45rpm

absolut

Thanks guys. Glad you enjoy the pics.

To take photos I recommend a lot of light and a steady hand. I use a Lumix with the Leica lens.

The biggest issue I have is that I'm not getting a consistent blue shade between photos. Next time I'll try setting the white balance to see if that helps.

At the moment my favourites are the Geishas, but I haven't worn the 45rpms/Eternals/Samurais yet. I went a bit crazy in Japan over xmas and got enough denim to last until I turn 50.

Thanks guys. Glad you enjoy the photos.

... you need a lot of light and a steady hand. I use a Lumix with the Leica lens. The biggest issue I have is that the shade of blue changes between pictures. Next time I'll try setting the white balance first... see if that helps.

My favourites at the moment are the Geishas, but I haven't worn the 45rpm/Eternal/Samurais. I went crazy in Japan over xmas and got enough denim to last until I'm 50.

PG2G, I don't know enough about the other 45rpm models. Perhaps someone else has an idea about the colour of the "R" on the back pocket.

_trinket

Guest Fade to Black

awesome pics and site, trinket....slightly off topic, but i must mention that the broken twill selvedge LV jacket is gorgeous...maybe I gotta go take another look at their denim - they seem to be concentrating more on this in recent seasons. Right now my goal is still the Junya Watanabe X Levi's Big E 66 501's though...

I just bought some w36 distressed Sorahikos from 45 rpm online store using Juno. I was expecting them to be w36 or marginally smaller - when they arrived yesterday they measure 40 inch waist and are huge.This is obviously not Junos fault and I've asked him for help in returning them. Let me point out I also bought some SD105s,SD103s,Eternal 111s, and SC40300N's and SC1955's ( the Sugar Canes are too big but I'm hoping they'll shrink) all of which were appropriate to the tag size. Ironic that the most expensive, supposedly best denim company can screw up so badly on something as basic as sizing.By the way I have 2 pairs of one wash Sorahikos in w36 so I know these are completely wrong.I'll be interested to see how ( if at all ) 45 RPM fix this.

"I just bought some w36 distressed Sorahikos from 45 rpm online store using Juno. I was expecting them to be w36 or marginally smaller - when they arrived yesterday they measure 40 inch waist and are huge.This is obviously not Junos fault and I've asked him for help in returning them. Let me point out I also bought some SD105s,SD103s,Eternal 111s, and SC40300N's and SC1955's ( the Sugar Canes are too big but I'm hoping they'll shrink) all of which were appropriate to the tag size. Ironic that the most expensive, supposedly best denim company can screw up so badly on something as basic as sizing.By the way I have 2 pairs of one wash Sorahikos in w36 so I know these are completely wrong.I'll be interested to see how ( if at all ) 45 RPM fix this."

Why didn't you go to the store to try them on, or at least call the 45 rpm store in NY instead of ordering them through Juno? That way, you personally could get service, instead of going through a reseller, etc. I don't know, just seems kinda lame to bash something when there were better steps to take than the ones taken. I know from experience that even the same brand of denim, sometimes the waist varies....

just my .02

1. The cost of the flight from the UK to New York would have been prohibitive, also I would need a hotel and transport.........

2. I have bought from the store in New York and also Paris, and to my knowledge they didn't have these in stock in distressed anyway.I made a quite resonable assumption that they operate to certain tolerances in their manufacturing process - after all most companies do.

3. Juno isn't a reseller.

4. You're seriously telling me that you've experienced a SIX INCH difference in waist size on two pairs of jeans identical tag size model and manufacturer !!!!!! I don't think it's

Anyway my faith has been restored in 45 RPM as the NY store has responded to me by email and promised to help ensure I get the right size. I'll update with the results.

Quote:

I just bought some w36 distressed Sorahikos from 45 rpm online store using Juno. I was expecting them to be w36 or marginally smaller - when they arrived yesterday they measure 40 inch waist and are huge.This is obviously not Junos fault and I've asked him for help in returning them. Let me point out I also bought some SD105s,SD103s,Eternal 111s, and SC40300N's and SC1955's ( the Sugar Canes are too big but I'm hoping they'll shrink) all of which were appropriate to the tag size. Ironic that the most expensive, supposedly best denim company can screw up so badly on something as basic as sizing.By the way I have 2 pairs of one wash Sorahikos in w36 so I know these are completely wrong.I'll be interested to see how ( if at all ) 45 RPM fix this.

--- Original message by LFC4ever on Mar 15, 2006 03:55 AM

LFC4ever:

I recently won a pair of size 36 waist R by 45 rpm jeans on e-bay. I am a denim rookie and would like someone who has more knowledge to tell me what model they are. They have the printed, (Sarasa print) front pocket bags, the denim has a very interesting matte blue dye color indicative of natural dye and they are distressed. In addition, they fit slightly slimmer than my other pair of 45 rpm's which I believe to be the Sorahiko's, (also won on e-bay). The denim weight is approx. 14.5 oz, very sturdy, and the fit is slightly tighter in the leg with a smaller rise than the Sorahiko's. So, based upon my limited knowledge, I think they are the older "Aihiko's". I read that you recently received the wrong waist size. These are approx. 36.2 inches in the waist, (label says 36). The inseam is about 33.5 inches. These jeans are very cool, but I like them to fit a little looser than these fit. Perhaps you might be interested in them, I believe that these have never been washed and worn very little. I'll try to post some pictures for you, and others who might be interested.

Mr. C

Wow! looking at LFC4ever's pics of the two jeans side by side, there is a drastic difference in waist sizing. The jeans you just ordered are actually tagged w36? That totally sucks. But its good to hear the NY 45rpm store may be willing to help you out....good luck!

