Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

If the £ hadn't nosedived due to Brexit, I'd be tempted to get a pair with shovelhead pockets.

Just get some mate, and support Ande.

I just checked xe.com, post Brexit, the £ lost 4p against the $US, disregarding the sudden peaks and troughs, that's hardly a collapse.

At $US225 for the 15.3oz, and the 4p drop, that's £9.00 ish the difference. Or put another way a couple of pints or coffees.

Brexit is being over hyped, it's as if the skies have fallen in. When the UK joined the EEC

( pre EU ), us Kiwis thought the world had ended....reality was that it opened up other opportunities.

Brits might have a fresh think about the Commonwealth, and who their friends were 75 years ago......

The 15.3 oz's are awesome.

Bevan

• 2 weeks later...

5 Years of the Comeback Specials.

Still being worn occasionally - some preservation work required.

IrWQS4Tl.jpg

BDcPZO3l.jpg

Details:

YJ1AXNEl.jpg

4SBgOkKl.jpg

oAsgJELl.jpg

gOb7rcgl.jpg

Thanks

(Edit: not sure what imgur has done to these, but the chroma/colour is dumbed down from the originals)

Edited by UkeNo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well my pair arrived today. I'm really impressed with Ande's work. I was a tad apprehensive about the buffalo measurements for awhile because it seemed like a high rise Jean that had big thighs but tapered a bit aggressively down to the knee. This isn't the case however. I was picturing a Left Field greaser sort of cut, which I've owned and is too slim.

There is a surprising amount of room in the top block which is a welcome design for me. This is strange as well because the hip doesn't measure very wide. Most of the size chart measurements were spot on. This cut seems much roomier than measurements indicate overall and it seems to be one of the cases where measurements on paper don't tell the whole story. It may very well be the higher rise shifting everything lower a bit.

As I said it felt a bit roomy, but not at all a deal breaker, so I gave them a brief warm soak. They're drying now but I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days.

As I'm sure most of you know, all the details, construction, and hardware are killer. The black denim has a very smooth regular feel and isn't too starchy or stiff. No sulfur smell either. The denim feels to be a great year round weight at 13oz, but truth be told with winter coming I do hope the weave tightens up a bit now after hitting warm water. Ande told me this denim has a bit of shrink to it.

I might add, I've been on the hunt for the perfect polycore stitching and this may be it. Most cotton wrapped poly yarn still has a plastic look to me like on my iron hearts, but this one looks real good. May just be because it's tonal black, however.

Anyways, rant review over and I'll get some pictures up soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I feel so gutted for Ande, as far as I'm concerned he makes the best jeans full stop. I may have to add a 6th pair of Buffalos now, possibly the 13.5oz, which, like Mild7, I never got around to buying.

To anyone on the fence I urge you to buy a pair while you still can.

Best of luck in the future Ande, I hope it works out for you.