it will all be done. these fixes are really the 2% of the 98% that has already been completed.

-

in fact i will post a chunk of code to show you...

to move a pixel can take hours...

Not to be unsympathetic, but this seems to be just another reason you shouldn't have tried to make such drastic changes to the board.

actually NO.

i just tried it... and the code for the post template [that's just the one which controls the rectangle with avatar and post] was over 13000 characters long.. and the limit of posts is 10000 characters.

trying to even locate the code which controls the dotted lines can take 20 minutes. then you have to cross reference the css in the style sheet.

if anyone is a css pro for vbulletin raise your hand NOW... because everyone else who we have tried to get us to help on this has run the other way once they saw how insane this is.

anyway... it will all be done. these fixes are really the 2% of the 98% that has already been completed.

-

no i actually don't think its drastic... functionally challenged this week yes. there's a lot more changes and improvements to come... supertalk has always been a work in progress anyway... besides... what better way to get endless user feedback than launching with a few bugs?

Not to be unsympathetic, but this seems to be just another reason you shouldn't have tried to make such drastic changes to the board.

no i actually don't think its drastic... functionally challenged this week yes. there's a lot more changes and improvements to come... supertalk has always been a work in progress anyway... besides... what better way to get endless user feedback than launching with a few bugs?

oh god ...

Can't you guys keep the old site around while ironing out 70% of the current issues? What's the rush?

why the fuck don't subscribed thread links work anymore?

they were working last night...

god this is fucking annoying.

COULD YOU PLEASE REVERT BACK TO V3.0!?

THEN GET YOURSELF A MIRROR COPY OF THE SITE AND DO SIGNIFICANT BACK TESTING IN A TEST ENVIRONMENT.

This is really unacceptable. As an advertiser, I'd be pissed if my ad-dollars were getting wasted on this mess.

why the fuck don't subscribed thread links work anymore?

they were working last night...

god this is fucking annoying.

COULD YOU PLEASE REVERT BACK TO V3.0!?

THEN GET YOURSELF A MIRROR COPY OF THE SITE AND DO SIGNIFICANT BACK TESTING IN A TEST ENVIRONMENT.

This is really unacceptable. As an advertiser, I'd be pissed if my ad-dollars were getting wasted on this mess.

They only refer to superfuture.com/showblahblah rather than superfuture.com/supertalk/showblahblah

besides... what better way to get endless user feedback than launching with a few bugs?

Thoroughly testing it in the background before releasing it to the public and receiving endless praise for a fantastic job, rather than a slew of criticisms about how badly done this really is.

It doesn't matter how complex or hard it may be to code for everything, it's the fact that quite a bit of fuctionality has been lost in the upgrade. And it's not even minor functions that nobody uses, things like editing posts are a must for most people. Then there was things like the whole affair about IE7 not working with the site. Things like that should have been tested before and any minor bugs (that few notice) pop-up after released should be fixed in due time.

Saying that just makes it sound like an excuse for putting out an incomplete, untested upgrade.