++++

OLD [Official Bug Thread]..Bugged Out..

As I just registered I had the same problem too, and as profmonnitoff said, it is the default and you can change it in supercontrol/supersettings/edit options/ thread display mode.

As I just registered I had the same problem too, and as profmonnitoff said, it is the default and you can change it in supercontrol/supersettings/edit options/ thread display mode.

yes! this worked. thank you very much,

When you're searching through posts, you can't see which forum something was posted in, unless you squint like mad, and even then, you can barely make out shit like supertrash, or even where the letters are.

You have to highlight or hover your cursor over to see with ease.

supertrashcw6.jpg

I still think being able to access your PM box WITHOUT having to go through your control panel would be a lot better. Have it in both the control panel and on the supertalk sidebar when you're browsing the main website.

I have been getting this pop up over the past few days when browsing sufu

been pressing cancel and nothing happens

anything you know about? just curious

Picture1-1.png

Guest Goose25

Yep, someones signature is pulling in an image from cmxhost - how rude!

I can only browse with internet explorer at work...and any page with a youtube video embedded in it is unviewable. Some weird error message comes up and the thread won't display.

also, this may have been mentioned before and has been a problem ever since the switch (at least on IE) but the lines on the rep page are off--names don't like up with the rep message, etc.

Pretty sure this works fine on Firefox at home though.

dont know if it has been mentioned here before, but I cant change my email in settings, gives me a logged out screen

apologies for the double post, this belongs in this thread:

the search function not only posts threads from all sections, it doesn't work period. "dior" comes up with only 91 results, none of which are newer than 6 days old, and there are literally a ton of them on the supermarket. The only real way to look at stuff on the supermarket is to literally scroll through the pages. Argh. Also you can't look up words less than 4 letters. "UMC" comes up with nothing for example.

Not sure if these have been mentioned but here are a few:

1. I use IE 6 at work and I have to manually hit the refresh button in order for the threads in a category (ie. Superdenim) to update. Plus, once I'm in the thread, I have to hit refresh again to get the thread to update.

2. Also, anyone else notice that Supermarket is SLOW to load with IE?

3. Why is there this giant empty white space whenever a category or thread is open using IE? I have to scroll halfway down the page just to see the first message of a thread.

i have the same problem as point 3 too. cant seem to view the site properly, tried 3 different browsers. same problem

Not sure if these have been mentioned but here are a few:

1. I use IE 6 at work and I have to manually hit the refresh button in order for the threads in a category (ie. Superdenim) to update. Plus, once I'm in the thread, I have to hit refresh again to get the thread to update.

2. Also, anyone else notice that Supermarket is SLOW to load with IE?

3. Why is there this giant empty white space whenever a category or thread is open using IE? I have to scroll halfway down the page just to see the first message of a thread.

^same problem as all of these things above.

admin:

are you guys still working on this, or is this just how things are going to be?

I'm not sure if this is a bug but every post displays in reverse order for me (the newest post is the first post is on page #1) any help fixing this would be appreciated.

The search forum function has gone sucky.

I try to search something in supermarket using the search forum function because it be quicker than going through an advanced search.

It searches every forum on the board. When I'm trying to look for something in supermarket, I don't give a fuck about what is being shown in the other forums.

Edit: In fact, every search does this. Regardless of it being an advanced search or searching a forum.

Also, searching used to work with three characters, like Raf and Jil. It doesn't work anymore and its like any other generic forum search which only allows 4 chars as a minimum.

Searching sucks balls atm.

Guest Goose25

hi all, we have spent some time developing some other sections of the site that will soon be public so supertalk has taken a backseat for a little while.

The search index will be rebuilt 20/2/09 as it has not been rebuilt for a little while - the search server load is governed by this indexing process and once down will incorporate content better.

More tweaks and bugfixes are scheduled for the coming weeks so we should nail alot of these very soon.

Over the past couple of days I haven't been receiving email notifications when I get PM's.

The search forum function has gone sucky.

I try to search something in supermarket using the search forum function because it be quicker than going through an advanced search.

It searches every forum on the board. When I'm trying to look for something in supermarket, I don't give a fuck about what is being shown in the other forums.

Edit: In fact, every search does this. Regardless of it being an advanced search or searching a forum.

Also, searching used to work with three characters, like Raf and Jil. It doesn't work anymore and its like any other generic forum search which only allows 4 chars as a minimum.

Searching sucks balls atm.

yeah wtf is up with the searching? the search gives you result from every dam forum instead of just the one you are on

I'm not sure if this is a bug but every post displays in reverse order for me (the newest post is the first post is on page #1) any help fixing this would be appreciated.

Anyone? Reading this way is truly annoying.

Anyone? Reading this way is truly annoying.

log out, clear your cookies, delete temporary internet files, etc.

sometimes when i edit a post, the "save" button gets replaced by "vote now"

log out, clear your cookies, delete temporary internet files, etc.

sometimes when i edit a post, the "save" button gets replaced by "vote now"

thanks for the advice, but sorry it didn't work. Any other advice?

supercontrol -> supersettings -> edit options -> change "

thread display Mode" from "linear - newest first" to "linear - oldest first"

Guest Goose25

yep, we're still working on it, big long bugs list in our collabtive (http://collabtive.o-dyn.de/) system.

we've also been working on supernews and supertravel at the same time and imported nearly 100,000 pre-2008 tags from the older superfuture reviews to build a comprehensive tag and products search.

supertalk search still shitty, database rebuild didn't have desired effect so reviewing. will notify when back.

good news is PC testing underway as well on a wider range of browsers now Boot camp is setup. Before we were running Virtual PC on a PC to give access to older browsers. glad those days are passed.

please fix the search. I dont want to see only supermarket threads when i'm searching for something in supershopper. thanks

Guest Goose25

supersearch has been refined:

* search results : alot

* individual forums searchable with no ouside forum content appearing

individual thread searching being refined as well

This is more of a general comment than a bug, but....

i just gave 4 blocks of rep

soon people will be able to fill or remove someone's bar with a single rep

Is it possible to scale the rep bars so that whoever has the most rep is the standard (full bar) and every one else is just relative to that? Since every one's "rep power" is much stronger than it used to be, pretty much everyone has a full bar in no time. I guess it doesn't really matter, but it used to be a right of passage.

The new IE seems to respond differently (again) to CSS/HMTL: When browsing supertalk in Internet Explorer 8, only the first (two) letters of every thread title are visible.

I'm starting to think that CSS/HTML coders have the shittiest job on the planet.