Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

I get what you mean Maynard.  Iv'e had the SR8 Caribou's on for 3 days now and the fit and finish is truly outstanding.  I've put some PBJ's and FC's back on the hangar for a while I think.   

I haven't introduced them to water yet, but will do over the weekend.  Hoping the denim will plump up a bit, but really enjoying the super smooth & crisp feel for now.  Makes for a nice change from Slub and heavy weight.

Haha, well done Maynard. Yeah, they were size 32 - rep for being a clever stalker!

Agreed, they wern't that bad as far as overall fit goes (not as 'relaxed' as my Warehouse 1001XX) but around the waist they were slightly too big from word go and I had to wear a belt to stop them sliding (nothing to do with shrinking / stretching). Just thought I'd mention it as if someone sized tts, they would probably look ever so slightly slimmer than in my pic..... thought if I was wearing them for a whole year I'd go up 1 for 'comfort'.  (BTW, I'm just over 6'1 and would have been around 85kg back then)

Edited by theotherchrislewis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about getting a pair of caribous. The cut seems great for my body. I have a question though. Would these be considered having a long or short rise measurement? I particularly dislike jeans with long measurement, since it kind of feels like you're sagging. My 3sixteen sl 220x sits pretty well, but I wouldn't want any longer.

well...measure your 3sixteen and then compare that measurement you got with the size chart of the Caribou from Ande ?!

uhm, ye... Don't really know why I asked. Think I wanted some general opinion "it's considered short/long/mid". Think the caribous might be too long for my liking.

Measurements in my experience, my SR7s haven't stretched a huge amount, about the same as most jeans, about an inch or 2 in the waist. Remember they're sanforized too so will only shrink a little.

With all this recent Ande activity, I decided to take a break from wearing my HWDC MBB's and opted for my Miner deluxe. Will have to post pics so those unfamiliar can see some of the old details. My personal favorite are the rope lined hems and belt loops.

Any chance of those pics Noodle?

SR9 is out and looks very interesting:

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/new-special-roll-9

eyeyeyeye...so many possible purchases...Andy Whall always seems to confuse things for me until those special rolls disappear after a few weeks...then i can focus again.....just got to procrastinate long enough...

at first I thought the same thing; however, Mr. Whall makes no mention of polyester in the weave,  which leads me to believe the contrary. I could certainly be wrong though, just my deduction from supplied information ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I got a pair of SR9 about a week ago. I've been meaning to put some pictures up, just lacked motivation until you guys asked for them!

It's pretty overcast here right now, so these are all shot with a flash bounced off the wall/ceiling. Color seems to be pretty accurate though. Let me know if there's anything else you want to see!

IMG_5058_zpsfafffc73.jpg

IMG_5062_zpsb55c81bf.jpg

IMG_5060_zps207f1c5e.jpg

IMG_5059_zps71ba03a9.jpg

IMG_5064_zpsbbf77f3b.jpg

IMG_5065_zpsa9fc04ea.jpg