iloveredstripe

Ande Whall Denim

anyone ever come across another ande wearer in person? in like 6+ years i have only once seen someone else wearing some, and one time someone passed by me, noticed mine, and said they had three pairs.

I was waiting in line at a Cabelas in Post Falls, Idaho and a guy noticed mine. He had a pair of the cone mills. I was wearing Andes old Miner cut.

days after getting the front of the crotch repaired, the back started to go. instead of waiting another month for them to get back from a repair shop, i took them to my mom to see what she could do.

not bad at all

[top = mom, bottom = railcar]

IMAG0123.jpg

andewhallcaribou1.jpg

andewhallcaribou2.jpg

Edited by Rob060

Any news on the next special roll... need something to feed my addiction.

needed another wash

andewhallcaribou2.jpg

andewhallcaribou1.jpg

Edited by Rob060

Sorry Rob, hit the red by mistake on my iPhone. Someone press green and rectify this.

Jeans are looking good.

My Cougars, worn roughly 1.5 to 2 years mostly at my desk job. 1 initial soak, 0 washes. Photo taken in direct sunlight.

5cahk5.jpg

2uzv49x.jpg

Edited by tredd626

Surely SR12 time can't be too far off...

I'd like to add some Ande Whall's to my collection at some point down the road, particularly a SR pair.

I'll say the arcs have grown me, and I really like the bartack on the back pockets.

anyone ever come across another ande wearer in person? in like 6+ years i have only once seen someone else wearing some, and one time someone passed by me, noticed mine, and said they had three pairs.

i met up with Ande last year for a beer and he wasnt even wearing them

but there are quite often 2 people in my house wearing them,, does that count?

What was he wearing? Not his Speedos again!

tempted to get a pair of the 14.5oz black model. wish there were more fit/evo pics around.

Sheesh tg76 it was hot that day huh, we had to stay until closing time to quench the thirst. I had a fair few pairs of stubbies growing up, luckily I missed out on the speedo's :)

My Caribous from 2013 are pretty wrecked at this point, the crotch is well gone. They were too small for me from the beginning.

Not sure what to get now, I was thinking 34 Mustangs, now I'm thinking 34 Caribous. I like mine now but they're a bit too restrictive of movement still, I never want to run in them or I think the crotch is gonna tear completely open lol. Anyone wanna weigh in with an opinion? Note how much my size 32 Caribous have stretched from the original measurements...

ghVynIq.jpg

Depends what you want in terms of thigh, rise, etc and where the pinch points are. It sounds like the looser cut of the Caribou may be preferable to the slimmer Mustang but do you need to go to a 34? Would a 33 Caribou be OK? Equally, the 34 Mustang isn't that different from the 32 Caribou with the obvious exception of the waist.

Depends what you want in terms of thigh, rise, etc and where the pinch points are. It sounds like the looser cut of the Caribou may be preferable to the slimmer Mustang but do you need to go to a 34? Would a 33 Caribou be OK? Equally, the 34 Mustang isn't that different from the 32 Caribou with the obvious exception of the waist.

I broke two buttons and ended up putting the third button on further across to add extra width, so I don't think a 33 would do.

This thread is so quiet, are most of Ande's jeans being bought and worn by non-Sufu users nowadays?

My SR7s will be due for a wash soon before being put away for the summer, so I'll get some photos up then, they're coming along really well. They'll be handing over the baton to my SR10s, which are crying out for more wear.

Fellow Sufuers, looks like Ande is on the brink of going out of business right now, things have been going a bit slow for him. Don't let this potential tragedy happen. He's having a sale on all black jeans right now - just $200! Please have a look at his site and if you're thinking about buying jeans or a denim jacket at the moment, please consider Ande's great products.

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com

Fellow Sufuers, looks like Ande is on the brink of going out of business right now, things have been going a bit slow for him. Don't let this potential tragedy happen. He's having a sale on all black jeans right now - just $200! Please have a look at his site and if you're thinking about buying jeans or a denim jacket at the moment, please consider Ande's great products.

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com

oh no : ( : (

does the black denim fade?

I believe so, have a look in the product descriptions. I don't have any yet but have been planning to get the solid blacks.

Just to throw in my support. I bought Ande's 21oz jeans when he had them going. Awesome denim and awesome jeans. Got Cobras and Ande's pattern is fantastic. If I thought I could slip another new pair of jeans past the boss (wife) I'd be ordering some new AWs for sure.

Those 21oz jackets would be great too. The denim is a soft but feels heavy. Very unique denim.

I have the Black Denim with white weft.

They do fade. Mine are coming along nicely. Slow faders but some nice action on the pockets and thighs.

Higher recommend them.

The fabric has a sturdy weight an soft hand.

I'm wearing the SR#8 today and was in the Standard Roll yesterday.

Get some Ande's People.

Standard Roll Fades:

mSYtnie.jpg

Got these Caribou in the post today, and I can attest to the quality of the denim and construction. 

d2RfB6U.jpg

NsVvBQ2.jpg

jz7zGsa.jpg

ULmFL66.jpg

Now - To cuff, or to double cuff?

Andes stuff is great! I've got no money to buy something right now but I hope he doesn't get out of business!

I've done my bit just now and bought a 13oz Grizzly jacket.

Keep going Ande. Christchurch has had enough bad luck. I don't think it could stand to lose its homegrown indigo artist too. 

SR7s, 12-13 months wear in rotation with other pairs, approx 4-5 washes.

c808623e-537a-4949-a0fa-c86b097786dc.jpg

e9b7105a-11f4-4d81-9b32-7b305facfff6.jpg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

oh no! i have always admired ande's work. i really hope he doesn't go out of business. once i assembled enough fund i'm sure to cop a jeans or two. 

money is tight, but i'm finding a way to get more ande whall in my life. hard to imagine myself wearing anything else.