Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

On 1/5/2020 at 12:46 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

I’ll post some update photos of my double black Buffalos once the light improves. They’re fading pretty quickly for the relatively infrequent wear they get. Once they go beyond a certain stage though I’ll probably say “f@*k it!” and wear them full time. They’ve got more leg time recently since I rediscovered my (black) Paraboots, as I’m enjoying the stealth look!

Please note - this is not my middle-aged attempt at Goth Ninja...

FIT PIC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

They look great @pudaspriest, it’s also good to see the non-standard features like the half-lined shovel pockets, felled inseams and crotch rivet. What weight is that denim?

13 oz denim in the Caribou cut per my original invoice. Added the fly rivet, shovel heads(which are half lined) and felled inseams. Amazing pair of jeans, wish he was still making them!

• 1 month later...

Hoy folks,

Just checking in with a note that I'm selling a much loved pair of 2012 AW Mustangs - 29x34.

Wore them well for about 12 months then went travelling and haven't worn them since.

Still a bit of life left in them, I reckon - see the Gumtree ad for details.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/pants-jeans/ande-whall-mustang-29x34/1257858733

I'll put this in here for now although it may deserve a thread of its own. The spirit of Ande lives on via Last & Loom. Hemi, a fellow Kiwi (to Ande, not me) acquired the patterns and used them as the basis for his new jeans, made in Japan - the 60T loose taper, with hidden rivets, chainstitched hem, all the usual bells and whistles, etc. They definitely look worth checking out.

Good to hear that @Maynard Friedman

Ande collaborated with Hemi before on some jeans - I just checked back and it was in 2012.  They made “21 pairs out of a beautiful 14.1oz Natural Indigo denim in the Mustang and Caribou models”.  I got a pair of Caribou’s and still have them for posterity sake.  Hemi told me it was a real honour as Ande had never worked with anyone before and it took him 2 years to persuade him.

They must have gotten on quite well.

I have 3 pair Last & Loom boot socks from when they went up on the IH Outlet a few years ago—they were comfortable at first, but didn’t hold up well at all

Probably totally different production facilities, but something to keep in mind

7 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I'll put this in here for now although it may deserve a thread of its own. The spirit of Ande lives on via Last & Loom. Hemi, a fellow Kiwi (to Ande, not me) acquired the patterns and used them as the basis for his new jeans, made in Japan - the 60T loose taper, with hidden rivets, chainstitched hem, all the usual bells and whistles, etc. They definitely look worth checking out.

These appear to be made in the factory run by the Pallet Life Story brand - So the quality will be spot on too. 

worth a look as Andes patterns were something quite special. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, thought I'd see if there was any interest here for a couple of pairs of Ande's jeans I'm moving on. We're moving house and I'm looking to free up some space and some pennies. Im keeping a coupe of pairs ad my wolf jacket but I have a pair of mustangs and a pair of cougar both 30 x 30 in the same denim as Ande made his jackets from. Can't remember the mill it came from I'm afraid but I'm sure somebody here will know? 
Pretty well worn but life in them yet. Give me a shout if these would be of interest to anyone? 

DSCF3448.JPG

On 11/2/2021 at 10:28 AM, The Clerk said:

Hi all, thought I'd see if there was any interest here for a couple of pairs of Ande's jeans I'm moving on. We're moving house and I'm looking to free up some space and some pennies. Im keeping a coupe of pairs ad my wolf jacket but I have a pair of mustangs and a pair of cougar both 30 x 30 in the same denim as Ande made his jackets from. Can't remember the mill it came from I'm afraid but I'm sure somebody here will know? 
Pretty well worn but life in them yet. Give me a shout if these would be of interest to anyone? 

DSCF3448.JPG

Links to the two pairs now up on ebay if anyone's interested...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154681356070

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154681383157

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Must be a couple or three years since I've worn my AW DenimHead, (SR12s), Caribous. I've been busting in a couple of pairs of IH-777S-14 in the meantime. However, I happened upon the AWs and thought.....why not? Still fit good. And whilst I was digging about the closet I happened upon a brand new pair of 15oz Caribous w/shovelhead back pockets. Win/win.

Apologies for crap photos. 

screenshot_03.jpg

screenshot_09.jpg

screenshot_10.jpg

screenshot_08.jpg

screenshot_07.jpg

screenshot_04.jpg

screenshot_05.jpg

screenshot_06.jpg

Edited by Tapori

• 6 months later...

i looked at them too but the measurements just don't compute to me in general.

the thigh is really under 10 inches? that can't be right! especially if the waist is closer to a 32 in real sizes?

also, it looks like it's his slimmest cut anyways, so even if they fit i'd pass - but good looking out!