iloveredstripe

Ande Whall Denim

Well I've searched again but failed to remember or find how to post a picture and ran out of patience.  Could someone let me know please? Thanks.   

^ like this :P

CRW_0899.jpg

these haven't shown much wear yet considering their age, but now that i've started a new, more active, job that'll start to change.

Edited by Rob060

^ like this :P

CRW_0899.jpg

these haven't shown much wear yet considering their age, but now that i've started a new, more active job, that'll start to change.

Great fit! Are those the Caribou's?

^ Have a look approximately 18 posts above your own (on the same page) and I think you'll be able to answer your own question.

Great fit! Are those the Caribou's?

^ Have a look approximately 18 posts above your own (on the same page) and I think you'll be able to answer your own question.

Yes

an older pair of Ande's:

37077726.ccb772be.1024.jpg

37077718.8be54a0f.1024.jpg

37077728.4c4839b0.1024.jpg

37077720.c4e19069.1024.jpg
Edited by nietenhosen

picked this one up from a sufu member a couple of years ago.

it is cone, but I don't know if it is unsanforized. 

the cone denim ande used back in the day was awesome, though i never had a pair from back then myself. he used both unsan and sanforized denim at different points so it's hard to know what those would be unless you contacted the original owner. my first pair was from 2009/10 when he first started using okayama denim.

Edited by Rob060

This is my brothers pair right before a much needed wash.  Worn for around 14 months probably

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

Bump this ol thread..

Still loving the shit out of my SR8 Caribou's, might put some pics up shortly.

I've decided its time for a 2nd pair of Ande's, but not sure which way to go.  The cut will be Caribou again.

SR11 looks mighty tempting, amazing details and iv'e not owned LHT before.  But those 13.5 oz'ers seem like a must have staple kinda jean.  

Decisions..

PS; Jan yours are stunning.

Edited by Mild7

Mild, I'd get the SR11s, you probably won't see them again. You can always buy a pair of standard denim "Stande's" later on!

Thanks for the feedback Maynard.

As an SR7 owner, how does the AW Left Hand Twill evolve and feel once broken in? Not really sure what to expect.

Mild, they are fantastic, I posted my pair a few pages back. The vertical falling with the electric blue popping out reminds me of a subtle version of my old Eternals or Flat Heads. The left hand aspect is less obvious once they're worn in as there's no pronounced leg twist due to the fabric being sanforized. They really are that good I had to buy the SR11s as well as the SR7s. I'd still like to get some standard roll Buffalos but I'll need to unload some of my other jeans before I can do that.

Thanks again Martin.

Went with the SR11.

I'm tempted by those new solid blacks in the Buffalo cut. If the £ picks up against the $, they'll probably be my next splurge.

Hi Fellas, what's going down? Some good faders going on I see, great work!

Martin, what's up with your cricket team mate, haha, I have to get it as we are usually super shite at cricket. Not sure who will take the cup?

just thought i'd share a link to a few shots of my cobra's on a visit to TCB in Okayama the other day

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2015/03/22/8348

i repaired them just before getting on the plane but they're gonna need more attention when i get home, with a knee blowout imminent and a large seat rip developing fast. poor things....

Cricket Ande? I didn't think there was anything going on right now, we're just preparing for the Kiwi/Ozzie matches this summer. Seriously, we're complete pony. Almost every other country has moved on and plays an attacking game whereas England play cautiously and defensively. We have no real leader and too many players not good enough and lacking any conviction. Our bowling has been poor and the batting dreadful. Strangely I have hope for the summer though. As for more immediate matters, I hope the Blackcaps win it, they've been great and can be the holders of 2 world cups, until October!

sent my caribous in to railcar for some darning. so nice to have them back again.

pretty cool

andes2.jpg

andes1.jpg

Ande may have been too modest to post his SR7s and Grizzly in his own thread so I'll x-post them from the Evo thread.

All rep can be directed to his post a few above this.

Hey fellas. Forgot to take good details of the time etc on these jeans, I am guessing 9-10 months and about 6-7 washes.

P1040406.jpgP1040410.jpgP1040409.jpgP1040413.jpg

Me again duuuudes. The Grizzly I have been wearing for 2 and half years, 11 washes in total. I try and wear it as much as possible, it's been a hot summer so didn't see much action in the last few months though.

P1040416.jpgP1040422.jpg

Hey Ande, love your artworks on your site. You should get some of these pics on your leather patches.

Anyone with the Grizzly jacket post up some pictures? How do you find it to be in the summer months?

Look at Ande's own jacket a couple of posts up ^

anyone ever come across another ande wearer in person? in like 6+ years i have only once seen someone else wearing some, and one time someone passed by me, noticed mine, and said they had three pairs.

Edited by Rob060

I have 3 pairs but it wasn't me! I've never met or seen anyone else wearing a pair but it'd be a good talking point if I did.

A heads up - Ande is selling some solid black Mustangs only for 20% off - $212! If only they were Buffalos...

http://www.andewhall.com/product/mustang-solid-black-sale

Does anyone know why Ande hasn't expanded his jeans business to other retailers or to Japan?

^^ Damn you Maynard, posting stuff like this the day after I've begun contemplating a black pair.