Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

New kick press for buttons and rivets.press1.jpg

Still have to build a table and pedal for it. It's a bit easier to apply the hardware.

press2y.jpg

hard1u.jpg

Some vintage RM Williams boots picked up ages ago. Trying to lower the heal....not going very well as you can see.

bootc.jpg

My fave book at the mo.

books2d.jpg

Cool local dude dropped me off some Mr. Freedamn's to read, legend. Awesome books.

books1.jpg

Some label samples. The first ones were to orange, so went back to gold used on the old black/gold tags.labbles.jpg

I have a separate design/cutting room upstairs, it's fairly cool, can see buildings getting the wrecking ball whilst working.

Notes on cutting new patterns.

dr1el.jpg

Drafts, patterns and jeans that haven't been pressed.

patterns.jpg

man, this would be awesome to be a part of... how much are the jeans gonna cost?

its been years since i had some andes... its something i always wanted to get again.

$245. I'd love for you to join the contest

EDIT: Awesome pics Ande! It's very interesting to see your workspace

I think I'm going to pass on this competition and give it to someone else that's desperate. I already have a pair of the 13.5oz denim. Will buy a pair of the regular productions once ande imports some new denim.

I'm very interested in the contest, I need to plan according so I can afford them when they are released.

Very interested in some sizing at this point as well, thanks for considering me!

edit: I looked at the sizing, any hopes for larger than tag size 32 in the cobras?

Based on your previous posts Cents or Non Cents, I can tell we wear about the same size (actually you gave me sizing advice on my Flat Heads).

I'm interested to see if they make a tag size 33 or 34 in the Cobra. If not a ~32/33 in the Mustang may be just right. I'm looking for something similar to my BSPs (34, which is slightly too big from the knee down) but with more taper/smaller hem.

I don't want to exclude anyone who may be interested, but your low post count is not promising.

Do you think you could be a regular contributor?

well I'm kinda more like silent reader here, but I'll try my best to be one, but if there's still no one filling the las 2-4 slots when the contest nearly start, count me in ;)

not been following regularly but just chiming in.

is the fabric something that ande has in limited quantity? if it isn't and ande has a great deal of them, i think it would be good for more people to join the contest regardless of post count etc since it will provide a good deal of advertising for ande and also help him get some funds in order.

if it is indeed limited fabric, i can see and understand why you're being quite stringent about people joining the contest robotbox.

not been following regularly but just chiming in.

is the fabric something that ande has in limited quantity? if it isn't and ande has a great deal of them, i think it would be good for more people to join the contest regardless of post count etc since it will provide a good deal of advertising for ande and also help him get some funds in order.

if it is indeed limited fabric, i can see and understand why you're being quite stringent about people joining the contest robotbox.

From what I understand, Ande has already sold a good number of jeans using this denim before the earthquake.

He now has only enough denim left to make 18-20 pairs. The money from these pairs will be used to fund future rolls of denim.

So the denim isn't necessarily unique to the contest pairs, but there are unique details such as the hair-on-hide patch and the x-bartacked pockets that I believe are just for these 18-20 contest pairs.

TL;DR -- Yes, the numbers are limited

I REALLY don't want to seem like I'm being exclusive or snobby based on sufu reputation. We were all new posters once. Hell, by no means am I a prolific poster either. I would just prefer that since we will only have 18 or so contestants, that those contestants are willing to contribute good content. I'm not leaving anyone off the list at this point. We may not even be able to find 18, so right now everyone is welcome

Updated list. * = not on original contest list

1. Robotbox

2. theotherchrislewis

3. sbreslin

4. grooveholmes

5. Festival

6. nietenhosen

7. Noodle36

8. Mdkt07

9. Cents or non cents (possibly)

10. kit99bar*

11. niix*

12. ukeno*

13. adh92*

14. d4nvu

15. kakashimen*

16. faptronic * (possibly)

17. rayw44* (possibly)

Hey guys. A few answers to the questions posted. The 13.5oz Zimbabwe denim I have used before, and will probably use it for the main line, it's my pick out of a ton of samples. I may still do the odd special roll in the future though. All the original contest denim was lost.

Sorry Cents, the sizes are as listed on the size charts. Get Mustangs man!

The two differences between the Comeback Special contest jawns are the pocket bags and the leather patch.

Are contests usually one year? I think they are. Originally the prize was going to be a jacket, so best faaaaadze win a jacket??

Justin the guy that has made the hair on hide patches sent them last week, so they should be here very soon. He sent through some pictures, please note these are just his first samples, they are not cut to correct size or the best brands. Two pic's are before and one after a wash test. As the hide is different shades and thicknesses all the brands will come out different, which is cool. Will take some more detailed pic's when they arrive.

If anyone is all set, got your size sorted, happy with details, ready to roll....send me an e-mail with your Sufu handle and I will send you a paypal invoice. The sooner I start chipping away at the construction the better, so the comp start gets going as soon as possible. Is this the best method? I have put up shipping costs on the website. NZ Post has added more countries to the Economy courier service, which is through EMS. They have also increased their prices, which is annoying. I base the cost on the average weight of jeans and round it down a bit, sorry it's so steep, NZ is far away from everywhere. The EMS is the best option though, standard airmail takes forever and there is no tracking/signature etc.

cont003.jpg

cont002.jpg

hidei.jpg

sampleee0.jpg

samplepatch1.jpg

washsamp2.jpg

Alright gang, if your name is on the list and you know what you want, go ahead and email Ande so we can get this thing rolling. Be sure to include your username!

Ande is going to keep me updated on who has confirmed, and I will update the list on here so we know who's paid up.

For now, please don't email Ande unless your name is on the list of 17 I posted a few hours ago. Don't worry if your name has an asterisk, just go for it! I'll update the list as necessary to make room for new people who want to jump in.

hi guys,

a few days offine and: wow, lookiing really nice that hardware and patches and all the news from the contest.

but life is changing and sometimes quick.

means in my case that me and my family found a new lovely house last sunday and we have to change locations in seven weeks.

atm theres no cent for jeans in my wallet left...

hope theres someone who closes the gap.

so sad that i can not be part of that contest...

UPDATED LIST - SEND ANDE YOUR ORDERS!

1. Robotbox

2. theotherchrislewis

3. sbreslin

4. grooveholmes

5. Festival

6. Noodle36

7. Mdkt07

8. Cents or non cents (possibly)

9. blackmaged

10. niix*

11. ukeno*

12. adh92*

13. d4nvu

14. kakashimen*

15. faptronic * (possibly)

16. rayw44* (possibly)

17. arya* (possibly)

18. lamscott*

Bummer you are missing out nietenhosen!

Also, once everyone's orders have been placed, I'll revive the old contest thread and we can move the discussion there. But for now, lets keep things here

CONFIRMED:

1. Justin the Patch Guy

2. Robotbox

3. theotherchrislewis

4. ukeno

Just updating the full list with the numbers that will be on the jeans so I know what i'm doing.

#1: Justin the Patch Guy. CONFIRMED

#2: Robotbox. CONFIRMED

#3: theotherchrislewis. CONFIRMED

#4: ukeno. CONFIRMED

#5: sbreslin. CONFIRMED

#6: grooveholmes CONFIRMED

#7: festival

#8: Noodle36

#9: Mdkt07

#10: Cents or non cents (possibly)

#11: blackmaged

#12: niix*