Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

The STF denim was Cone? I thought only Levi's could get unsanforized denim from Cone, hence why they made such a big stink about the Roy contest denim, and all jeans made with Cone denim (Tellason, Raleigh, Left Field) are sanforized.

well the roy contest denim is different denim. ande's had cone unsanforized denim for a while. it's not that hard to get from what he told me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, haven't done an update for a while. Will do a proper one soon, will try and document the rebuild. Things are moving very slowly. So far I have only got as far as ordering new hardware, buying a new Mac and starting to redraw logos. Have applied for this government Business Recovery Grant and business help, so hopefully I will find out if I qualify in the next couple of weeks. Have been searching high and low for a new workshop, buts it's really hard as so many buildings are damaged and now there is a shortage of good real estate. Funny, a friends wife offered me a job sewing costumes for the new Hobbit movie, would have loved to do it, but it's a year and a half and I have to much work to do getting the jeans back on track.

Found this picture of the back of the workshop, since this photo the entire roof now sits on the floor. I can see my power drill and tools hanging on the wall and the shelves where all my threads were housed.

backworkshop.jpg

This is the whole set of photos....three months after and it's still so bad.

https://picasaweb.google.com/RossBeckerNZ/2011April27IntoTheChristchurchRedZone#slideshow/5602376597050171794

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the thoughts guys. Yeah more damn Quakes on monday, such a weird time. I was down at the supermarket when the first one hit, did my usual low skaters stance (goofy) while looking up and around for falling shelves, haha. Went home and was watching the news when an even bigger one hit an hour later, didn't even get up...was just thinking, fuck you mother nature...do your worst, get it outta ya system. Poor old city has had Quakes for 9 months now, she's fairly broken up, loads of people are leaving for good. They say there may be more to come too, a 30% chance of a 6-7.

The business of getting back to making jeans is taking a long time to get sorted indeed! I really miss making jeans, and the whole business and talking to customers etc. I am working with this Government Business Recovery Program. So far they have set me up with a business advisor for six months. They may be able to help with setting up a new workshop, still don't know. The business dude thinks I should move to factory production, either set up a factory here or contract out to an established jeans factory. Everything is still going very slow and when fresh quakes hit the city shuts down again. I have been doing alot of drawing, planning and designing though to keep sane, and a bit of painting too.

Hope everyone is cool in Sufu land, still read SD everyday...checking on cool evo's and the like. Hopefully I will be back in action soon, the sooner the better!

more bad quakes today in chch, hopefully ande didnt lose more in this round

help ande reboot

• 3 weeks later...

Not so much a "What are your jeans doing today?" as a "What were your jeans doing a month and a half ago?" but I thought I would share.

Wearing my Slacker DLX in Gibraltar when an ape decided to hop on my back.

tumblr_lnxwd9SeFy1qzs0cio1_500.jpg

That's totally Barbarian!

Not so much a "What are your jeans doing today?" as a "What were your jeans doing a month and a half ago?" but I thought I would share.

Wearing my Slacker DLX in Gibraltar when an ape decided to hop on my back.

tumblr_lnxwd9SeFy1qzs0cio1_500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

just got back from the post office. was filling out some paperwork wearing my grifters when someone went up to me and said "I covet your jeans, where did you get them?" I still get kind of weirded out by comments about my jeans....I replied "This guy in New Zealand, Ande Whall hand made these for me..." Hope you're doing well ande!

last compliment I got on my jeans was my Ande Whall Cougar. I like your jeans, where did you get them from. It's always fun to explain they were handmade from New Zealand.

just got back from the post office. was filling out some paperwork wearing my grifters when someone went up to me and said "I covet your jeans, where did you get them?" I still get kind of weirded out by comments about my jeans....I replied "This guy in New Zealand, Ande Whall hand made these for me..." Hope you're doing well ande!

last compliment I got on my jeans was my Ande Whall Cougar. I like your jeans, where did you get them from. It's always fun to explain they were handmade from New Zealand.

You guys are making me yearn even harder for Ande to return! I need some new Cougars! (or I need to drop some lbs so I can fit back in to my slackers)

I guess I'm off to donate some more monies...

• 3 weeks later...