Blackberry Thread.

Leumas

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm using a storm.. unsure if i want to return it and just get a curve. i haven't done the new update yet and software developers haven't had time to do anything for the storm yet, but i'm not entirely thrilled with the phone. I'm absolutely stuck with Verizon as they pay my entire bill for me through my work, so switching to AT&T for a bold or an iphone would prove to be extremely expensive (going from $0 to $100 a month is not happening)

For anyone looking, there's a cool youtube app for blackberrys out now.. kind of like on the iphone but lower res

type this link into your browser to download:

tinyurl.com/5za2s8 (the link is a redirected link from another forum)

If the new curve came with 3G then it would make the Bold inferior, and the Bold is the flagship phone for Blackberry as it is practical for the older business type and the younger tech savvy group. No one would get a Bold, because the Curve is smaller, lighter, better looking(imo). The next curve should come out with 3G but that should be some time away. Having two phones competing with each other is not a good business move for RIM.

so i upgraded my software on the storm and its working a hell of a lot better. i like it a lot now. app store for bold/storm launching in march... should be dope!

it'll be a lot less apps than there are for the iphone, but then again, they will be much much more practical.. i don't really need a color changing screen app, or a beer or light saber app..

Im using Bold right now, battery life seems to be a problem (have to charge it once every 2 days)

Off-ed the Wifi and Bluetooth whenever Im not using them but still its a problem

Brightness kept to a lowest option (still fuckin bright for me though)

Anyone else using the BBB9k has the same problem?!

If the new curve came with 3G then it would make the Bold inferior, and the Bold is the flagship phone for Blackberry as it is practical for the older business type and the younger tech savvy group. No one would get a Bold, because the Curve is smaller, lighter, better looking(imo). The next curve should come out with 3G but that should be some time away. Having two phones competing with each other is not a good business move for RIM.

I don't quite understand this. Wouldn't it not exactly matter to Blackberry which phone people buy because its money in their pocket anyway? Its not like Blackberry is a parent company with two competing companies under its wing offering two products that could potentially leave one child company in the dust (like for exampel Honda/Acura, or Toyota/Lexus). Wouldn't they just adjust their production to fit the trend?

Food for thought!

PS: shoulda got the iphone!

Im looking on installing apps on my phone.

Anyone know a step by step guide on how to do it?

Running on Curve 8320, just got the Blackberry Application on Facebook. Added some friends who I never knew had blackberrys.

generally, most blackberry programs can be downloaded from your phone's browser directly into your phone. very convenient. but for things like themes, you need to use your computer [desktop manager for windows or pocketmac for macs].

Im looking on installing apps on my phone.

Anyone know a step by step guide on how to do it?

Running on Curve 8320, just got the Blackberry Application on Facebook. Added some friends who I never knew had blackberrys.

i just got another blackberry and have been spending the last two days pouytting stuff on it, Vlingo is free and lets you talk into it and it tyoes out texts/interwebsearches etc, circle popper is an addicting game, and i think im gonna check out one of the finance keeper ones. twitterberry fucking rules so hard, and then i got a few games and shit, everything that i mentioned is free through mobile.blackberry.com, with the exception of the twitterberry

Putting the apps on a blackberry is super easy if you use OTA (over the air). This is assuming you either have an unlimtied data plan or something close to that. Mobile.blackberry.com has a fair amount of applications and they are all OTA. Alot of other apps are OTA but are only available on the developers website. Email yourself the link and use it on the blackberry. HOpe that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't quite understand this. Wouldn't it not exactly matter to Blackberry which phone people buy because its money in their pocket anyway? Its not like Blackberry is a parent company with two competing companies under its wing offering two products that could potentially leave one child company in the dust (like for exampel Honda/Acura, or Toyota/Lexus). Wouldn't they just adjust their production to fit the trend?

Food for thought!

PS: shoulda got the iphone!

Ask your self if you yourself would get the bold the javelin had 3G and that should give you an answer.

P.S. I did have a iPhone (2g) since the 2G was unlockable but shit just got boring.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...