Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Hi Guys. I have just finished the second run for Wakefield Hotel. The first one was the 14.1oz Natural Indigo and the second is the new Vintage blue 15.3oz. I will probably use the vintage blue as my next Special Roll.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, i just ordered my first pair of AW's. super excited. ande mentioned something about looking after the leather patch with wax, can anyone help me out here? is this because the leather will be destroyed when washing or something? and what type of wax/oil should I use...and what method of application?

cheers.

just look up shoe wax on ebay & you'll find something. i got some g-wax that's good for anything leather. just rub it in with a cloth.

if you do a super hot wash it'll screw with the patch but otherwise it'll be fine without waxing. waxing just gives it a bit of extra protection, & some people like that. i never bother myself, just prefer to let them age naturally.

• 2 weeks later...

My caribous had bagged out in the waist a bit after 4 months, and I sized them kind of loose to begin with, so the other day I threw them in the wash on the hottest setting and followed it up with a tumble dry on high heat and they came out fitting perfect. The denim took on a lot of texture and I am quite pleased with the outcome. The Zimbabwe cotton is also extremely soft and comfortable.

Wasn't sure they'd shrink enough but I got them from at least 33.5" in the waist down to 32" post soak and they've stretched just a bit since wearing them and are quite comfy. Also went from having to wear a triple cuff to not cuffing at all.

Really looking forward to see these continue to age. Will try to get a fit pic up today.

Might not be as bad as some random prewash but it's highly disingenuous and pinching has long been frowned upon in the raw denim community. I don't even care about the negs at this point if I see someone bastardizing something I love I'll call you out on it.

new special roll Cobra's - number 3 of 21

7918816422_c097195bf4_z.jpg

7918805940_05cb4fdf4c_z.jpg

and thanks to this little monkey there'll be no fit pics for a while, as i've been sitting around on the couch for weeks getting tubby watching her squirm, snort & shnuffle.

7918789862_8887bae281_z.jpg

and just because - my cat Zissou

7918779706_a5d0cd49b0_z.jpg