45rpm

absolut

^:) and, it's usually a "limited edition" with a price increase because it's so "special". 45RPM has come out with quite a number of new jeans and, each quarter, they offer new items. I recently purchased an indigo dyed Suvin cotton selvage shirt and will shortly purchase an indigo dyed selvage cotton oxford that's intensely dyed, almost black. Since the beginning of the year, they've offered the Fujimon, another overdyed Ai denim that's similar to the Fujimon and a 5 pocket jean that's a more tapered jean. They offer small runs of certain items and unless you are in NYC or have someone in the store who will notify you, you'll not be aware their offerings. I do find that I have to be more selective than in the past, but they still offer unique items (also read expensive) not available from other brands. 45RPM has always been and still is my favorite source for indigo and denim!

Stopped by the UES store and checked out the new sorahikos. Aside from the loose weave already mentioned, they've gotten rid of the green cast the older version has. The color reminds me of some PBJs. They also eliminated the hip flare and use better thread for the yoke. The leg opening remains the same. The leather of the patch is different as well. Price seemed to have gone up by $50.

Nice to see everyone discuss about 45rpm again. Just take few pics for my denim which I bought last year in Japan and was made in spring event in 2009(if my memory is correct). About 9.5 oz, zipper fly, left twilled, star rivet, and printed pocket inside.

DSC06296.JPG

DSC06298.JPG

DSC06299.JPG

DSC06301.JPG

Two more...

34sse4p.jpg

2h85ufd.jpg

and a plug for the shirt im selling ;)http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2645637#post2645637

Carl, did you sell that grey chambray jacket on ebay? If so, I think I bought it... Funnily enough, I have it hanging up right now, to wear tomorrow in sunny London. I LOVE that jacket.

If I didn't buy it off you, I have an identical one; which is obviously much less interesting...

Here are my indigo T shirt. From Dark to light.

The middle two are made of Suvin cotton, and the right one which I bought last month has a very different color from it used to be. Kind of cyan and a little bit close to tiffany blue. My camera may not shows the real color...

DSC06370.JPG

I bought an indigo t-shirt on August of 2009 in Japan when they were in sale mode for maybe $20-30 US. Its big on me but the price was so good I had to go for it. I bought a long sleeve indigo t-shirt here in the Soho store a few years back when they were 30% off for maybe $150. T-shirts are definitely worth buying in sale mode in Japan, they go for so cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^no shit sherlock

Once again, gotta heap all of my possible praise on the staff at Rby45rpm in the LES. Sent them two shirts to replace buttons on, a vest to fix a tie on, and two pairs of Sorahikos to fix.

Cost me $20 dollars including shipping. The staff called me up to ask personal questions about each piece and to let me know that one of the metal buttons I was missing could be sourced from Japan for me for free. Fucking sending me a five dollar metal button all the way from Japan for free! Insane.

I've got too much love for this brand...I wake up in the middle of the night with the 45rpm hot sweats.

Sneak peak of my newest purchase:

japanimation_k-img600x468-1304141472x0ksoz73313.jpg

so I did a little comparison to figure out what jeans I actually got, and i'm certain they're one-wash sorahikos.

45rpm_sufu.jpg

45rpm_sufu_2.jpg

The waist is perfect according to what's been said here before, a bit snug, especially when it gets to closing the last upper two buttons.

The only comments people seem to be giving me upon wearing them are that they seem like a strange departure from my normal style, which is usually a pretty tapered jean. I haven't worn jeans with an 8" leg opening since I left those Abercrombie's behind in middle school.

I'm wondering if I should just suck it up and embrace the new style or if I should make my way to the soho store and have them hem and taper them. Carl, you said they might do that for free, right?

so I did a little comparison to figure out what jeans I actually got, and i'm certain they're one-wash sorahikos.

I'm wondering if I should just suck it up and embrace the new style or if I should make my way to the soho store and have them hem and taper them. Carl, you said they might do that for free, right?

They will do hemming definitely, I'm not sure about tapering. Call me a purist but I don't think you should taper 45 rpms.

Hem is free. Taper cost me $45 but it was worth it. They took an older pair of Sorahiko's, like yours, and slimmed them up to the dimensions of the 2010 Sorahiko's.

Do whatever you want. I find the older sorahiko's too wide below the knee so i fixed it. No sacrilege here.

Something that ended a few nights ago on the yhjp that I thought was pretty ill:

2vtqv06.jpg

They took an older pair of Sorahiko's, like yours, and slimmed them up to the dimensions of the 2010 Sorahiko's.

That you know it's an older pair and such is a testament to your knowledge on the brand.. good job.

I stopped by the store yesterday anyway and he said the same thing.

Thanks everybody

• 2 weeks later...

A little teaser before the big show...

My girls collection. It's missing a few random things but these are the key pieces, including what is probably the best piece i've ever bought which you can view last.

45rpm& shirt in a size 2. Indigo dyed

2hyjq5e.jpg

mlpi7d.jpg

Vintage 45rpm grey zip cardi in a size 2. Not entirely sure when this is from but my guess is late 90's.

2zox46e.jpg

R by 45rpm indigo dyed 3/4 sleeve shirt in a size 4. My girls favorite piece. If you want to know what an indigo dyed shirt looks like after 2 years and 50 plus washes then scroll down...

2589v88.jpg

9fmwsh.jpg

dpye5t.jpg

45rpm Coat in a size 3. Object dyed with some sort of purple indigo. Seriously one of the most amazing articles of clothing i've ever touched. Not sure if it's from the Dash organic line or just R by 45rpm.

abk1aw.jpg

jzipm9.jpg

xlbalj.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I used to own that same shirt in a size 1. Fit in the shoulders and the chest but was a solid three inches too short in the sleeves. Always rolled them up...

It's North Marine Drive, which is the older diffusion line. Shirt is most likely from 2000-2003, sometime in there.

I liked how thick the fabric was but for rolling up the sleeves it was too hot to wear in the summer.