iloveredstripe

Ande Whall Denim

Im still here at ze beloved SuFu mixing with my denim brothers. I always kept trying to edit that thumbs up icon from the original thread, gave it a shot in the new site, but the whole thread seemed to Whodini, haha.

So let's get a new thread started. I liked the thumb, made it so easy to find the thread. :)

Ande make a new thread :]

Ill start it off right with pictures!

Almost at day 20.

Looking to buy a pair of grifters/rakers ASAP.

I bought APC new cures 32/34 which then stretched out to 34/34 which are leave some slack in the waist area.

What size do you denim wizards think I should purchase in either the soft indigo or dark(shrink to fit indigo.)

I was thinking a 32/34 in the soft and a 33/36 in the shrink to fit.

opinions?

Ande, when do you expect to release your chambray work shit? I like how the sample #1 condor looks too... prefer it without the contrast stitching.

Cosign!

The non-contrast looks fantastic.

Hey I'm looking to jump on those sanforized Rakers in the sale section. They are 31 in the waist and I am a true 32, I wear a 29 in New Cures for comparison. Do you think the Rakers would stretch too much?

Posting here just to let it be known that I'm looking for used Ande Whalls around the 28-31 size range. I know Ande has some on sale but only the Rakers seem to fit my specs and I'm not a big fan of the super skinny look.

edit - Got to love guys who abuse their rep powers and equate a completely innocent post as if they were given cancer. Simply amazing.

got my rakers in the mail today!!!...for the 2nd time. I ordered a size 31 originally and they were wayyyy too tight. Contemplated selling them, even had them listed in the market, but I decided instead to exchange them for a 32. Got the 32's today, so glad I decided to stick with the jeans because the 32's fit perfectly. I can't wait to wear these, thanks a lot Ande.

for anyone contemplating these jeans I would suggest considering to size up one.

Cosign on that, the V4 samples that Ande sent me are a size up from my true waist and they fit like a glove, definitely tighter than the old ones.

Nearing 2 years on my V3s...

Just got back from a semester abroad. Putting on my Cougar 001's again was like sliding into a soft blanket. I have missed them so.

looking for advice...i own dior 19cm in size 30 (sized down 2 from my true waist)

im almost sold on rakers for my next pair...2 questions...should i go with my (true) 32 waist or size down 1? ...and will these fit slimmer than my dior 19cm? (im looking for a slimmer fit)

any help is appreciated

ahh double post

do NOT size down. they are definitely slimmer than 19 cm's. I'd go true to size or even up one.

thanks, ive decided to go with the 32

here are my 32x36 rakers...still super tight and stiff. Might sleep in these to loosen them up a bit. My first pair of raw denim btw :cool:

for reference I wear a size 31 in levis jeans.

awhalls.jpg

Just got my rakers in the mail today, but I'm not allowed to open them until christmas! It sucks, I know. Can't wait to see the black denim.

Also, the worker/workers look pretty heavy duty!

I can't figure out what is going on with the Workers. They're extreme.

I've got a pair of 32x38 rakers, which are a work of art, but I'm considering switching it up with something black, depending how it all comes out.

Ande how do you feed those selvedge hungry Workers? That's ridiculous! I'm so horribly stingy when I cut the selvedge lines.

does this denim stretch much in the waist? say 2-3 inches after a couple weeks?

no................