45rpm

absolut

and they do a lot more than jeans - western style shirts, khaki's, cords, sweaters, vests, coats, t-shirts ... all really nice and expensive (shirts are min $275, t-shirts start around $115).

it's kind of a japanese-american-rich hippie-casual sunday afternoon-workwear type thing. rei kawakubo invades ralph lauren and passes a j.crew on the way home. or not, it's better than that. a lot better than that.

One more thing to add.

If you do purchase the selvage version, it would be a great buy. sure its a little pricey, but its a great investment and will look even better down the road.

I spent $480 on a pair of Soraikhos and havent felt salty since.

Quote:

I don't think there are $200.00 ones. In the US, the cheapest jean is 380 (350 + tax).

At the same time, they do have a sale in jan. so maybe jeans will be cheaper.

Edited by Roland on Dec 16, 2005 at 07:39 PM

--- Original message by Roland on Dec 16, 2005 03:46 PM

wrong. i was in there not too long ago and there was a pair for 290.

These are the jeans and prices...

Old Sorahiko jean

- Slightly tapered in the leg and a bit more slimmer fitting overall than our other jeans, 14 once denim

- One wash blue Sorahiko - $290, blue is dark

- Distressed blue Sorahiko - $380

- One wash black Sorahiko - blue indigo, overdyed with black sulfar, $290

New Sorahiko jean

- Straight leg, 14 once denim

- One wash blue Sorahiko - $333, blue is dark

- Distressed blue Sorahiko - $478

BC 4000 jean

- Straight leg, a bit more loose fitting overall, 9.5 once denim

- Blue one wash - $334, blue is deep & rich

- Distressed blue wash - $478

- Black one wash - $334

- Distressed black wash - $478

UMII jean

- Suvin cotton, slightly lower rise, wider set back pockets in the shape of a shield, fifth pocket sewn on the inside

- Blue one wash - $726, blue color is brighter & more vibrant

- Distressed blue - $884, natural plant indigo dyed

Jomon jean

- Slightly slimmer fit overall, and a bit tapered at the bottom, hand dyed in natural plant indigo

- Blue one wash - $754, blue is deep & rich

- Charcoal distressed - $754, dyed in charcoal, grey in color

i just got back from the uppereastside 45rpm store. got the jomon jean in one wash. i feel like this is the pair of jeans i've been looking for since i started buying jeans. perfect slim fit similar to the 47 levis, nice heavy 14oz denim, well constructed for wearing to work, beautiful color that should fade perfectly....expensive but this hopefully will be it for me for awhile. also the sale starts in january and will be at the soho store and will not include 5 pocket jeans.

they did have a pair of older 45rpm jeans at the beacons closet in park slope when i was there last week. nonselvedge, 29 waist, soft as hell denim, faded to a nice medium blue, no whiskers....i think they were $15 which is $10 cheaper than they charge for PD&C jeans. as for the sale...they didn't mention any prices but even if everything is half off everything will still be really pricey.

Dear denim experts,

Considering all the good things I've been hearing about 45rpm, do you think that the buck stops here and buying them will satisfy your appetite for premium denim.

I've been hearing all your advise since hanging out in this forum and have all respect for members' opinion. I already have a APC English and Nudie RRDS selvage and am looking to complete the collection with the Sorahiko.

I'm sure there will be more projects in the future but I'm really set on getting 45rpm. Coming in close 2nd are Sugarcanes and Samurai.

Which one would you guys choose? 1) 45rpm new Sorahiko 2) Sugarcane Hawaii 3) Samurai 1001xx?

Thanks!

I think in terms of buying Japanese denim in the U.S. I agree that the buck stops at 45 rpm. I haven't seen anything that tops it. At the same time, Japan has a lot to offer.

I think the special version of the Hawaiis is sold out, but there are still other versions (granted my ability to navigate japanese web pages isn't great), but the SC40500N look just as good (its got a great denim tint). I would buy these:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/356860/

Personally, I bought a pair of Samurais (SO110XJ) instead of a pair of Old Sorahikos (Indigo with Black Overdye (which I still want)) mainly beacause I wanted a heavier denim for winter (17oz vs 14) and the fit on paper matched a pair of jeans that are more flattering to me (Earnest Sewn Rollos).

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/so110xj

Sidenote - You may mean Studio D'artisan 101xx instead of the Samurai 1001xx.

Edited by Roland on Dec 20, 2005 at 09:26 PM

Quote:

I think in terms of buying Japanese denim in the U.S. I agree that the buck stops at 45 rpm. I haven't seen anything that tops it. At the same time, Japan has a lot to offer.

I think the special version of the Hawaiis is sold out, but there are still other versions (granted my ability to navigate japanese web pages isn't great), but the SC40500N look just as good (its got a great denim tint). I would buy these:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/356860/

Personally, I bought a pair of Samurais (SO110XJ) instead of a pair of Old Sorahikos (Indigo with Black Overdye (which I still want)) mainly beacause I wanted a heavier denim for winter (17oz vs 14) and the fit on paper matched a pair of jeans that are more flattering to me (Earnest Sewn Rollos).

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/so110xj

Sidenote - You may mean Studio D'artisan 101xx instead of the Samurai 1001xx.

Edited by Roland on Dec 20, 2005 at 09:26 PM

--- Original message by Roland on Dec 20, 2005 09:16 PM

>> Personally, I bought a pair of Samurais (SO110XJ)

I compliment you on your good taste Roland -- VERY nice left-hand-twill Lee repros (although heavier than the original and non-sanforized) -- I'm sure they will wear wonderfully. Any additional pix, and any general comments on the sizing, would I'm sure be appreciated by all.

>>Sidenote - You may mean Studio D'artisan 101xx instead of the Samurai 1001xx.

He may also mean the Warehouse 1001xx

Quote:

Dear denim experts,

Considering all the good things I've been hearing about 45rpm, do you think that the buck stops here and buying them will satisfy your appetite for premium denim.

I've been hearing all your advise since hanging out in this forum and have all respect for members' opinion. I already have a APC English and Nudie RRDS selvage and am looking to complete the collection with the Sorahiko.

I'm sure there will be more projects in the future but I'm really set on getting 45rpm. Coming in close 2nd are Sugarcanes and Samurai.

Which one would you guys choose? 1) 45rpm new Sorahiko 2) Sugarcane Hawaii 3) Samurai 1001xx?

Thanks!

--- Original message by john11f on Dec 20, 2005 08:42 PM

I would rather get Samurai's, Denime's or Eternal's than 45rpm's. I dont see how 45rpms are better.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

I would love to own one pair from those brands that make Levi's repros but probably in the future. I think it's 45rpm for now. I'm finding it hard to buy using those 3rd party services to get anything from Japan and I live in Asia! It's just too difficult if you can't understand the literature in the descriptions. Sorry, I did mean the Warehouse 1001xx...