Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

I'd like to add some Ande Whall's to my collection at some point down the road, particularly a SR pair.

I'll say the arcs have grown me, and I really like the bartack on the back pockets.

anyone ever come across another ande wearer in person? in like 6+ years i have only once seen someone else wearing some, and one time someone passed by me, noticed mine, and said they had three pairs.

i met up with Ande last year for a beer and he wasnt even wearing them

but there are quite often 2 people in my house wearing them,, does that count?

Sheesh tg76 it was hot that day huh, we had to stay until closing time to quench the thirst. I had a fair few pairs of stubbies growing up, luckily I missed out on the speedo's :)

• 2 weeks later...

My Caribous from 2013 are pretty wrecked at this point, the crotch is well gone. They were too small for me from the beginning.

Not sure what to get now, I was thinking 34 Mustangs, now I'm thinking 34 Caribous. I like mine now but they're a bit too restrictive of movement still, I never want to run in them or I think the crotch is gonna tear completely open lol. Anyone wanna weigh in with an opinion? Note how much my size 32 Caribous have stretched from the original measurements...

ghVynIq.jpg

Depends what you want in terms of thigh, rise, etc and where the pinch points are. It sounds like the looser cut of the Caribou may be preferable to the slimmer Mustang but do you need to go to a 34? Would a 33 Caribou be OK? Equally, the 34 Mustang isn't that different from the 32 Caribou with the obvious exception of the waist.

Depends what you want in terms of thigh, rise, etc and where the pinch points are. It sounds like the looser cut of the Caribou may be preferable to the slimmer Mustang but do you need to go to a 34? Would a 33 Caribou be OK? Equally, the 34 Mustang isn't that different from the 32 Caribou with the obvious exception of the waist.

I broke two buttons and ended up putting the third button on further across to add extra width, so I don't think a 33 would do.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is so quiet, are most of Ande's jeans being bought and worn by non-Sufu users nowadays?

My SR7s will be due for a wash soon before being put away for the summer, so I'll get some photos up then, they're coming along really well. They'll be handing over the baton to my SR10s, which are crying out for more wear.

Fellow Sufuers, looks like Ande is on the brink of going out of business right now, things have been going a bit slow for him. Don't let this potential tragedy happen. He's having a sale on all black jeans right now - just $200! Please have a look at his site and if you're thinking about buying jeans or a denim jacket at the moment, please consider Ande's great products.

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com

Fellow Sufuers, looks like Ande is on the brink of going out of business right now, things have been going a bit slow for him. Don't let this potential tragedy happen. He's having a sale on all black jeans right now - just $200! Please have a look at his site and if you're thinking about buying jeans or a denim jacket at the moment, please consider Ande's great products.

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com

oh no : ( : (

does the black denim fade?

Just to throw in my support. I bought Ande's 21oz jeans when he had them going. Awesome denim and awesome jeans. Got Cobras and Ande's pattern is fantastic. If I thought I could slip another new pair of jeans past the boss (wife) I'd be ordering some new AWs for sure.

Those 21oz jackets would be great too. The denim is a soft but feels heavy. Very unique denim.

I have the Black Denim with white weft.

They do fade. Mine are coming along nicely. Slow faders but some nice action on the pockets and thighs.

Higher recommend them.

The fabric has a sturdy weight an soft hand.

I'm wearing the SR#8 today and was in the Standard Roll yesterday.

Get some Ande's People.

Standard Roll Fades:

mSYtnie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I received my solid black Buffalos today. The usual high construction standards apply of course and the denim is very impressive in a sleek, understated way. These will start life as smart-ish jeans for me in the autumn. Cheers Ande!

because im good at shopping, this happened

black1_zpsbxosnfmn.jpg

3 pairs of cobras... 2 indigo so me and him can be matchy matchy(10), 1 black so i can be super bogan

black2_zps2eoxcrxg.jpg

black3_zps3eqf9cn0.jpg

cheers Ande, will buy you a beer or 2 in January when im back down that way

• 3 weeks later...

heyheyhey the Caribous look great. I'm curious how you sized them? I.e., your true waist measurement vs the size of jeans.

I've been eyeing up the Caribous for a few months, but just not set on the size. I'm hoping for them to stretch out to around 34.5", so thinking a size 32 is my best bet...especially seeing how much in_limbo's stretched out.