Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Well shit. First second to top button broke after overzealous attempts to button left some damage, which is no biggie. But just then I put them on as normal, as I have been since I got them and then bent over a little and the top button popped. No previous damage. So I guess these are out of commission till replacements come.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah guess I overdid it :( unfortunately they fit exactly how I want apart from the waist. ah well, ande sent like 7 replacement buttons prepunched, wrapped up inside an offcut of denim! hopefully I can get them on straight and strong.

• 4 weeks later...

Think I may have to get a pair of those...

I'll mail Ande on the specifics of this denim but in general what's the shrink/stretch factor like on Ande's jeans, particularly on waist, thigh and inseam? I don't have much experience with sanforized denim.

minimal on the shrink, half an inch in the waist & length perhaps. i always get an inch stretch in the waist with sanforized without trouble - so i always buy so it measures an inch less than where i want to be post stretch. so if i measure a 32, i buy something that measures a 31. that's my method at least and has never failed me. will be snug at first but sanforized always should be.

thinking about selling my cougars from the next run after those ones^^

they were the first ones that he made with japanese denim from okayama, i think. 14.5oz somewhat streaky denim with orange selvage line, chambray pocket bags, linen patch and silver rivets. they were always an inch too small in the waist but i toughed it out for a while before getting some proper fitting caribous, post-earthquake, and they've sat hanging in my closet ever since. 

@maynard - have bought 4 pairs over the years and they've all been as promised. the denim between the various special rolls and regular line will behave differently once they hit the water but it's never been enough for me to go up a size in length.

I've talked this through with Ande and have ordered a pair of the SR7 - left hand twill and natural indigo. What a combination!

EDIT: Buffalos of course!

Thanks for all your help and input chaps.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Just received my SR7 Buffalos and I'm absolutely astonished on 2 fronts.

First, I ordered them on Wednesday night (UK time). Ande made them to order, posted them and I received them on Monday afternoon!

Second and most important, they are beautiful. The attention to detail and craftsmanship is amazing and the measurements are spot on with those on the site. This natural indigo left hand twill is a beautiful denim, which I think will age subtly. Finally, the patch is an absolute monster, thickest piece of leather I think I've ever seen on jeans!

I've been coveting Ande's jeans on the Interweb for quite a few years now but this is the first time I've taken the plunge. If anyone is on the fence about this brand, get off and buy a pair, I would definitely get some more in other denims, especially the SRs.

Anyone, enough waffle from me, I hope to start wearing these in the autumn .

• 2 weeks later...