45rpm

absolut

it's both fit and the quality of denim. but there is a place for the sorahiko in my collection. it's just that the eternals are more challenging to break in because of how deep the indigo is. i think the sorahikos will fade evenly whereas the eternals will give you great contrast in color.

Quote:

About those 811's on the Rakuten page, can anyone say if they are black or just a very deep indigo?

--- Original message by Edge_Of_Denim on Apr 12, 2006 10:33 AM

If you are talking about the 811s at bears that horriblyjollyjinx posted the link to, they are deep indigo.

I have never seen black 811s but I don't know that they don't exist.

ask a cassowary

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:

I just read the tag inside my new sorahiko. apparently, the indigo used IS natural indigo. fyi, for those who didn't know. not bad for $210 pair of jeans huh.

--- Original message by john11f on May 6, 2006 08:37 PM

john, Im not sure that that's true. The tag may be misleading. Can you please tell us what it says?

I could have sworn all Sorahiko are synthetic. Only special jeans such as Aihiko and Jomon are natural indigo.

i don't think it is. i think they use the same tag for all jeans.. it says something like used sythetic/natural indigo or something to that effect- which is a bit confusing. i'm too lazy to take off my jeans and look at it haha.

yeah what wild whiskey said was what the guy at the 45rpm store told me.

xcoldricex :

you can find pics of the jomons in this very topic.

wild_whiskey et al. :

the label on the sorahiko says:

"This product is made of (natural indigodyed/indigo dyed)fabric. With repeated wearing and washing,the color of the garment will pleasantly fade. Please be aware of the following: 1.The color may fade due to washing or friction.Do not wear,wash or dry with whites or lighter colors. 2.The color may fade due to perspiration or moisture.Wash promptly. 3.Do not bleach. 4.Consistent exposure to sunlight may alter the color.Line dry and store in shade."

The label is not misrepresentative, it's just confusing. I had the same thought (i.e.e that I'd got a bargain!) when I bought the sorahikos, but I also have a pair of aihikos and the label is exactly the same. The way it's written is in the alternative - so that it could be either. Having said that if they were doing it right, they'd score out the inapplicable one, or at least say "or" instead of "/".

By the way there are pic sof a guy wearing the UMIs and Jomons on www.rby45rpm.com.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm considering getting a pair of soraihko's via coldrice, and had some questions about the sizing. I'm currently wearing a pair a nudie slim jims size 28 and would like something similar but hopefully a little more fitted. I understand the cut of the soraihko is more generous, but I was hoping someone who knows about both could make a size suggestion for the waist. Any input is greatly appreciated.

the sorahiko's won't be slimmer than the slim jims.

perhaps you should be looking at other cuts. or other brands if the jomons are too pricey.

read some of the other threads. perhaps the SD103s are suitable?

_trinket

Yeah, from what I read I think I'm just going to have to accept a looser fitting through the legs. The black/indigo overdye is what I'm really interested with the sorahiko's, and when I called 45rpm they said this was the only cut with that denim. I guess I was hoping someone would know what a size 28 nudie waist would translate into in the sorahiko's. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll look into the SD103's.

Quote:

Fullcount 1474 is also black overdyed and there are Ironheart's that are also overdyed black

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/rebirth/BS-1.html

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 29, 2006 08:35 AM

Uh-oh. Do you have a link to the Full Counts? I saw some auction pics but couldn't find store pics.

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f43563407

ask a cassowary

Thanks 'jinx!

I have mixed feelings about the white stitching, but they are great-fitting jeans and that Zimbabwe cotton is amazing stuff.

For some reason when Google translated the page, the pics of the model are covering part of the text. Too bad, it was just talking about the falling being purple (the black overdye.)

Do you read Japanese? How do you have such an encyclopedic knowledge of all the brands? You're always way ahead of me! ha ha

xcoldricex, I guess that guy talking about Dior Eternal 811s wasn't too far off?

ask a cassowary