absolut

45rpm

1,859 posts in this topic

anybody check out their spring stuff yet? wondering it it's in the soho store yet since the UES one closes earlier..

Anyone with experience of Jomon raw re: shrinkage with soaking, washing, or machine drying? Thanks!

Edited by The Flâneur

Anyone with experience of Jomon raw re: shrinkage with soaking, washing, or machine drying? Thanks!

I doubt they would shrink all that much with a hot wash. My sorahiko's certainly didn't.

Got a few more pieces for sale there love children, a size 3 shirt and two size 4's:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/134022-45rpm-shirt-size-3/page__fromsearch__1

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/134061-45rpm-dash-organic-size-4-shirts-blue-white/page__fromsearch__1

Almost forgot! A new pick up...

Indigo dyed, discharge print, sold in Japan only (i think). My party shirt for 2012 B)

s6Ns7.jpg

Carl were your Sorahikos raw? I'm a bit bemused by the Jomon raw sizing then. I bought tts 30" and the waist is 33"!

IMG 9808

IMG 9806

IMG 9809

Somebody's got to give these babies a home. Size 36, one wash Sorahikos, that I purchased new from 45rpm, original inseam. Excellent condition. PM me if interested. thanks Edited by forthosewhotoil76

15 months Suminando Sorahikos from Fall 2010 (or so I was told -- scroll back to posts from July 2011 to review the controversy lance and I went through to try to identify this pair and his pair)

45rpmside.jpg

45rpmbackpocket.jpg

Now I know there isn't much because these aren't my main daily pair of jeans but there is enough to illustrate the point of this post -- where's the fucking blue???

The distressed version they had in the store and in their advertised pics had the fading going from black to blue to white. There isn't a speck of blue here. All the parts of distress have the black turning to grey turning to white. The controversy continues...

Lance, do you have pics of your "Fujimon"? Anybody else out there have pics of their Suminando Sorahikos from 2010?

Thread needs a bump.

Still nothing "for sale" on the US website. Shit has been "coming soon" for three months now. The japan web store is pretty boring at the moment as well.

Summer '12 lookbook was pretty sick for women and once again kinda meh for men. What gives?

Carl were your Sorahikos raw? I'm a bit bemused by the Jomon raw sizing then. I bought tts 30" and the waist is 33"!

One wash. They usually stretch an inch or so and shrink back down to original size after a wash.

Also, thinking about getting rid of this size 3 shirt. Any interest? PM for a good price...

h9PcU.jpg

Edited by Carl

fuk carl, i been thinking the same thing itching to buy something from them, checking their online store constantly (too lazy to go to their store...) luckily im trying to stay away from flannel now or else i woulda sent u a pm, again

hey guys, how much do you think a pair of sorahikos like these are worth? I'm thinking about getting rid of them; they are a bit too big on me.

P1110140copy.jpg

P1110141copy.jpg

P1110143copy.jpg

P1110144copy.jpg

30 waist and 29 inseam. i have not worn them. i don't really know if they have been worn or not. i bought them a long time ago on ebay and i'm not sure if the previous owner had worn them. i do know that the last two buttons are difficult to fasten, the bottom being ridiculously difficult.

Decent quality sorahikos usually go for around $100 or so. I think those might go for less considering the small size and especially the small inseam.

On another note, it is true that the US web shop hasn't been updated. I'd recommend contacting either store with pics from the japanese site if you're interested in an item. Most things either were ordered or can be procured from japan for you, all for a price of course.

The even easier and cheaper way is just to use a proxy from the japanese site...

I would say they're an earlier iteration. The newer sorahikos don't have that "r by 45 rpm" tag with the waist size. They have an "R" tag and a separate tag underneath with the waist size.

I would say they're an earlier iteration.

Yea, I'd say pre-2005, maybe?

I'm lusting super hard for the button up version of this: 705707691.JPG

So far only seen in the look book...

You seem to be into the hawaiian prints lately. I've been going for the solid indigo stuff myself. It's not particularly original season to season, but nobody does it quite like 45 rpm. Somebody needs to sell some stuff cheap so I can get more of it.

thanks guys for helping :) . does sorahikos old series doesn't have offset beltloop like newer sorahikos? and one more question, why my sorahikos looks like black denim? but based from the tag, they said this product is dyed with indigo

45 rpm does make black sorahikos, which is why they may look that way. It depends. They could also just be a heavy dye, which will lighten over time. Some of the older jeans do not have the offset beltloop as you mention.

You can buy 45 rpm jeans at the 45 rpm shops. They're spread fairly well around the major japanese cities and of course concentrated in tokyo. Prices are definitely cheaper in Japan compared to the US. An English language shop list can be found here: http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/cms/contents.aspx?id=17&Language=English.

If possible, I'd recommend visiting the flagship in Aoyama. If you're going to shell out the money, you might as well have the full experience. They've got a cafe too which looks good.

thanks guys for helping :) . does sorahikos old series doesn't have offset beltloop like newer sorahikos? and one more question, why my sorahikos looks like black denim? but based from the tag, they said this product is dyed with indigo

agreed about the tag -- definitely points to older Sorahiko, but also another clue is the measurement. Newest 2 versions have been considerably slimmer than the older ones.

ooh i got it...thanks guys that's really helpful :) all my doubt has gone... :P

Edited by tobydu

a/w 12 is up on the japanese website

ill wait to pass full judgment until the bigger pictures show up on the us website

though from my initial squints it looks pretty good

^indeed...people just aren't putting the time in to break these toughies...my one regret while on my recent japan trip was not picking up a pair (been putting off the task for years until i went back bc of exchange rates etc. but ended up buying evisu's lol)