Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

My new Ande Whall Buffalo SR7s. I gave them a 40C wash with low spin and line dry and initially put them away until September but couldn't resist getting them out and wearing them. They shrank about an inch in the waist and inseam. The denim is much stiffer and crunchier than I expected for left hand twill and a beautiful deep indigo. Finishing is, of course, superb.

image-14.jpg

image-13.jpg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

My new Ande Whall Buffalo SR7s. I gave them a 40C wash with low spin and line dry and initially put them away until September but couldn't resist getting them out and wearing them. They shrank about an inch in the waist and inseam. The denim is much stiffer and crunchier than I expected for left hand twill and a beautiful deep indigo. Finishing is, of course, superb.

Would love to see how the Buffalo cut wears. (Feel like this would be a more appropriate work-work cut.)

Hi guys!

Woke up bright and early today and the sun seems perfect for taking some progress pics! although not the best quality since i took these with a iphone

Anyways, these are mustangs in the standard denim roll.

They've seen about 4 months of wear time. 1 cold soak and 1 cold machine wash on handwash setting.

IMG_6547.jpeg

IMG_9312-1.jpeg

You only need to turn them inside out if you're planning to agitate them in the wash (either by hand or via machine) as this will avoid unwanted friction on the outside denim surface, although there will obviously be some inside. If you're simply going to do a static soak, then it's not necessary to turn them inside out.

You can check out pictures from theotherchrislewis who just so happened to win the Ande Whall comeback contest (thread is a few pages back) in a pair of Buffalos or you can knot your spotted handkerchief on a broom handle, carrying all your worldly possessions and shuffle down to where the streets are paved with gold and gawp at me backside over a pint of mead in the 'Cockney Tavern'!

Any ideas what the "black bear" will be? Jacket, shirt? Hoping for a type 3 jacket!

Black denim jacket.

Who's going for the 21ozers? There's a pair of Buffalos with my name on!

my guess is a black/black denim rather than the black on offer already...

nice to see the 21oz will be a relatively permanent addition to the range, rather than just a one off. wonder how it ages in comparison to IH's 21oz

Black denim jacket.

Who's going for the 21ozers? There's a pair of Buffalos with my name on!

Okay cool. Was really hoping from Ande to bring back one of his old denim jackets. I'd get it in a heartbeat if the measurements were somewhat right.

12415415.b10d444a.1024.jpg

I'm due for a pair of jeans for fall I think, and the Caribou 21 oz is a clear candidate. Lets just hope he has them around then!

Some fit pics of my SR8 Cobras. They don't really do justice to the lustre this denim has:

14050750713_58a3b61b19_s.jpg20140427_095526 by tizwiz78, on Flickr

14007627826_c1ecb86093_s.jpg20140427_095206 by tizwiz78, on Flickr

14050753583_a6b938529d_s.jpg20140427_095129 by tizwiz78, on Flickr

I love the fit and I'm not sure whether to soak them or not. I'm not going for 'sick fades' and I don't want them to be uncomfortably tight.

Good fit Ceffyl, they look great and I'm envious of those blue wings. I'd still give them a quick soak though and if they're a little tight, they'll stretch back quickly.

all those old patterns were lost in the earthquake i think.

It just like Levi's all over again! Edited by Maynard Friedman

I've been wearing my SR7s for about 2 weeks now and some of those electric blue hues are starting to develop in the heavy stress points. These are my favourite jeans to date and have effectively put my winter rotation of SDA 101 and Warehouse Warren back in the wardrobe prematurely. At 14.25oz (raw) I'm not sure if these are lightweight enough to be my summer jeans but I'll give it a go.

The denim, cut, construction and overall styling is all superb - the Buffalo are a full cut with a high rise that have just the right amount of taper to make them seem 'modern' rather than the 50s cuts that most of my wardrobe consists of. Even Mrs Friedman said they're the nicest pair of jeans I own - high praise indeed.

I'm really considering trimming my existing collection further to make way for more Buffalos; this is a curse and a blessing at the same time, having the cut available in different weights and further SRs. Enough from me, I'll get some more photos up when there's a little more evo to show.

You know I wonder how that buffalo fit looks on a person....  14023980985_4d6d8d16aa_o.gif

Here is a link from the Ande Whall Contest thread, the bottom pic is of me wearing my Buffalo's,

probably at 10 months wear or so - I probably could have / should have gone down one size on

these but you get the idea.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/114904-ande-whall-contest-thread/page-33#entry2834348

Some fit pics of my SR8 Cobras. They don't really do justice to the lustre this denim has:

14050750713_58a3b61b19_s.jpg20140427_095526 by tizwiz78, on Flickr

14007627826_c1ecb86093_s.jpg20140427_095206 by tizwiz78, on Flickr

14050753583_a6b938529d_s.jpg20140427_095129 by tizwiz78, on Flickr

I love the fit and I'm not sure whether to soak them or not. I'm not going for 'sick fades' and I don't want them to be uncomfortably tight.

you'll be fine totally fine soaking those. just chuck them in a bucket or something for 20 minutes, in the same temp water you're likely to wash them in when you get round to it.