Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

How does the inside of that denim feel?  It looks like it would have the feel of a carpet liner, but I'm guessing the difference on the weft is purely aesthetic and it feels like any other denim, right?

They are actually super comfortable right off the bat. I was a little worried it would feel a little abrasive (like carpet liner haha), but that isn't the case at all. My view may be a little skewed since I've only worn heavier stuff for the past year or so, but these seem to be much softer than the ~12oz Cone denim I've worn in the past.

Segovia.

Did you buy the Caribou SR9? What size?

I have the Caribou SR8 in a size 32 with a 33 inseam.

Would be interesting to see how they both measure up (literally) in terms of sizing after a few weeks wear.

I started wearing mine in 12th June after a 45 min warm soak.

We'd be able to compare how the different fabrics wear and stretch. This might help somewhat for further Caribou related sizing questions.

Just a thought?

Cheers

Edited by UkeNo

Yeah these are the caribou fit in 35x34. I haven't worn them a ton yet, but here are the initial measurements I took (BiG style).

Waist - 36"

Front Rise - 11.75"

Back Rise - 15.5"

Thigh - 13.125"

Knee - 9.125"

Opening - 8.25"

Inseam - 34"

I'm probably going to get them hemmed before I start wearing them more...I prefer about a 32.5" inseam so they're a bit sloppy for my tastes right now.

How are you finding them Uke? I've barely taken my SR7 Buffalos off in the last month but they're not showing much fading. I really like everything about them. At some stage I'll get another pair of Buffalos in the 'standard' 13.5oz denim, which I think is one of the nicer, unsung fabrics around.

Thanks Segovia - ill measure mine ASAP. They were spot on to Andes size chart when new. Now with a weeks wear.

^MF,

I really like them a lot. The lightweight denim is perfect for the summer. Only a couple of oz lighter than my normal denim but it's noticeable.

Having said that I'll probably wear these into the autumn and winter providing it doesn't snow as they aren't 'too' light.

Here's a fit pic from day 3 of wear - last weekend.

dNtMTz1.png

The advantages of home wear shopping are the large mirrors.

The denim really is that dark though. It's more of a blue-black colour than usual indigo.

Seen here with Norse Projects Twill shirt.

The girls not convinced at all (standard)!

Edited by UkeNo

Amazing looking jeans James.

Again the standard roll fades exceptionally well.

Here the measurements from my SR8 Caribou size 32:

Worn from 12th June'14

One 45min Warm soak

Approximately 10 days wear.

Waist: 34"

Inseam: 33"

F-Rise: 11.5"

B-Rise: 15.75"

Thigh: 12.5"

Knee: 9.8"

Hem: 7.75"

A bit of stretch in the waist and knee - moulding basically.

Thanks

iPhone update of my SR7 Buffalos after a solid month of wear. Initial wash plus a further soak after a few weeks. For some reason Photobucket is annoyingly automatically rotating the first photo. Oh well...

image-16.jpg

image-17.jpg

image-18.jpg

image-19.jpg

Received my first Ande Whall jeans about 2 weeks ago, a pair of 21oz cobras. Thought I'd share my thoughts for those wondering about the heavyweight denim.

The denim really has an obvious weave. It looks obvious on Andy's site and it is just as obvious in person. The white weft showing through gives the jeans quite a grey-blue look. The denim is quite hairy, I suspect it is sanfordised but not singed.

The heavyweight cobras were a little tight in the waist and very tight in the thighs at first. I was worried I needed the mustangs instead but they have stretched well and now are a perfect fit with a little room to move in the thighs.

One thing I have noticed is so far the denim has not faded at all it seems. Usually there is some fading by now on sharp edges that cop a lot of abrasion but so far none in these. Should be a nice long fade.

All in all I'm extremely happy with these. Andy's craftsmanship is amazing and the fabric is interesting. Looking forward to seeing how they develop over time.

Edited by mattofumi

Okay cool. Was really hoping from Ande to bring back one of his old denim jackets. I'd get it in a heartbeat if the measurements were somewhat right.

12415415.b10d444a.1024.jpg

I'm due for a pair of jeans for fall I think, and the Caribou 21 oz is a clear candidate. Lets just hope he has them around then!

Agreed!

I've ordered a pair of standard roll Caribous. Looking forward to having a looser pair of Ande Whalls - not that I don't love my SR8 Cobras. The only downside to them is that they don't really go with the shirts I wear for work, so I had no choice but to get the Caribous!

• 2 weeks later...

My standard roll Caribous arrived yesterday (thanks, Ande). Fantastic workmanship and it really is crunchy denim. I'd like to soak them but our water boiler is on the blink: a machine hand wash with no spin would be fine, wouldn't it? I'd turn them inside out, of course.

^ Agreed, an initial wash in the machine would do no harm either. I gave my SR7s a short inside-out machine wash prior to wear at 40C or 60C (can't remember) with no spin followed by a drip dry in the sun.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah can't wait to get the shirts sorted out. I have been working on this western style one for a long time now...just trying to save up for some custom pearl snaps!

Hey Andy,

Any progress on the Western shirts yet? 

Thanks

I wonder if that grey denim on the SR10 will fade noticeably or just gradually diminish in tone over time? I'm assuming the latter as it's not very dark to begin with. Haven't seen many examples of faded grey denim around.

• 3 weeks later...

Been looking for Type 2 styled jacked lately...I like the Wolf for the most part but the rounded collar bothers me a little. Any other suggestions for a ~46/47" chest and 20" shoulders? Seems like japenese brands don't always make sized big enough for my 6' 210lb frame.

Also, decided to move on from my pair of SR9. Ended up buying some Roy KS1002 which I prefer the fit of right now. Still hoping to see some pictures of the SR9's when somebody gets some wear on them!

My pair (35x34) is only listed on Reddit for now. Let me know if you're interested!

http://www.reddit.com/r/MaleFashionMarket/comments/2dcdel/sell_ande_whall_sr9_35x34_caribou_fit_200/