45rpm

absolut

i thought my sorahikos are natural indigo. at least that's what the salesman told me. but then again he had a hard time speaking in english so that's probably why he wasn't accurate. i would have bought the jomons but they weren't available in the store. the sorahikos cost around US$210 in Japan.

I just emailed the NY store and they do do mail orders. I'm definitely considering getting some Jomons at the end of this month when I get paid.

I'm very impressed with 45rpm's customer service, I just emailed them a few hours ago and already got a reply. Most companies take a couple of days to get a reply, if at all (Imperial).

Quote:

They look awesome, I really like the color on the dark sorahiko too. What does the rise measure on the Jomons?

--- Original message by ko on Mar 19, 2006 06:03 PM

Front rise on the Jomons is 11.25 inches, back rise is 15.5 inches.

When I bought these at the Soho store, they showed me a pair that's been worn in for two years. Very different. Not much contrast, as the email says, but the fading was amazing. The denim had a greenish/greyish cast, I can't really describe it. I walked out of the store with the Sorahikos (because I wanted the contrast-fade) but got them home and realized I really wanted the natural indigo and a slimmer fit so I returned them for the Jomons - and definitely don't regret it. Worth the money, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fade to Black

yo semi-off topic rant (well it's still related to 45 RPM so...)...there's this white chick who works at 45 RPM in NYC, i think she's kinda hot...she's kinda short, long hair, anyone know who I'm talkin about? Actually there might be a few who look like that there since it's a vague description. Feisty lady too, when I was there last summer askin about the difference between sorahiko and aihiko (i didn't know the latter was discontinued) she kinda smirked. Yes, bad attitude, but I'd be lyin if i said that shit didn't turn me on :P

i love the black denim they do. its very black but in certain lights you can see the blue undertones... very well done. mine have shown absolutey no wear though- i wonder what they'll look like broken in but i've been working on a pair of denime's lately... this are the slimmer cut jeans, not baggy- very very nice fit.

i'm going to japan soon too, i think i'm going to get a new pair of 45rpms, indigo hopefully? maybe some sugarcanes/eternals/samurais too.. ahhhhhhhhh....

i only talked to the guy in the nyc store... who was super nice- he wanted me to get the blue jeans though, but at that time i think i had too man blue jeans so i opted for the black.

Quote:

does anyone know if the jomons or the umii's are a lot cheaper in japan?

--- Original message by xcoldricex on Apr 7, 2006 12:52 AM

i forgot the exact price difference but they're about between a third to half as cheap in japan.

Fuggeddaboutit, Minya, it's mine, all mine, Mwuwahahahahahaha!!icon_smile_evil.gif

I've never got any 'tude from that dark haired woman, and the blonde has always been terribly flirtatious, even with my girlfriend accompanying me. Hmm, maybe she just wants to get her three-way freak on, who knows. For a shop like that where you would expect the help to suck goats ass, they are very friendly and helpful. Props to the guy, he loves talking denim. That's just my experience...

WORD UP,

EVERYBODY SAY, WHEN YOU HEAR THE CALL

YOU GOT TO GET IT UNDERWAY.

Quote:
Quote:

does anyone know if the jomons or the umii's are a lot cheaper in japan?

--- Original message by xcoldricex on Apr 7, 2006 12:52 AM

i forgot the exact price difference but they're about between a third to half as cheap in japan.

--- Original message by Kasper on Apr 7, 2006 08:16 AM

awesome, there in may!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

can anyone confirm/give the actual price? cause i'm gonna go crazy while i'm there if that's true...

john, you said the jomon's weren't in stock in ginza? did you ask if they were sold out or what? (i guess that would be hard since you don't speak japanese.. but its worth a shot) i definitely would invest in jomons/umii's at half the US price!

they're not half price - about $100 to $150 less depending on exchange rate

but you'll have to find them as only a few shops carry them and last i checked there weren't too many of either left (although they said they may make more in the next year)

since the cotton they use is only harvested 2x a year. they are not sure if it's available in any stor and not even sure if they will make it again in the same style. again, like you said, it was hard for me to understand the salesman since he found it difficult to speak in english and i don't know japanese.

the new sorahikos i bought cost $206 and they cost $380 (w/ tax) in nyc. hope this helps...

the guy was wearing the black sorahikos but he said he's been using it for the past 2 years and it turned blue! amazing color! hard to break in though since i found the eternal 811 i bought from roland was better. IMO

Quote:

but you'll have to find them as only a few shops carry them and last i checked there weren't too many of either left (although they said they may make more in the next year)

--- Original message by asfberg on Apr 7, 2006 11:24 PM

as far as i know, the Jomon retail for 800$ in the states, in Japan, if my memory is correct, they retail around 50 000 yen, around 420$, they are really hard to find though i heard.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by asfberg on Apr 7, 2006 11:24 PM

as far as i know, the Jomon retail for 800$ in the states, in Japan, if my memory is correct, they retail around 50 000 yen, around 420$, they are really hard to find though i heard.

--- Original message by Kasper on Apr 8, 2006 01:25 AM

maybe my figures are old

last i looked they were $750 in the us and about 59,000Â¥ there

the exchange rate is better now so maybe it's $200 or more difference

i was told what john11f said - they're not sure when or if they'll make them again and most stores there don't have them

they also don't sell them on the online store (japanese)

so if you really want them you'll probably have to get them from the soho store who seem to have a decent stock, or at least one pair in most sizes

yes the SoHo store does have a decent number of Jomon's left. They were $834. The Umis on the other hand, had one pair left I think -- $730? I wanted to compare the fits but that last Umi was a size 29 which I couldn't fit into. THey told me that it's a bit slimmer in the butt area but otherwise the same as the Jomon. I did try the Jomon on...it did feel really nice, but goddamn...$834??? I just can't afford that now.

Quote:

maybe the sorahikos are not as good as the jomons. i don't know since i haven't seen them. but since getting my eternal 811s, the 45rpm has taken a backseat...but it still worth having.

--- Original message by john11f on Apr 10, 2006 01:23 AM

why do you prefer the 811s, is it the fit or the denim?

not at all saying it's wrong to prefer the eternal, because they're awesome, I'm just curious! icon_smile_clown.gif

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år