Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Put in an order for a pair of the 21oz for myself and a friend a week and a half ago and yesterday had a very special delivery. I've been coveting a pair from Ande for about 2 years now and his workmanship does not disappoint. His replies to emails were super quick and friendly. Love the denim, really soft and easy to wear. It's my friends first foray into raw and going 21oz is taking a huge leap but I think I've found a convert. And I'm pretty sure this won't be my last purchase from Ande.

My SR8 Caribous are still getting most of my attention of late.  Just a superb cut for me.  Denim isnt showing any sign of wear after roughly 4 months of solid wear, but who cares.

Was keen to sample the 21oz denim of Ande's in the Caribou or Buffalo cut, but see this denim is already discontinued.  Damn.  I wasnt aware that this was a limited run, thought the 21oz was added to the staple range..

Perhaps the 'standard' denim will get the nod instead :)

Mild, in the description for the 21ozers it did state that they were a limited edition, although not a SR. It even mentioned when Ande was down to the last half roll! I think there's going to be a nice surprise for the next SR though, which will definitely be worth waiting for!

Meanwhile, I have a pair of SR10 Buffalo due to arrive any day now... looking forward to some grey jeans to mix it up a bit.

Received my SR10 Buffalos today - a beautiful pair of grey jeans. Never had grey before but have always fancied a pair as I'd like an occasional change from indigo and I'm not into black jeans (or chinos), so for me it's always a suit, jeans or shorts. Anyway, they're a really nice, light-mid weight 13oz grey denim with a white weft and a blue selvage ID. Once I give them a pre-wash, I'll get some photos up. Ande even included a spare rivet and fly buttons in the package - first rate service as usual. Oh, I almost forgot, they have great cowgirl print pocket bags!

If you're on the fence about grey jeans, jump off before you get splinters in your arse and buy a pair of these!

Just purchased a pair of 13.5 oz Caribou's in size 29, haven't been active for a few years but am excited to finally get back in it! 

Anyone know how long it takes to ship to the US? I'll be counting down the days... 

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by danisfake

• 2 weeks later...

Got my jeans in a couple of days ago, haven't had time to take a fit pic yet but here's some detailed shots! 

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

Overall the top block is a little bit bigger than I was expecting, still love the jeans. Only thing I would change is I should have gotten a 32 length instead of 34 but that can be fixed later.

Thanks for looking,

Dan 

I've washed my SR7 Buffalos about 3 times now and the left hand twill denim is really coming to life - electric blue creases and some beautiful vertical falling is starting to become apparent. Although Ande said this would happen, I was a little skeptical as the denim started out quite uniform looking with no obvious signs of what was to come. I'll get some pictures up soon as obviously, they speak a thousand words! I'm really enjoying them though and haven't really worn other jeans much since April.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fellas, what's happening in the world of blue pants!?

Have any of you guys had any problems with picture smallifacation on the website? I keep getting the odd dude getting problems. I have contacted imageshack a few times, but everything seems normal. The last guy said he was using windows with chrome and firefox. I have never seen the problem myself with mac and safari/firefox. A bit annoying. I'm no computer tech wizard, but someone might know what's up.

My 60+ year old TNT courier driver just dropped off some denim. He's classic, he whinges about the heavy denim rolls every time...they roll around the back from side to side and crush the other packages, haha...I keep sayin', tie 'em down mate.

Edited by andewhall

Good to hear from you Ande, how u doin'? I view your site on my iPhone and Safari/Firefox on my Mac. Sometimes the pictures are big, sometimes small, particularly on the SR10 photos.

Are you going to announce what that denim is or leave everyone guessing? My SR7s are really coming alive now - electric blues and raised vertical falling, they're almost poetry inspiring! ;)

hi ande, as maynard experienced, the problem would sometimes come up when you dig into the individual jean's sub-menu (from the "info" menu on the right-hand side of the page). this just happened on my iphone (but appears normal on my laptop (macbook pro):

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pENY2M]15535396151_3e5b668321_z.jpg 

btw, i regret not getting the blue-arc sr8 (still ande whall-less). are you going to do another sr with a blue arc again anytime soon? :)

Cheers fellas, and thanks ooms, I've never seen what it looks like. It should be all fine now, when in doubt re-upload the whole bloody thing. I think the internet guys like imageshack probably change things around all the time, so it's probably just best to upload everything from scratch every so often huh.

Hey guys.

I don't post much on SF, but I thought I'd share my excitement about my new (and old) Ande Whalls.

My brand new main line Mustangs just arrived and they look great. I'll spare the obligatory unboxing/unwrapping photo, but here is the inter-generational photo of them next to my well worn Grifters from a long long time ago:

Najo3vwz.jpg

The old Grifters are from back in the days when Ande was using unsanforized Cone Mills denim. They wore really well and got some good fade despite never being washed. Yeah, 3 years before they were retired and no washes. Kinda dumb!

One of the great features was the heavy canvas pockets. It was rough on the knuckles for the first few months, but it softened up eventually and was quite strong.

Now here's the unboxing photo... the Grifters back in Nov. '08:

MCx1k9M5.jpg

So here's to Ande and beating the hell out of a crisp new pair of his jeans!

SR11s are up! Same as the SR7 - left hand twill in natural indigo but with different pocket bags. As my SR7 Buffalos are probably my favourite jeans, I'm going to get a pair of these and then I'm done with buying denim (for now...).

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com

• 2 weeks later...

Shameless plug. Selling an old pair of barely worn SR1 Sz 32 Mustangs in my thread which are sadly too small for me now.   http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/153024-fs-jeans-stevenson-overall-co-727-pbj-xx-012-strike-gold-3109-nudie-ande-whall-mustang-sr1/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick plug...decided to move on from my pair of SR9. Too many jeans and not enough time! Only worn for a few hours to try them on when I got them; they've been hanging in my closet since then.

My pair (35x34) is listed on Reddit for now. Let me know if you're interested! $200 shipped in the U.S.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MaleFashionMarket/comments/2q2sc6/sell_ande_whall_sr9_35x34/