Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Sad news. The selvedge denim market has grown rapidly with great jeans offered at a wide range of price points. I imagine it's really tough to offer jeans at a competitive price and make a living as a one man brand.

Always loved what Ande has made. He seems like a really top bloke too. Ande Whall Denim Co will be missed.

Edited by mattofumi

Sad news. The selvedge denim market has grown rapidly with great jeans offered at a wide range of price points. I imagine it's really tough to offer jeans at a competitive price and make a living as a one man brand.

Always loved what Ande has made. He seems like a really top bloke too. Ande Whall Denim Co will be missed.

Could not agree more.  I own two pairs of Ande Whall jeans.  Both pairs look and feel great.  Sorry to see this brand go away.

This news is really bumming me out.  I discovered Ande through SuFu back in 2008 just as I was learning about raw denim.  I decided my first pair would be from Ande, so I placed an order (first batch of selvage grifters) and waited patiently for my package to arrive from NZ.  I was blown away by the quality and have been hooked ever since.

I've talked to Ande a few times over the years and he always seemed like a great dude.  Glad I got to experience his excellent work.

Kinda wish I had bought the black denim in a Cobra or Mustang fit a couple of weeks back when they were on sale. Maybe I can still swing it, but it really sucks that Ande is closing down. Was looking forward to owning a pair (or more) in the future!

No, I think that's gone. It'll be the new 13oz indigo and solid black only although I reckon he's so oversubscribed by existing customers wanting 'one last pair' and new customers suffering 'AW non-buyers remorse' that I believe he could get another 13.5oz roll and knock out a further 21 pairs.

Once I upgrade my phone I'll try to get some pics up, I have:

- SR7 (left hand twill) with about 2 years of wear

- SR10 (grey) with about 6 months of wear

- Solid black with only a month or so of wear

Plus

- SR11 (left hand twill) back-up pair on ice

- SR13 (stealth stitched natural indigo) on ice

I'm good for a while

normally i'm against Kickstarter denim brands, but I wonder if Ande could benefit from a Kickstarter page to boost sales and get more visibility? It's a bummer to hear he's gonna close up shop because Ande's jeans are one of the few pairs i've been meaning to check out as funds permit

normally i'm against Kickstarter denim brands, but I wonder if Ande could benefit from a Kickstarter page to boost sales and get more visibility? It's a bummer to hear he's gonna close up shop because Ande's jeans are one of the few pairs i've been meaning to check out as funds permit

His email states "After a lot of soul searching and deliberation I have decided to shut down the Ande Whall Denim...I feel it's time to move on. I had a great time learning all about clothing, pattern making and constructing the best jeans I possibly could..." I doubt a Kickstarter is going to help since he has decided to move on.

It'll be sad to see Ande go, he really was making some of the best-constructed jeans out there. Also loved his aesthetic with the mix of Lee and Levi influences, fat leather patches, and the striking contrasting threads.

It would be amazing to get one last pair, though that's looking impossible now. I never did quite dial in my perfect fit and size in his jeans, but at least I have a pair of mainline roll that's very wearable if a little big.

You know the answer to that b_F, just buy them, although you'll have to be sharp as I think they'll sell out just as quickly as the indigo denim.

I tend to keep mine for smarter wear as part of my winter rotation so they only have about a month's wear, I want to keep them dark rather than get wear on them too quickly.

I think you'll be lucky with customs charges too, so don't worry about that!

I am really bummed about Ande closing up shop too! I tried like hell to get a pair of the 13oz but they sold out in less than 20 minutes. There turned out to only be 6 pairs available. That all being said, Inwould pay top dollar for any iced pairs that are a size 33 (not black) in the caribou fit. Can anyone direct me on where to look for a pair? I can't tell if there is a classifieds forum here. Thanks!

I've got some SR6 Cobra's that don't fit me if anyone's interested. This is the 15oz model, with no pocket arcs. They are tagged a 30" with 30" leg but the waist measures 32". The thigh opening is 11" and the hem width is 6.75". They've been worn maybe 30 times?? PM me if interested.

Edited by okisan