45rpm

absolut

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Shot in the dark here and a little bump for this thread. I'm looking for a gently used pair of Jomons or something with a similar feel in ~33-34 possibly a 36 that's shrunken a bit.

If anyone has anything to unload or comes across anything in their travels both real and digital, please hit me up.

Never really post but active reader and have always appreciated everyone's insight.

Thx

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, NYDRH said:

Shot in the dark here and a little bump for this thread. I'm looking for a gently used pair of Jomons or something with a similar feel in ~33-34 possibly a 36 that's shrunken a bit.

If anyone has anything to unload or comes across anything in their travels both real and digital, please hit me up.

Never really post but active reader and have always appreciated everyone's insight.

Thx

too bad you werent looking for a 31.

• 6 months later...

In case anyone UK-based might be interested, the 45rpm store in London is closing down. They are doing 50% off all stock until end of today. I popped along yesterday. There are a fair few sizes of the Futatabi 6.5 Sorahikohime jean still in, especially in large sizes. There's plenty of other lovely bits too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 10:34 AM, StuartM said:

In case anyone UK-based might be interested, the 45rpm store in London is closing down. They are doing 50% off all stock until end of today. I popped along yesterday. There are a fair few sizes of the Futatabi 6.5 Sorahikohime jean still in, especially in large sizes. There's plenty of other lovely bits too.

I happened to walk past the empty shop today. It was only open for 3 years but I suppose it was unfortunate timing to coincide with Covid for most of that time.

I have literally a closet full of Ai indigo and synth indigo clothing from the Soho and Upper East Side stores bought when they were in their heyday from Spring 2005 to 2009 while it was still R by 45RPM. They really cared about indigo dyeing and truly interesting clothing. The present iteration of 45R has a different philosophy and caters to a different breed of consumer. 

Sent from my iPad

Please expand on this Lance. I’ve never been that familiar with 45rpm beyond the few posts I’ve read on here so it’ll be interesting to hear your view as you probably know more about them than most of us.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hi,  new to 45rpm denim jeans.  could not find enough information on their website. 

anyone knows how heavy is their standard models (sora hikohime)? 

do ai hiko(蓝比古) and sora hiko (空比古) both use natural indigo dye? or some of them use only pure indigo?

thanks.

Edited by edwardlj

I’m no expert, but have bought several pairs of 45rpm jeans over the years. The weight seems like 12-14oz denim. The sorahiko are pure indigo, only the very expensive jeans are natural indigo , over 70,000jpy, and some have AI in the name, also the Jomons have come back for the USA market and they are natural indigo.