LFC, I'm envious. May I ask, what did your purchase of those Sorahiko's through Juno set you back? I covet that brand, you have no idea. I've been in their Soho shop many times and each time there is something else I've got pending, or have already purchased, that keeps me from making a move. This time it was camera equipment, but, even so I picked up their "Eastern Shirt". Expensive, yes, but a whole lot less expensive than denim, a purchase which I just couldn't rationalize. Not yet. But there will come a day...

Hi

They cost me $403 delivered from Juno (list is 334,000 yen.) - they are $478 in the NY shop but at least you get the right size. Also I now have the cost of returning them ( say $20 ) although the very helpful New York shop thought that the online shop was refunding and had written off the need to return the jeans.However Juno said I need to return them so I will follow that process as I guess the New York shop may have misunderstood.

All in all I'm very surprised that 45 rpm sold these but I cannot fault the service and help I have had from New York - they have been superb ( especially given they are a seperate entity and it really is nothing to do with them). Henry Hsu is one of the most helpful enthusiastic people I have dealt with and I cannot recommend him highly enough ! He also went to the trouble of sending me a pretty detailed email on the various types of denim and finishes they have which was useful.

Quote:

Hi

They cost me $403 delivered from Juno (list is 334,000 yen.) - they are $478 in the NY shop but at least you get the right size. Also I now have the cost of returning them ( say $20 ) although the very helpful New York shop thought that the online shop was refunding and had written off the need to return the jeans.However Juno said I need to return them so I will follow that process as I guess the New York shop may have misunderstood.

All in all I'm very surprised that 45 rpm sold these but I cannot fault the service and help I have had from New York - they have been superb ( especially given they are a seperate entity and it really is nothing to do with them). Henry Hsu is one of the most helpful enthusiastic people I have dealt with and I cannot recommend him highly enough ! He also went to the trouble of sending me a pretty detailed email on the various types of denim and finishes they have which was useful.

--- Original message by LFC4ever on Mar 18, 2006 11:35 AM

can you post his email about the different denims?

Quote:

These are the jeans and prices...

Old Sorahiko jean

- Slightly tapered in the leg and a bit more slimmer fitting overall than our other jeans, 14 once denim

- One wash blue Sorahiko - $290, blue is dark

- Distressed blue Sorahiko - $380

- One wash black Sorahiko - blue indigo, overdyed with black sulfar, $290

New Sorahiko jean

- Straight leg, 14 once denim

- One wash blue Sorahiko - $333, blue is dark

- Distressed blue Sorahiko - $478

BC 4000 jean

- Straight leg, a bit more loose fitting overall, 9.5 once denim

- Blue one wash - $334, blue is deep & rich

- Distressed blue wash - $478

- Black one wash - $334

- Distressed black wash - $478

UMII jean

- Suvin cotton, slightly lower rise, wider set back pockets in the shape of a shield, fifth pocket sewn on the inside

- Blue one wash - $726, blue color is brighter & more vibrant

- Distressed blue - $884, natural plant indigo dyed

Jomon jean

- Slightly slimmer fit overall, and a bit tapered at the bottom, hand dyed in natural plant indigo

- Blue one wash - $754, blue is deep & rich

- Charcoal distressed - $754, dyed in charcoal, grey in color

--- Original message by weiyung on Dec 17, 2005 12:04 PM

here it is...

This is the relevant part of the email I got:

In any case, let me tell you a little bit about the Jomon denim. The

fit is

actually a slimmer fit than the Sorahiko's that you have. It's a bit

narrower around the hips and very slightly tapered. Very simple and

very

nice in general! The fabric is similar to the Sorahiko's - 100%

organic

hand-picked Zimbabwe cotton - however, the difference is in the weaving

and

dyeing of the yarn. The same vintage shuttle looms are used, but the

machines are slowed down significantly - in order to produce a

extra-slubby

fabric. The yarn is also hand-dyed in natural plant indigo twice a

day for

two weeks. The color is beautiful, and it ages quite differently from

the

synthetic indigo dyes of the Sorahiko, which is very contrasty. When

the

plant indigo ages, it simply gets to be a softer hue of blue...without

too

much of the blue-white contrasting.

Even though it is slimmer, I would say go with the 36 still...as it's

the

style...and they do stretch a bit. The US price is 754.00.

ALSO available in NY in size 36:

(Suminando Buchi) Black Distressed BC4000 - this pair is a Synthetic

indigo

dyed then over dyed in black Sulphur - also finished in the same manner

of

the ones you just received.....the color is definitley black with nice

blue

undertones. The term BC4000 refers to the fabric we developed for this

line, which is a left hand twill, unlike the traditional right hand

twill

most denim is made of.... This is a great lighter weight denim and has

been

popular especially in the warmer months. This style runs a bit bigger

than

the Sorahikos - and the rise is a little bit longer as well. This one

actualy measure 37 inches at the wiast, and the cost is 478.00.

(Sorahiko Suminando Buchi) Black Distressed - this pair is the same as

the

ones you just purchased from Japan, but in the blue overdyed black.

The

measurement is a true size 36 inch waist, and the cost is 478.00 usd.

(Sorahiko Buchi) Blue Distressed - what you were originally looking

for!

Measurement is a true 36, and the cost is 478.

(Suminando Sorahiko One-wash) - This is the dark version of the

blue-overdyed black which at the beginning looks BLACK..then fades to a

blue....over time. This one runs smaller at 35 inches, and the cost is