Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nostalgic shots of my old Caribou 14.1 oz natural indigo from Ande's collaboration with Wakefield Hotel back in 2012. 

I'm keeping the Caribous. However the hardly worn Grizzly below is reluctantly up for grabs (on the usual trading venue) as I haven't and won't be able to put in the effort to get it to the stellar faded level of Ande's own (gratuitously below). It deserves a proper owner - any of the Sufu family interested, DM me and I'll sort something out. Also got some pre-quake Miners on there as they are just too big now. Apologies for the plugs but I enjoyed Ande's work and future progress pics on here would be the next best thing...

2018-03-04 14.40.08.jpg

2018-03-04 14.42.14.jpg

IMG-20180304-WA0027-1-1.jpg

2018-03-04 14.48.20.png

Edited by MJF9

• 2 weeks later...

Eh mate you can buy it off me if you like and then you'll be able to do what you want with my stuff :D!!

Joking aside, you make a good point and I'm 50:50. It's such a well made jacket with a great fit. I bought it in 2013 then went to live in the desert so it was never worn. I got back and have bought Mister Freedom and Samurai jackets so it's got stuck in a queue and it deserves some love!

Too big for me, otherwise I’d be tempted. Still, if you keep it long enough just think how cool it’ll be wearing that Grizzly on a motability scooter in Eastbourne -  a beautiful dark indigo in a sea of pale blue rinses!

Ha ha yes what an inspiring vision of retirement utopia in the south. Must work hard to avoid rocking the Grizzly in a zimmer frame on a deserted promenade in the austerity ravaged north!

Just about to reject an offer on Grailed... your pep talks are working :).

@Maynard Friedman so just as the vision of dark indigo in a sea of blue rinses was bringing me round to the idea of keeping the Grizzly (and whilst I was distracted faffing with my new boots), a bid comes in matching the asking price plus shipping and it was auto-sold!! Grailed efficiency meets novice seller. The blue rinses in New Jersey have something to look forward to now...

A bit of a spamming going on - forgive me, it's a lazy day inside whilst it alternates between snow, sleet and rain outside...

Pre-quake Miners from around 2010... IIRC Ande called these his premium Okayama denim with quirky features like rope lined belt loops and blue lassoo hem - very nice.

They are now on a flight to San Francisco... without me... farewell old friend, thanks for the memories!!! I'm now braced to receive some advice :P

IMG-20180304-WA0003-1.jpg

IMG-20180304-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180304-WA0002-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

CARIBOU 13OZ from his last run of jeans. Been rotating jeans a lot more this last year but this has been my main go to. Have worn these perhaps 6-7 months in total with 3 washes so far. Slow fading pair compared to what I am used to but they are starting to come along nicely now. 

IMG_20180530_143517.jpg

IMG_20180530_143537.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Update on my Mustangs. Up to now these have only had a soak and then a hand wash, however after a few camping trips and some rolling around bu the fire over the summer they are ready for an actual machine wash! Only a delicates wash on 30 but was still a little nervous. Before and after pics.

Oh and these are the same denim as Andi was making his jackets from

mustang front prewash.jpg

mustang back prewash.jpg

mustang front post wash.jpg

mustang back post wash.jpg

Thanks Maynard! Yes,  chainstitched the hem. I have a union special 43200g in the basement! Don't get much use for it these days as a few of the denim shops in London have them now, but back in the day I was I think the first to have one in the UK.

Here's the jacket

Whall jacket resize.jpg

Edited by The Clerk

Haha, you chainstitched a pair of my Edwin's years ago - for free - as part of your introductory offer to Sufu'ers and did a fine job indeed! I'd definitely use your service again if you were in London.