45rpm

absolut

Can anyone help me out with the fit on these guys? They seem really easy to figure out (very slim and waist smaller than tagged), but then 45rpm lists a HIP measurement? And for the size I was considering (size 34) it says they have a 43" hip! I just want some clarification on the cut and actual waist measurements.

Thanks a million guys. I'll be sure to post pictures.

I wear 2008 regular Sorahiko in size 26, i'm thinking about getting them as well, i would get size 28, if that helps.....

Also, why you are selling your Jomon? You don't like them?:confused:

they truly are impressive in real life. i wouldn't mind having a pair eventho i already got the similar ai-dyed flecky face [on my SC40400N] & ink/charcoal dyed weft on my [s5000ai-10sp].

def agree that melding the 2 dyeing concepts in one is next level, but the 1000+ price tag is just criminal.

• 2 weeks later...

I"m confused --- Yin posted 3 links to the 45rpm japanese site showing a "Suminando Ultramarine Sorahiko" and a "Regular Sorahiko" in post 1494. Then posted a link to the "Suminando Charcoal Ultramarine Sorahiko" in post 1509. Suminando Ultramarine clearly does not have both warp and weft dyed whereas Suminando Charcoal Ultramarine does. Is the Suminando Charcoal dyed with Suminando warp and Charcoal weft? Or are both warp and weft dyed with both, the Charcoal layer above the Suminando layer? Isn't that what the Fujimons are all about? Why are they over $1000 and the Sorahiko Suminando/Charcoal mix only $384?

OK, i try to make it easier to understand......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one have Sumi(ink) on top of the ultramarine indigo and charcoal underneath.

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=4096009

This is the distressed version of this^^^^, that's how they will look like.

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=4096010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one have just Sumi(ink) on top of the ultramarine indigo, nothing underneath.

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=4096012

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one just have ultramarine indigo, that's it.

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=4076013

This is the distressed version of this^^^^, that's how they will look like.

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=4076012

Fujimon is natural indigo, dipped like 12 or 24 times and 10th anniversary jeans...so they are pretty overpriced, i would just get their regular stuff.....

English is my second language, if it's not clear enough, let me know.....:o

I guess my confusion is the fact that the inside of the Sumi+Ultramarine+Charcoal jeans are dark instead of white. Doesn't that mean that warp and weft are both dyed like the Nando x Nando? In other words, is it just the dark Suminando ink that makes the inside dark or is it because both warp and weft are dyed? If both are dyed, is it harder to fade? There are very very few pictures of nando x nando fading.

I guess my confusion is the fact that the inside of the Sumi+Ultramarine+Charcoal jeans are dark instead of white. Doesn't that mean that warp and weft are both dyed like the Nando x Nando? In other words, is it just the dark Suminando ink that makes the inside dark or is it because both warp and weft are dyed? If both are dyed, is it harder to fade? There are very very few pictures of nando x nando fading.

nando x nando fades more or less like PBJ 007 minus the slubbiness ..

@ Yin, I was curious why is that the ultramarine-only is more expensive than the other two ?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the cut is wonderful...much slimmer in all the right places (mostly below the thigh)

In fact, last time i was in I had the ladies at the midtown store take my old sorahiko's and tailor them like the newer cut. It cost a pretty penny ($45) but I love the way they fit even more now.

Yeah, the cut is wonderful...much slimmer in all the right places (mostly below the thigh)

In fact, last time i was in I had the ladies at the midtown store take my old sorahiko's and tailor them like the newer cut. It cost a pretty penny ($45) but I love the way they fit even more now.

wow they can do that? did they taper from the inseam or outseam or both? i have a pair that i wish i wore more but the leg is just too full at the bottom. So im hoping this new cut would be exactly what I want, cause i LOVE the fabric they use.

wow they can do that? did they taper from the inseam or outseam or both? i have a pair that i wish i wore more but the leg is just too full at the bottom. So im hoping this new cut would be exactly what I want, cause i LOVE the fabric they use.

they took mine from the inseam

email them and tell them you want your old cut to be tailored like the new cut...it'll cost you about $60 total in fees + shipping

anyone try the "new" sorahiko 2010?

Funny you should ask, I just got back from NYC and took fit pictures of them (not great ones/strange angles)....In fact, it was quite a lovely fit and I'd buy them as soon as I was in Japan!

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

Lovely pair of jeans! The SA (blonde girl...must've been new) clearly just started working there and was as ditzy as they come, hell they should've hired me! At least everyone else knew what was up...

Well...I did it. Pulled the trigger on a 45rpm piece. As I had said a few post pages ago, I had been saving up for a piece of denim from 45rpm for YEARS waiting for a nice moment to celebrate. Finished a big licensing exam a month ago so I was thinking of those Fujimons that we were all talking about. Well I finally saw them in person at the store and my heart was crushed by how odd the blue was. It's just too...gimmicky, the streaks, the slubbiness, the odd shade... It just wasn't what I was looking for. So I decided to fall back on the original prize I had set myself for years ago -- the regular Jomons. But then I got to thinking....I'm sure the denim is prime material but I was really looking for something truly *different*. The Jomons, as nice as the quality of the denim must be, just don't look or feel all that different from what I already have in my collection. So I found myself gravitating toward the Suminando Sorahikos, the Ultramarine/Charcoal ones. These are quite eye-popping as they are jet , jet black. The guy at the store said they'd fade first to blue then white. They had a faded version but of course we all know that isn't exactly how they'll fade. Not only is the warp and weft dyed so that the inside is black too but I was quite impressed by the fit. They're slimmer than the other models available, I think even slimmer than the Jomons but that could have just been my interpretation. I will try to put up pics soon.