Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

i got a nice little package from ande yesterday with some sample swatches of the denim he is using. VERY NICE stuff. there was another surprise in there which I'll keep under wraps for now. You guys are in for a surprise.

C'mon man, spill the beans!

i'm definitely going to get a pair of aw's, but i dont know which to get, hopefully someone here can help me. i've got a pair of 19cm and 21cm diors which im both happy with and i want to get something which fits similar to it.

my true waist is a 35, but i get a 34 (TW) in dior homme. should i get a 33 in AWs? it says in ande's site:

Waist stretching: Approx 1"-1.5".

(For 6 month+ non washers. This is minimal stretching and allows comfort to the snug first fit - the "top button undone for the first week or so" fit is not recommended)

when i soak it, will only the inseam/waist shrink or will it shrink in any other dimensions?

thanks guys

According to the DH thread, tagged 34s actually measure 36" around the waist. Based on that, I'd say ordering a 33 would be too small depending on what cut you get.

It will shrink in all dimensions, just more in the inseam and top block.

i got a nice little package from ande yesterday with some sample swatches of the denim he is using. VERY NICE stuff. there was another surprise in there which I'll keep under wraps for now. You guys are in for a surprise.

fuuuck, why did you have to mention that? i was looking at getting a pair of stf cougars and now i don't know whether to hold out.

Which model Whalls are you looking at?

The quote you posted from Ande specfically says not to undersize them. You might be able to do a 34 at most.

Will the thighs fit based on this measurement guide?

my true waist is a 35, but i get a 34 (TW) in dior homme. should i get a 33 in AWs? it says in ande's site:

Waist stretching: Approx 1"-1.5".

(For 6 month+ non washers. This is minimal stretching and allows comfort to the snug first fit - the "top button undone for the first week or so" fit is not recommended)

Poly I almost wrote a similar response but I think it really depends on the model and whether your legs will fit. I sized up one for my grifters to fit my largish thighs, and I think I could size down one on cougars as the thighs on those would easily fit.

DO NOT UNDERSlZE ANDE WHALLs. NOT VANITY SIZED

According to the DH thread, tagged 34s actually measure 36" around the waist. Based on that, I'd say ordering a 33 would be too small depending on what cut you get.

It will shrink in all dimensions, just more in the inseam and top block.

yes, i know that a 34 would measure up to a TW (true waist) of 36, but i bought a 32, which would make the TW a 34.

Which model Whalls are you looking at?

The quote you posted from Ande specfically says not to undersize them. You might be able to do a 34 at most.

Will the thighs fit based on this measurement guide?

i'm looking at the cougars. i'm 6'1, 170. the circumference of my thighs are (snug but not tight) 12.5/75 standing up.

wondering what the normal turnaround time (i know his site says 2-4 days for production + shipping) is for ande's jeans. placed an order over a week ago and haven't heard anything other than an order confirmation. don't want to write ande and bug him so...

Hi Mr. English, feel free to e-mail me...not buggin' at all. I have been busier than ever before and working eight days a week to get all the orders out as quickly as possible. So all you guys that have ordered recently sorry for the slooowness. There has never really been a wait list this long before, the black models were a chunk of work to get through too.