45rpm

absolut

Well, after the Shinobo2000 post, I am no longer certain. I received info on the Fujimon from the UES store (from Andrew who still worked there at the time) but like you, balked at the price for a black jean with questionable evo. They sent me pics of the denim, two of which I used in my post cause I couldn't get the depth of black with my so so camera. Comparing the pics of the Fujimon to the jeans I received, I can find two differences only. First, the buttons on the Fujimon (seen in my second pic) are glossy whereas the buttons on the ones I received (fourth pic in my post with my camera) are not. Second, the triangle on the inside waist band with the reclining R covering the size tag is indigo on the Fujimon pics but black on mine. I was not aware that they made a black jean other than the Fujimon until I saw Shinobi's post so I originally assumed that's what they were - Fujimon. I will ask the people at 45RPM the next time I speak with them. hmmm, maybe not the deal of the century afterall, maybe just a good deal.

Yea I fear your black ones may be the same that I have, the Sumi dyed sorahikos. They fit slimmer than the average sorahikos and any other 45rpm denim I've tried on or owned for that matter. I'll take exact measurements if you want so we can compare. Mine are size 32 tho, and I'm pretty sure I remember you being slightly larger than me.

And like you said, even if they aren't the Fujimons, you got a tremendous steal. I think the Sumi sorahikos retailed for $368.

lance, al1350.... --- let's put our heads together and solve this mystery because it's killing me. Those photos you provided lance, are EXACTLY like mine Sumi Sorahikos. Even the waist ring. Are you sure your waist ring is black? Mine is indigo as you will see below. Now supposing you have a pair of jeans that look exactly as mine does (and same as al1350...) I'm not so sure that necessarily means you don't have the Fujimons. When I went up to the UES store that day, that pair I picked up looked EXACTLY like the pair I had already. In fact, I was wearing my Sumi Sorahikos when I was in that store looking at that $1000 pair. The lady spoke very bad English and I could only make out something about them being "Anniversary" jeans. I was quite confused but I didn't say anything because the idiot in me thought the SoHo store had mistakenly sold me a $1000 pair of jeans for $400. A week later I went back to the SoHo store and saw my $400 jeans there. I told them about the $1000 pair I saw uptown. The guy said, yeah, those are these limited edition anniversary jeans, which they didn't have at that store. So I couldn't compare. The way I see it, there are only 2 possibilities:

1)There are a pair of $1000 Fujimons out there that look EXACTLY like these $400 Sumi Sorahikos, similar in every detail with absolutely no difference except in denim content. This is kinda suspicious -- why would 45rpm make two different jeans, with VASTLY different prices look exactly the same?

2)Japanese bitch at UES store was confused and that was really another $400 Sumi Sorahiko I was holding in my hands but it had the wrong price tag on it.

I'm more inclined to believe #2 because it just doesn't make sense for a jean company to make every detail the same in 2 different models.

Now I really have no idea. Thought I had the mystery solved with the indigo vs black triangle inside the waist band and glossy buttons vs matt buttons. I always look at the cut section on the underside of a belt loop to see whether or not the warp is core dyed or just surface dyed. These look like they are core dyed (but no indication of indigo at the core) and the triangle is black, not indigo. To add more confusion, 45RPM also sent me a pic of the distressed Fujimon to show how they would age and there was no indication of indigo under the black. And you would think if they are Ai dyed 24 times before being overdyed the core would be indigo. I think the only way to tell for certain is to speak to one of the people I deal with at 45RPM. Next time I call them, I'll ask. Thanks for the info and input, appreciate it.

Carl, $7.49??, great deal!

edit - They did make an Anniversary edition with overdye over Ai. I have numerous pics that two people from 45RPM sent me in October of their attempt at the NYC store to wash and age the jean. I didn't like the vertical fade lines they achieved so decided against buying them.

shinobi, you're the man haha. Sorry for so many pics?!? In a weak thread such as 45rpm the more pics the better. Me and you undoubtedly have the same pair of jeans, the sumi dyed sorahikos. Indigo triangle, purplish thread R on the back pocket, same looking under side. I know mine are the $368. I just got them a few weeks ago and have barely used mine so no real fading yet since its way too hot to wear these.

I handled the fujimons and honestly can't remember the specific details, but I do remember being blow away by them. This is my third pair of darker dyed 45rpm jeans, the other 2 being these:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1989130#post1989130

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2637754#post2637754

Needless to say I love them. I'm working now on a pair of Indigo dyed oxford pants that were released a few months ago.

And i'm presuming they showed you the supposed end product of the fading right? a pair with a ton of blue coming out? I've worn these very sporadically since last Dec and I'm very skeptical (worried actually!) that the blue will not be as prominent as their manufactured pair. All I see is grey, not a trace of blue.

• 5 weeks later...

Carl I love your collection. I picked up this vest today, not sure if I am going to keep but it sure is awesome. Sorry for the shitty picture, will take some better ones soon. Walked by the Soho store yesterday and saw they were hiring, thought about applying but thought any other NYC sufuers might be interested.

picsay-1315358870.jpg

Thinking about picking up a pair of the new Sorahiko 2011's

this weekend on my visit to NYC...

http://rby45rpm.com/shopping/show_product.php?product_ID=127/Sorahiko+2011

Has anyone picked up a pair? Can anyone comment on

the fit and general goodness of these?

Thanks in advance :-)

those Sumi Sorahikos i posted above are one of the best fitting jeans I own. Website says the 2011 cut is slightly slimmer than those (I got them in Nov of 2010) so I'm guessing they are a very modern style. This pair I have are already vastly different from the Sorahiko's they've been known forthe past 5-6 years.

• 2 weeks later...
Thinking about picking up a pair of the new Sorahiko 2011's

this weekend on my visit to NYC...

http://rby45rpm.com/shopping/show_product.php?product_ID=127/Sorahiko+2011

Has anyone picked up a pair? Can anyone comment on

the fit and general goodness of these?

Thanks in advance :-)

had the '08s & tried the 2010_ which i thought were a fab fit. but, the 2011s are the best fitting Soras evaar__ for my body type, that is.

Thanks Carl for bumping this thread, you definitely have quite the collection. Just seconding that I love the contrasting buttons they've got. I'm also very partial to their flannels. 45 makes some of the best shirts available in my opinion, just far too expensive at retail like most things these days.

• 2 weeks later...