Blackberry Thread.

Leumas

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesnt verizon have the storm 2?

i have been using the bold for 1.5 years. other than the white screen of death at my 10 month mark, it's been pretty reliable. the os could be faster though.

Don't get the storm 2. it's better than the original storm but still garbage. 9700 is the only blackberry that matters now. 8530 or whatever it's called matters for the low cost segment i guess.

ive got a curve 8520 (8530 in the us i think). cool phone but the screen is from ancient times and it doesn't feel that sturdy. probably is tho. is there a good website with free apps ?

img5770copie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
anybody know a good way of cleaning the track ball? mines fucked up atm:(

I've had to replace my trackball two times already. it's going to get gummed up no matter what. just a matter of time.

Anyone try the trackpad on the 9700 yet?

Weird. Try scrolling all the way down your bbm contact list to the groups heading and click scan a group barcode. Hold your phone up to the barcode and it should take over from there.

:confused:

maybe we're running different pre-release versions of bbm5?

there's no group heading at the end of my contact list. when i try to add a group in the menu, i don't get the qr code option like i do when adding a contact.

the text output when i scan the barcode begins with bbg: which im guessing stands for blackberry group but it doesnt add it

Just got the bold 9700 from at&t. i like the phone a lot, the screen's a bit small, not a big deal though. build quality is ok, could be a lot better. camera is good. trackpad is nothing amazing honestly, i miss the trackball, but i'm sure the trackpad is better in the long run. keyboard's a bit stiff and small, i'll get used to it though. call quality good. overall good phone. still have to call at&t to activate visual voicemail.

Ben, I heard that the speaker is not as good as the 9000. Can you confirm that? Apparently they reduced three speakers down to one for the 9700. thx

Just got the bold 9700 from at&t. i like the phone a lot, the screen's a bit small, not a big deal though. build quality is ok, could be a lot better. camera is good. trackpad is nothing amazing honestly, i miss the trackball, but i'm sure the trackpad is better in the long run. keyboard's a bit stiff and small, i'll get used to it though. call quality good. overall good phone. still have to call at&t to activate visual voicemail.

i was completly drunk and wandering home at 8am, a thug asked for my phone, after a couple of negative answers, he got mad and took a knife off his pocket, so i gave him my phone and went home ... frustrated. i knew he probably wouldn't have stabbed me, but you never know... i wasn't really into starting my day at the ER or dead, especially for a phone.

i had no insurance, i thought it was pointless and overpriced but i should have known better.........

Ben, I heard that the speaker is not as good as the 9000. Can you confirm that? Apparently they reduced three speakers down to one for the 9700. thx

I've never owned/heared the speakers of a 9000 but the speakers on the 9700 are quite good. they're not great, but they're fine. honestly, they're good enough for me and i'll probably use them quite often, in a park or something with some friends. and actually about the trackpad, i take back what i said, i love it and got used to it very quickly.

and freecat, that really sucks yo, if there's one thing i hate about france it's people steal quite a lot.