Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

So am I right in thinking that the STF denim runs true to size at first and then shrinks down? Might have to get some Cougars when the exchange rates get more sensible... been after a new pair of regular fitting jeans for a while but the sanforized 28 would be too big for me.

Yeah, I remember Ande saying to size up for the STF line.

RECOMMENDATIONS: XX-DI MODEL:

Recommended: Size up 1" in the waist from your true waist size. Add 2" in the inseam to account for shrinkage. Should be mildly loose in the waist when brand new and un-soaked. If they hard to button the top button when brand new and un-soaked, you need to size up one. Should be snug when soaked and dried - top button done up - stretching will add comfort.

SHRINKAGE:

Un-Sanforized - shrink to fit denim: Inseam: Approx 1.5"-2". Waist: Approx 1"-1.25".

STRETCHING:

Waist stretching: Approx 1"-1.5".

(For non wash. This is minimal stretching and allows comfort to the snug first fit - the "top button undone for the first week or so" fit is not recommended)

EXAMPLE:

Using measuring method #2 my waist is 35". I wear Cougar SZ-SI W35 and Cougar XX-DI W36. These sizes are snug fitting when brand new (Soaked & dried XX-DI Cougar) and loosen to a comfortable fit in a week. Easy right, I wear my true waist size in the Sanforized model and one size up in the XX STF model to account for shrinkage.

i've decided my next jeans will be black grifters.

and finally, i'll need this too:

CONDOR1.jpg

Hey guys. The black denim version will be out in a couple of weeks, keep getting tied up making jeans. Still drawing the leather label etc. These came in last week though.

blkwoven01zr8.jpg

Hey guys. The black denim version will be out in a couple of weeks, keep getting tied up making jeans. Still drawing the leather label etc. These came in last week though.

blkwoven01zr8.jpg

looking really nice. I have a lot of admiration for you setting up your own company and doing so well, I remember being inspired to make my own jeans after seeing your home made jeans thread on here ages ago. Lots of respect ande, keep up the great work.

Good to hear you're keeping busy though! I'm going to hit you up for some STF blacks in a few months (contrast stitching, eh? EH?).

• 2 weeks later...
When can we expect the one-wash chore coat to be ready? Maybe sometime in the next month?

Ive been waiting for that one for a while.

That one will be a while off yet, the slim trucker style one is next on the table....just waiting on some labels, doing size charts etc.

Black denim is taking a aaaggggggeeessss, sorry. Have a very nice black denim sample in my hands though, 13.5-14 pink selvage.

Do people like black denim jackets?

do the inseams on the stf models account for stretching? just asking since if a 32 inseam would shrink about an inch, there would be no need for me to hem the jeans ;)

The inseams will shrink between 1.5" and 2". Once the inseam has been shrunk...it's gone forever.

Haha Mr. Bona...sounds great, would love to go to that one day...girls with bead necklaces yeah?

Here's Joelke's blog post, he took loads of photos.

http://www.bloggang.com/mainblog.php?id=joeike&month=19-02-2009&group=2&gblog=34