Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

^ That's right, just the SR12s to date, although I think Ande should definitely do another run using that pocket shape. Only he can answer that though...

Thanks for the info Maynard.

Well, hopefully Ande (if you're reading this), will reintroduce the shovel pockets. Even as a few samples in a heavier weight.......?? hint, hint... :wink:

Just saying.

Ande's selling his artwork too now: http://www.andewhallart.bigcartel.com

Better still though, he's releasing some 15.3oz indigos soon, which use the same denim as SR6. Seems they may even be a permanent addition rather than another SR: http://www.facebook.com/andewhalldenimco

Edited by Maynard Friedman

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to have to do this but I am selling a pair of  27x34, 21oz Cobra's(retail for $275). I wore them ~10 times. Soaked once. I've gained weight, so sadly they just don't fit. 

http://imgur.com/8eJOsLj

http://imgur.com/R0B5iuL

If you would like to purchase, just PM me. Selling for $175 or best offer.

Also willing to trade for some Mustangs similarly sized.

Edited by RawrImABear

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate that now Ande offers his jeans without the backpocket arcs! They've always been to me a total breaker. Now I might consider a pair!

I like the arcs. I initially didn't like them but they grew on me. they're definitely unique and is what separates his stuff from everyone else. it's cool that he's now offering the shovel head pockets as well

Gotta agree with Angus. The arcs definitely took some time getting used to but I like the look.

!! also I didn't realize the shovel heads were being offered that's awesome. Definitely a future buy. Also another double dang the SR15 were exactly the kind of black jeans I wanted some months ago. The right amount of black and the thread color I was looking for. 

I'm curious, why aren't there any denim retailers in the US carrying Ande's stuff? Perhaps Ande could answer this. Is it that it's cost prohibitive and not worthwhile, or simply because Ande is a one man operation?

There aren't any Ande retailers in the world full stop.

As a one man operation to create a wholesale pricepoint would mean effectively cutting his 'rates' in half. For a factory made line it's feasible, but when it comes down to one man and a pair of scissors... it's just not realistic to do that.

^^

Not entirely true. Ande did some jeans for Wakefield Hotel, a New Zealand denim shop, not too long ago. It was likely a small run and since ut was a NZ shop it probably made sense at the time.

But you are correct. With Ande being a one man operation it wouldn't be a good deal for him unless his jeans were being mass produced.

Anyone pick up the 15.3oz yet? Debating whether Or not to pick up a pair or wait for the next SR. I love all the different details he's done on those in the past.

Yep, mine arrived today:

57559ca52cb58a01190dd07162f5ebba.jpg

House 13.5 oz Mustangs, 2 1/2 years 2 soaks, 3 washes

15.3 oz Mustang, Raw

House 13.5 oz Caribou, unworn, one soak

751ff7a7aaa07c3bedb07967f0ed91fc.jpg

Bevan

Edited by shift14

Got a pair of the 13.5 oz Standies, SR12's & the 15.3 oz-ers, all in Caribou. Some of the best denim I've ever worn. Period.

I've had countless pairs of high-end denim from "cool" Japanese brands & sold most of them on. Most of them don't stand up to Ande's attention to detail and construction. Ande's customer service is nothing short of exemplary.

My AW's are my go-to denims.

Edited by Tapori

Shift, those 13.5's look great. I'm going to have to buy some buffalo's soon, hopefully he gets some more solid black in soon, or maybe I'll scoop the next SR.

Maynard or any other buffalo wearers, I've been put off on the cut for awhile because the rise seems pretty high, especially relative to knee/hem. Is it that noticeable IRL? the cut seems pretty similar to some of the latest Roy cuts.

Edited by SuperJackle

^ I suppose it depends on your physique and preferences. For me it's the perfect cut as I have big thighs and prefer a higher rise, although I probably sag my jeans a little. I have a number of 50s cuts from Warehouse, SDA, Sugar Cane, Full Count, Momotaro, etc which are similar to the Buffalos but with a slightly wider hem. It is the taper on my Ande's which makes the fit golden and puts them above the rest as far as I'm concerned, they have a sleeker, more modern feel than my repro cuts.

I wear a 32 in most brands and a 31 in my Buffalos so a 12" front rise and 8" hem is a good ratio in my book. I hope that helps.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

…………..It is the taper on my Ande's which makes the fit golden and puts them above the rest as far as I'm concerned, they have a sleeker, more modern feel than my repro cuts.

Way above the rest MF. I'm not prepared to spend good, hard-earned coin on a pair of denims that are going to cripple me. And I don't care about whiskers or combs. Also, if my denims need washed after a week, they get a wash. Wear 'em, enjoy 'em & don't believe the hype. Cheers.

Edited by Tapori

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Denim Heads, hope everything is good with you all. Most are probably lapping up the summer sun, sweeeeet.

I have been getting a lot of e-mails asking about the next Special Roll model. I have been thinking about it a bit lately. The new back pocket options are quite successful, they give the customer a choice to semi build a pair of jeans with their own style.

I was thinking instead of a set SR model, bringing in different pocket liner options, some cool off the shelf prints, like the western ones I have used before and some custom printed ones too. Also bringing in a different roll of denim every so often along with the 15.3oz and 13.5oz Indigo's (coming back soon). So it's kind of like build your own SR?

What do you guys/gals think? Let me know.

Bests Ande

i'm sure you guys saw this comment on Ande's FB page. What do you guys think? I'm torn because I I like the SR models due to their exclusivity, but I know they can be hit or miss for Ande, which is understandable. Offering additional options like shovel head pockets, pocket lining, etc., would give the customer the ability to customize their jeans, which I think is cool. My only question is, how would this alter the cost? I think a stitch color option would be cool too. Ande did an SR model way back when that had blue wing arc stitching on the back pockets, which I thought was a nice touch.

Edited by ColonelAngus

• 2 weeks later...