45rpm

absolut

Taken from "45rpm Sorahiko Nando x Nando *pics*" thread. Ms. Technicolor is a size 24, and these are a size 27. About 3 sizes too big for her, but a nice relaxing fit nonetheless.

img0472rc8.th.jpg

img0473fu5.th.jpg

img0474uu6.th.jpg

img0479nz0.th.jpg

img0482wu8.th.jpg

45rpm has made a few modifications to their famous sorahiko, going with a more tapered cut and changing the placement of the back pockets for a tighter fit. now i kind of wish i hadn't gotten a pair of the old ones back in september.

i'm not sure how these compare to the sorahiko slim that's available in 45rpm's new york stores, but i figured people might be interested in the news.

Went in the Paris store yesterday, and the girl showed me a pair of what I think were the new Sorahiko's (never really sure with them, communication is a bit rough with Japanese to French to English) and to be honest the cut wasn't appealing to me at all.

Had very bulged out hips, low waist and the backpockets were all the way up and almost touching the yoke.

I asked if it was maybe a womens model but she said no.

Maybe I just misunderstood...

I also asked if these would replace the old Sorahiko's, or if these would be an additional model, and this too she couldn't really tell me.

She was very friendly though...

Anyway, they had just washed a big part of the jeans they had in the store, so the whole shop was filled with damp jeans, not bad...

ok, well my new style sorahiko's came today and they were pretty much as duck described; lower rise than previously, wider in the hips and quite ballooned legs. they dont seem tapered either.

it could be enhanced because i have a pot belly and skinny legs which dont fill out the trousers, but the overall styling is as described.

45rpm001bg9.jpg

45rpm002aj2.jpg

my options now are to return (if able), sell or alter. i had been planning to make my own pair of jeans, so maybe i will just start with these. albeit slightly more costly than i had envisiged. im considering a taper right from the waist band to the hem.

So ive finally figured out how to use yahoo.Jp auctions and turns out it's a fucking gold mine for 45RPM stuff.

Now, if i could only figure out a way to use these proxy services...anyone have any help?

I mean, fuck! Look at how bad ass this jacket is...

nqsat52-img450x600-1204450765p1450630.jpg

There are a bunch of threads for proxy's, but a lot of people on here (including myself) use sharpservice: http://www.sharpservice.jp/. They have instructions on there.

Yahoo japan seriously is a goldmine for 45 rpm stuff. A lot of the items for the more recent seasons tend to get bid up, but the older stuff can be had for dirt cheap. You can also find a lot of umii stuff pretty cheap on there.

So ive finally figured out how to use yahoo.Jp auctions and turns out it's a fucking gold mine for 45RPM stuff.

Now, if i could only figure out a way to use these proxy services...anyone have any help?

I mean, fuck! Look at how bad ass this jacket is...

nqsat52-img450x600-1204450765p1450630.jpg

Is there a guide posted about navigating yahoo jp auctions? If not maybe you could post one? :)

^^ those are an older model pair of jeans. I'm not sure if those are considered sorahikos or not. The description says they're one-wash and basically new. He says the waist measures out to 78cm, which is more of a 30 than a 31.

Also, it is wise to check the measurements on pants from yahoo japan. Most shops in Japan will hem pants for free or a nominal fee. This means that you can often get jeans that are too short on the average westerner. These jeans have a 79cm inseam.

^^ those are an older model pair of jeans. I'm not sure if those are considered sorahikos or not. The description says they're one-wash and basically new. He says the waist measures out to 78cm, which is more of a 30 than a 31.

Also, it is wise to check the measurements on pants from yahoo japan. Most shops in Japan will hem pants for free or a nominal fee. This means that you can often get jeans that are too short the average westerner. These jeans have a 79cm inseam.

thanks alot. price is pretty phenomenal

• 2 weeks later...